Well there goes the diet

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
:wave_cry:
I've been in hospital since midnight Monday night. Have been fasting since then, also. It's horrible, horrible, horrible.

I had my appendix removed this afternoon, and I'm still fasting until tomorrow.
So my SW diet is really suffering. I stepped on the scales today in the hospital though, and it said I was a half stone lighter than my WI last week, so I suppose that's a good thing, although it'll probably all pile back on when I start eating again. What do you guys think?

Anyway...sorry for rambling. I'm so bored and sore.

Hope you feel better soon :(
Some of it may go back on but if you are careful and eat sensibly u shouldn't regain all of it :)

Don't worry about it, focus on healing, and in the meantime food optimise. The sooner you start with it the less you will need to worry about gaining. The food is good and will help you heal (make sure you take B6 supplements). No need to panic about gaining here as you will get back on track asap. :)

Be kind to yourself! You've been ill, praise God you're on the mend!
Get well soon x

Don't think food optimising is a choice I have here. I will have to eat what I'm given, and to be honest, I'm hungry enough to eat anything.

But as soon as I'm home, I will be back in the driver's seat! I was so looking forward to my WI lastnight, but I suppose next week will be even better.

Question... can I get slimmer of the week with a big loss next week, even though I missed WI this week? I know you can't get slimmer of the week if you've gained the week before...

Ah, you are still in hospital - that will make a difference. You need to eat, so eat and worry about it later. As for SOW, I think you can win it despite not making it the week before, (although you must have lost the week before that one too!).

I did :D yay!

Gives me something to look forward to! I'll be gutted now if two weeks' losses don't get me SOTW lol

Gives me something to look forward to! I'll be gutted now if two weeks' losses don't get me SOTW lol
Well keep it going - think of it this way, even if you don't get your SOW, you are now closer to your target and that is pretty sweet... ;)

:553: Get well soon :553:

Seems like I've managed to gain weight, despite being bloody starved for 3 days in hospital. I went in Monday Night, and they never fed me until Thursday morning at 2am. I was "fasting". So Wednesday morning I hopped onto the hospital scales before my surgery, (and I know all scales differ slightly) and it looked like I had lost about 5-7lb. But when I got home, I weighed myself again on my own scales and it seemed that I had put the 5-7lb back on, plus another couple!!!! How can one person manage to put on that weight by not being allowed to eat? Do you think it's just water retention from all the fluid on the drips, or swelling from my surgery? I'm feeling really down about it now, I had been so, so good before hospital, and didn't exactly have a chance to nibble on naughty stuff while I was there. Any ideas?

It could be a number of things but as you know you haven't had excess calories I don't know why you're stressing! It's one week and a number on the scales.

I know, but I hate to think that I've gained weight that I totally didn't earn. If I'd been a little piggy while in hospital, eating treats, and snacking on crisps and such, I wouldn't worry, and I'd put it down to that and move on.

xMandyDx said:
I know, but I hate to think that I've gained weight that I totally didn't earn. If I'd been a little piggy while in hospital, eating treats, and snacking on crisps and such, I wouldn't worry, and I'd put it down to that and move on.

What you need to get your head round is that even if you had gained it wouldn't have been a fat gain! Your body needs to work really hard at fighting to get well, it'll store glycogen and water and anything else it might need for health, I think this is one time when we do need to accept that our body knows best. Oh and fasting isn't a good way to lose weight anyway as the body holds on to fat to maintain itself.

So concentrate on getting well and accept it might not look good on the scales but trust your body to know what's best.

I had mine out before Xmas and I was so hungry my boyfriend brought me some Ferrero rocher in and I ate the lot I didn't care, you just need to get better then you can get back on the diet I didn't really suffer I just ate well when I got home. As you need food for your body to heal so you need a good amount of calories. Then you can focus on sw

Many factors going on here.

1) different scales so no real idea if you had even lost those 7 pounds to start with

2) when you are poorly and fasting your body starts clinging on to water and everything so you can gain weight.

3) Surgery is invasive so the body goes into protection mode so when you do start eating again you will be super hungry and start holding on to everything

4) You can not get slimmer of the week if you miss the week before

I think your priority should be getting better and getting back to food optomising not stressing about the 7 pounds false weigh in

Take care of yourself

Teresa

wow you are being harsh on yourself....you are pumped full of air during surgery, you have been on a drip, you have swelling in your abdomen due to surgery, your body is needing rest and recovery and for it all to heal it needs proper nutrition and calories, including fat for essential tissue repair and wound healing! your body will be in shock mode and retain what it can as a protective mechanism for proper recovery. i dont think your SW is a priority right now, dont get secondary complications because of worrying about SW!! you will end up back in again

Get well soon and recover, you'll soon be back on the diet and in the swing of things.

Back