Well................

IrishLaura

Silver Member
How is everyone doing??

I try to make other people feel better about themselves sometimes, it is because in the life that we lead in 2008, people dont appreciate what they have and I mean me and all.

So have you thought about what you are actually doing on LT??

All your life you have been taught to eat, from the moment that you were born you were taught to eat as it made you big and strong, and now after all these years you have stopped. Have you thought about how remarkable that makes you??

Have you thought about all the people who have started LT and stopped after the first day or two??

Have you thought about what you will do in order to be healthy and to feel better about yourselves??

People remark all the time, when they hear how long I have been on LT and how long I have gone without eating, and I shrug my shoulders as if to say, ah well.

Though when i sit and think about it, it will be 8 weeks on Monday, 8 weeks without eating, but its about more than the eating. Its 8 weeks of resisting temptation. It is 8 weeks of fighting to avoid giving in because of how healthy I want to be. It is 8 weeks of LT on the brain because I know that it is making my life much better. It is 8 weeks of me seeing that life does not have to be what you have been handed, you have got to fight for what you want and you have to make sure you get it.

You are all amazing, putting yourselves through one of the most unnatural things that you will probably have to do.

When I reach the end of the LT line, I wont just be a slimmer person, I will be a more confident, happy, satisfied person, and I feel darn lucky that I gave myself the chance to get there by starting LT.

If you feel like quiting, DONT, keep going, because in a few weeks you will reap the rewards, and what is a few weeks in the grand scheme of things??

When you are struggling just remember how strong you are as a person and how fantastic you are for getting as far as you have ! !

Sorry to ramble on, just had a few things on my mind ;)

aw bless love love love.

and yes yes yes, i have thought about it a lot, and it has also boosted my confidence too. this has to be harder than stopping smoking even!! (never smoked ciggies).

so I feel immensley proud.

In fact, 12 weeks for me now, and i was celebrating after just 6! lol.

I have struggled more lately though, so rather than quit, i am changing. once my bmi is healthy (3lbs) I am starting CD810 with a meal a day to lose the rest. I simply dont want to stop here short of my goal, and dont want to make it hard by being dogmatic with myself like LT was the only option ever, on it or off it.

I feel so happy that i can still acheive my dream, and that have great tools and a great bunch of people to help me along the way.

yaaaaaaayyyy for us all. we have acheived so much, and deserve to feel proud.

off to see mum now who will, as usual coo my progress and fluff me up just lovely!

I feel like crying now. yip..gonna slink off and have a cry.

aw bless love love love.

and yes yes yes, i have thought about it a lot, and it has also boosted my confidence too. this has to be harder than stopping smoking even!! (never smoked ciggies).

so I feel immensley proud.

In fact, 12 weeks for me now, and i was celebrating after just 6! lol.

I have struggled more lately though, so rather than quit, i am changing. once my bmi is healthy (3lbs) I am starting CD810 with a meal a day to lose the rest. I simply dont want to stop here short of my goal, and dont want to make it hard by being dogmatic with myself like LT was the only option ever, on it or off it.

I feel so happy that i can still acheive my dream, and that have great tools and a great bunch of people to help me along the way.

yaaaaaaayyyy for us all. we have acheived so much, and deserve to feel proud.

off to see mum now who will, as usual coo my progress and fluff me up just lovely!

Well I quit smoking on the 1st August and started LT on the 11th, and to honest you are right the LT is harder :giggle: I used tablets for the first 3 weeks of non smoking and nothing since, yeah I have had cravings, but to be honest, while being on LT is probably the best time to stop smoking, as that way I cant put on the extra weight that people say that you do !

Good luck honey x

Brilliant post Laura!

Well done on your fantastic weight loss and for giving up smoking.

Both are major achievements.:)

Love Mini xxx

Brilliant post Laura!

Well done on your fantastic weight loss and for giving up smoking.

