WeMitt Meet Up - Birmingham March 24th 2007

I think the dress code is anything you want it to be!! (except maybe a "posh frock") Flares is a 70's place - I've got a white trouser suit somewhere.....maybe.......
Ann x

dress code is "understated" then is it :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LOLOLOL... hee hee hee... ;)

I think the dress code is anything you want it to be!! (except maybe a "posh frock") Flares is a 70's place - I've got a white trouser suit somewhere.....maybe.......
Ann x
LOL Ann...

Just kidding about the looking like the avatar thing (but am tempted).. lol

For anyone who really is wondering about dress code (as opposed to silliness - ;) )

Smart casual really - anything goes in Flares.. have a look on the gallery at the pics from last time and you'll get an idea of what we all wore.. my outfit then (and this time too) was jeans and a nice top. lol Some go in dresses.. most in trousers (I noticed).. and so.. really, whatever is comfy and makes you feel nice, wear it!

One thing I shall definitely be wearing is a BIG SMILE!! :D

Oh I Am Getting Very Excited About Meeting You All

As I Am Only On Week 3 Not Bringing Any Photo's

Not compulsory to bring photos Sharon.....

Whats This About A Name Badge ???

As there are so many of us people may wear a name badge - just a sticky label with your name on is fine..... won't take long till we all know who is who anyway.....

Can I Wear My Blue Sparkly Cat Suit And Wedge Like Abba In The 70's He He

Ah shucks, if you wear your's I can't wear mine.....;) If you want to wear a cat suit and wedges hun that's cool.... some people were dressing in school uniform and also wild west costumes last time (not our group I hasten to add....lol!) I will be wearing jeans (as usual;) ), high heels and a nice top - either one I've got and I manage to loose enough to get into it..... or I will be investing in a new one.....:D

Cant Wait

Are you staying over? Do you have a room booked? Looking forward to it myself......:D

Sharon

We will have a great time...... think it'll be even better than last time and that was cool.....:cool:

AKB
Cat (kitteh)

Cazmaz
Dizzy 'n' Mizzy
FatFairNForty(ish)
Irene (sharing with Cat)
Jellybelly
Jem
Jo-Ann (Sarah's friend)
Karen1972
Madam Dotty
MandyB2
Mich
nce1
Olijames
Pandora
Punkass
Sarah (Mich's sister)
Shaza
Summerskye
Westhills
Westiegirl

BigBlueFurryMonster
Cah-Ching
Cake n Eat It
Cavycrazy
Debbie Mc
French Fancy
Flirty40greeneyes and OH
Isis
Kati (nikki)
Rach
Russian Doll
Steph
Summerskye's client
Texas Girl
Marilyn
Mrs Tweedy

Those in BOLD are definites :D
It's on the Saturday. All meet in the foyer of Jurys Inn in Broad street at 3pm, chat, drink water (or whatever tickles your fancy), then those who are eating go and find a local food outlet and eat.. :eat: then all meet up again at 8pm in the foyer of Jurys Inn again and nip (literally) across the road to Flares and boogie the night away :clap: until the early hours :bliss:

It's going to be a great afternoon and evening :D How many days now Mich? ;)

It's going to be a great afternoon and evening :D How many days now Mich? ;)

Well according to my countdown it's 23 days, 1 hour and 20 minutes....LOLOLOL..... but then it's not the 1st till tomorrow - which would make it 23 days from tomorrow - so I'm confused.....:confused: (not difficult!)

It is 3 weeks on Saturday..... OK!!!!!

Lol

Sorry to be a pain, but to save me scrolling through the whole thread can someone remind me of the date......being lazy I know
ashamed0005.gif

Saturday 24 March 2007....... meeting at 3.00pm in the foyer/bar area of the Jury's Inn, Broad Street, Birmingham.....

Lots of people staying over at the Jury's (I'm a poor person staying at the Travel Lodge - also on Broad Street!!!).....

