Well I'm back (and probably back at square 1) after a very hectic few weeks..

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
I can't remember the last time I checked in on here, so hello again everyone!

Giving myself a major kick up the backside after almost 2 weeks completely, 100% off plan!

Early hours of Tuesday 26th July my Dad suffered a heart-attack in his sleep, and technically died - his heart stopped beating. I called 999 and my mum and I did the best CPR we could until they arrived. After a few shocks, the paramedics managed to get his heart going again, and he was rushed into hospital. Although he was breathing on his own again, he was unconcious, and doctors were worried about the lack of oxygen to his brain - we were told there was a large possibility he would be brain damaged if and when he woke up. For the next 24 hours my dad was cooled right down (a method of preserving the brain after attacks such as this), and put into a coma and onto a ventilator so that his body could completely rest. By wednesday evening he was starting to wake up, and miraculously he was transferred from Intesive Care up into a normal heart ward - even the nurses were amazed at his turn around!! Since then he has suffered short term memory loss, due to the sedation drugs, etc he was given, but now he is as good as new - if not better! Dad went for an angiogram Tuesday afternoon and it was discovered that he has a few blocked arteries due to cholestral, diabetes, etc. Doctors are currently discussing the options they can take in order for this not to happen again, and it currently looks like he'll be getting a pacemaker / defibrilator.

It is a genuine miracle that Dad survived - he works away, and that week he just so happened to be at home with mam and I. I strongly believe that it was destiny that he was there with us, and that he has been given a second chance. The paramedics, nurses and doctors who have worked on him are Angels, and each and every one of them deserve medals. I will never ever be able to thank them enough for saving my Dad.

Now, obviously during this time Slimming World was bottom of my list of priorities. But now everything is on the up, it's time for me to kick myself back into gear and start over :)

As Forrest Gump's mama always said, "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get". It's true - you never know whats around the corner. So from now on, I'm living each day to the full!

Thank you Sally, he truely is my best friend! :)

I lost my amazing Dad to cancer 7 years ago (just after my 40th birthday). He too was my best friend and miss him so much. Shower your Dad with cuddles and love at every opportunity lol!! x

Back