Both are major achievements.:)

Love Mini xxx

Thank you Mini, you have done brilliant also, just had a long look at your signature, I cant believe you have been on LT so long !

Good Luck honey x x

Wonderful post!

You have done amazing Laura, Giving up Smoking and on Lipotrim :eek: That is fantastic...Not many people can stick to one never mind both of them :p :) ((Big Hugs)) XX

Truly babes, a briliant post- fills me with new vigour. Having a crappy day but looking forawrd to tomorrow and really attacking the fat!! Not quite ready to give up the cigs yet but I'll get there -one day! ;)

You've done so amazingly and give such good support and encouragement, you enjoy every single ounce of your success. ENJOY IT!!

awww lovely post hunni and very wise words too :)

Great post hun...well done for managing to doing both together...dont think i could manage that...LT is hard enough,never mind the ciggies too!!!..lol:)

I do still enjoy the occassional cigar though! but i only have one every couple of months, so think its ok. me hope so anyway!

although giving up alcohol was a biggie for me, my mum is borderline alcho (130+ units a week) my brother is heavy drinker (80+ pw) my grandad (mum side) was a 15 pint a night guy, and i reduced from 50 units to 20 before diet, to none at all on the diet.

the weird thing is - i dont even really miss it! except the brandy i used to have with cigar! (now black coffee!)

(ps - mum not only gave me a good fluff up, but also a lovely new blouse!)

yaaaaaayy for mums!

what a nice post, well said Laura! x

Luara you are an inspiration, well done.

I have stopped for a couple of weeks and i am going to make another burst at loosing another two stone then. I will be back on the airways soon and looking forward to it!!!

Thank you all !! x x

Must've missed the start of this post somehow.
Got up extra early today to tint my hair before work! What a lovely post to read to start my day! :)
Laura, you're a real philosopher, everything you said is right. Bless you for your insight and thoughts.
You deserve to triumph on LT and find the new you! xxxx

How is everyone doing??

I try to make other people feel better about themselves sometimes, it is because in the life that we lead in 2008, people dont appreciate what they have and I mean me and all.

So have you thought about what you are actually doing on LT??

All your life you have been taught to eat, from the moment that you were born you were taught to eat as it made you big and strong, and now after all these years you have stopped. Have you thought about how remarkable that makes you??

Have you thought about all the people who have started LT and stopped after the first day or two??

Have you thought about what you will do in order to be healthy and to feel better about yourselves??

People remark all the time, when they hear how long I have been on LT and how long I have gone without eating, and I shrug my shoulders as if to say, ah well.

Though when i sit and think about it, it will be 8 weeks on Monday, 8 weeks without eating, but its about more than the eating. Its 8 weeks of resisting temptation. It is 8 weeks of fighting to avoid giving in because of how healthy I want to be. It is 8 weeks of LT on the brain because I know that it is making my life much better. It is 8 weeks of me seeing that life does not have to be what you have been handed, you have got to fight for what you want and you have to make sure you get it.

You are all amazing, putting yourselves through one of the most unnatural things that you will probably have to do.

When I reach the end of the LT line, I wont just be a slimmer person, I will be a more confident, happy, satisfied person, and I feel darn lucky that I gave myself the chance to get there by starting LT.

If you feel like quiting, DONT, keep going, because in a few weeks you will reap the rewards, and what is a few weeks in the grand scheme of things??

When you are struggling just remember how strong you are as a person and how fantastic you are for getting as far as you have ! !

Sorry to ramble on, just had a few things on my mind ;)
I second every word. I've been there worn the t-shirt. But I would like to add so that no one falls in to pifall I fell in to Make sure you have a plan after LT, I went on maintenace bars for a week thought I was grand but between Feb '07 and start of Oct'08 I gained back my 3 stone loss. Hence I've started agin but this with a plan to go to W.watchers when I'm done with L.T. Keep up the good work all It really is worth the feeling of accomplishment .:)

Back