Well this has scuppered my SW plans.......

Izzygirl

...just found out last night I am 5 weeks pregnant!

I absolutely can't believe it. I have PCOS, and the reason I joined Slimming World a week ago was to lose some weight so my husband and I MIGHT have a chance at conceiving (doctors told us we only have a very slim chance).

When I went to my WI last night, I had only lost 1lb in my first week. I was really disappointed, but I thought maybe I'd lose more next week...

OMG!!!!!

Awwww congratulations!!

At least you can still follow the plan though, and you can still loose weight possibly, are you going to continue at it? x

Congratulations!!!

Oh massive congratulations!!! And yes, carry on following the plan whilst you're pregnant, you'll be surprised at how much weight you CAN lose while pregnant!!

That is such amazing news! Massive congratulations!

Pleeeease don't do as I did and decide to eat for sextuplets (I honestly only had one each time)
SW is the perfect plan to follow when you are pregnant!

Good luck with everything and enjoy it xxx

What fantastic news. I'm soo pleased for you

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies!

I have to say I'm still shell shocked - can't quite believe it. I was wondering whether I would be ok to stay with SW, but I was going to try to anyway because surely it has to be good for the baby?

I just really hope it will all be ok...don't know what to think first lol!

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies!

I have to say I'm still shell shocked - can't quite believe it. I was wondering whether I would be ok to stay with SW, but I was going to try to anyway because surely it has to be good for the baby?

I just really hope it will all be ok...don't know what to think first lol!
Yep, SW is midwife/pregnancy friendly!
I think if you go to group, you will need to get a letter from the midwife.
Good luck!

Congrats!

I'm trying to stick to it whilst pregnant because I know if I don't, I'll go back to eating whatever I like and falling in to the trap of "well if I'm going to put on weight anyway, it doesn't matter..."

It was hard to start with due to the sickness (just eat what you can to get through it and worry about healthy food once you start to feel better) but now it's reminding yourself that all you eat goes to make the baby's cells, and by looking after yourself now, it'll be easier to get back on plan after the baby arrives :)

What wonderful news, I am so pleased for you. I keep hearing about people with PCOS suddenly conceiving after so long not being able to! Its lovely news, my very best wishes for a happy & healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations, I can't remember where I read it, I think it was another post on here but I have read that someone has lost weight while pregnant. You could try looking at the pregnancy posts to help you still lose. Good luck.

Congratulations! Hope everything goes smoothly for you! :D

Back