Well im now at target but....

Being comfortable in your own skin is what counts. I still have 12lbs to go but feel so much better I know I could stay here... but planning to get to goal no matter what!!! And my goal is the very top end of what is healthy zone for my height, so there would be still leeway to lose, but I am not going there, I want to be realistic.
I think progs like this have a lot to answer for, they can really make us feel inadequate and unsettled. There IS no right weight for a certain height, it deoends on so many other things, frame, fitness, age, sex, etc. You have done SOOOO well Sleepy!!! Yay you!!!!
xxx

Thank you Katycakes, I do feel more positive now but for some reason that programme really got to me?
Look at your weight loss, you the maaaaaaaan!! x

Not the maaaan, I'm the woooo-maaan, cos I have a waist again.... yay!!!!!
xxx

I'm only scanning these replies quickly. As i've just read your thread i feel i need to reply quick.
I'm only 5'4" and sitting just over 11 and half stone. Still well in the overweight category but having lost 3 stone i am feeling good. I would dearly love to be 10 stone. I dont think i will ever make it but if i do i also dont think i could realistically maintain it but i'm here to have a go.
At 11 and a half stone, i know i am overweight, but no longer obese, i can wear a lot of size 12 but often a 14 (average british women is a 16), i have plenty energy. As i said another stone would be fab but it would be a much tougher battle and it would be constant.
At 5'0" your BMI is spot on (and i'm green with envy). Please look at your life and how much better you are feeling. You have done the work, lost the weight.
I'm sorry i'm rambling but please please do not pay attention to the 'size zero' programs you sound as though you are looking fab.
Mind over matter.

Hi Mollydog - Glad i read your post - you're about the same as me for the sake of a few pounds:D I also would love to get down to 10 stone but as you say - I'm a 12 bottom and 14 top at present and i know i look fine. If i went down that far i really think i would look scraggy:eek: - maybe it's coz i'm over 40 now:sigh: but evidently it's either my bum or my face and i afraid the face will win - Don't wanna look like some ol' hag:D. Everyone has to do what is right for them!! (If i was 8 stone 7 they'd be using me as a skeleton in some lab somewhere:p)

I think 11 stone might just do me!

wow, congrats at getting to target!!

i do love supersize vs superskinny but it does drive me nuts. few weeks ago there was a tiny girl on there, she went off at the end and came back and had put like, 3lb on in 3 months and they were like, wow! fantastic you have done sooo well and look so good!

seriously though, 3lb in 3 months? fantasic?! i can put that on just eating a pizza:rolleyes:

sorry for that rant!

congrats again for getting to target, cant wait to get to where you are ;)

x

Lol, I agree what you said about putting 3 pounds on with pizza!
I have had a couple of weekends away and ate what i want and one time, i put on 6lb over the weekend! Luckily, it all came off quite quickly.
Good luck wih your weightloss Amyeve :) xx

well done sleepy! missed this post.

SIze 8 is fab well done you, bet you look great xx I think I would sleep in them too

I always feel fat, and try and remember how well I have done so far, just can't get the image out of my head

Me too! Still got my fat glasses on and think i will always feel this way.
It sucks really, dunnit? x

Take off the fat glasses and look in the mirror sleepbird, you will then see a tiny size 8 :copon:xx

Lol, i wish! Just generously cut trousers wrongly labelled ;-).
My booobeees wont let me get that small triple!! :D

Congrats on gettint to your goal and a size 8 thats my dream size by the way lol I'm 5'1 and have a goal of 9st the lightist I will have been and that will give me a lovely healthy Bmi. I saw supersize vs superskinny aswell and yeah it made me paranoid to sometime I see things like that and start getting into a train of thought thinking "gosh I'm the same height as x person and she only weighs 115lbs I want to be 126lb oh no I need to go lower I will still be fat at 126lb scream". But then I have to stop myself as I don't want to get addicted to losing weight as thats as dangerous as being obease. And yes I too got uber annoyed when they applauded the girl for gaining 3lb in 3 months when the guy lost 3st in the same time frame. Anyway think I'm going to get to goal and then try for 8st 7lb just so I have a few pounds to play with lol xxx

Try not to listen to numbers and averages hun it is all about how you feel in yourself. I am 5ft and a wee bit and am 8st 11 - yes I could lose more and get rid of a few lumps and bumps, but the effort that would go into maintaining that lower weight take the joy out of it for me.

Celebrate all that you have achieved and pay these statistics no attention!

xxx

PORGEOUS!!! so strange that you replied because is was your pic that reassured me that 8st 7lb-9st was a lovely weight to be because I thought you looked beautiful at that weight and was the same height as me. So lots of love you xxxx

Porgeous, if i can look like you, i will be happy! x

PORGEOUS!!! so strange that you replied because is was your pic that reassured me that 8st 7lb-9st was a lovely weight to be because I thought you looked beautiful at that weight and was the same height as me. So lots of love you xxxx

Porgeous, if i can look like you, i will be happy! x

Thank you both so much, you've made an old gal very happy! xxx

Your only as old as your shoe size hun xxx

Back