Evening to be spent in Flares (dead opposite the hotel).....

Hope this helps......

AKB
Cat (kitteh)
Cazmaz
Dizzy 'n' Mizzy
FatFairNForty(ish)
Irene (sharing with Cat)
Jellybelly
Jem
Jo-Ann (Sarah's friend)
Karen1972
Madam Dotty
MandyB2
Mich
nce1
Olijames
Pandora
Punkass
Sarah (Mich's sister)
Shaza
Summerskye
Westhills
Westiegirl

BigBlueFurryMonster
Cah-Ching
Cake n Eat It
Cavycrazy
Debbie Mc
French Fancy
Flirty40greeneyes and OH
Isis
Kati (nikki)
Rach
Russian Doll
Steph
Summerskye's client
Texas Girl
Marilyn
Mrs Tweedy
Demon (presumptious of me but kinda hoping ;) )

It's on the Saturday - 24th March 2007. All meet in the foyer of Jurys Inn in Broad Street, Birmingham at 3pm, chat, drink water (or whatever tickles your fancy), then those who are eating go and find a local food outlet and eat.. :eat: then all meet up again at 8pm in the foyer of Jurys Inn again and nip (literally) across the road to Flares and boogie the night away :clap: until the early hours :bliss:

AKB
Cah-Ching
Cat (kitteh)
Cazmaz
Dizzy 'n' Mizzy
FatFairNForty(ish)
Irene (sharing with Cat)
Jellybelly
Jem
Jo-Ann (Sarah's friend)
Karen1972
Madam Dotty
MandyB2
Mich
nce1
Olijames
Pandora
Punkass
Sarah (Mich's sister)
Shaza
Summerskye
Westhills
Westiegirl

BigBlueFurryMonster
Cake n Eat It
Cavycrazy
Debbie Mc
French Fancy
Flirty40greeneyes and OH
Isis
Kati (nikki)
Rach
Russian Doll
Steph
Summerskye's client
Texas Girl
Marilyn
Mrs Tweedy
Demon (presumptious of me but kinda hoping ;) )

It's on the Saturday - 24th March 2007. All meet in the foyer of Jurys Inn in Broad Street, Birmingham at 3pm, chat, drink water (or whatever tickles your fancy), then those who are eating go and find a local food outlet and eat.. :eat: then all meet up again at 8pm in the foyer of Jurys Inn again and nip (literally) across the road to Flares and boogie the night away :clap: until the early hours :bliss:

Shaza and I will be coming along together, really looking forward to it. Does anyone know of a pub we could go to before Flares where we could talk? I know the one we went to in June, the music was so loud, talking wasn't possible, and I just love to chat to WeMitts at these meets. Can any Brummies out there advise please????
Ann x

Shaza and I will be coming along together, really looking forward to it. Does anyone know of a pub we could go to before Flares where we could talk? I know the one we went to in June, the music was so loud, talking wasn't possible, and I just love to chat to WeMitts at these meets. Can any Brummies out there advise please????
Ann x

Hi Ann!

I was thinking some or all of us could go somewhere else first - I think you asked this question last time and I had a quick look and there is a 'Wetherspoons' pub on Broad Street - these pubs generally don't play music..... perhaps we could go there first... there are alot of pubs along Broad Street but not sure who do and don't play music - have to say the majority probably do.... did find at Flares though once upstairs in the seating area although it was quite loud you could still hear each other.....

really looking forward to it - only 3 weeks to go....:D

HI,

The pub is further up Broad St (in the direction of Five Ways). I can't remember the name of the pub, but it isn't at all far.

HTHs

Ann x

That's a good idea, I'm still not sure if I'll be going on to Flares or not, but it would be great to spend some more time with everyone before coming home.

Really looking forward to it :D

I found it a struggle to get ready in the time between the afternoon meet up and chin wag and the evening as it was, lol... so wouldn't be able to get ready any earlier if going to a pub between the afternoon chatting and the club.... lol.. if it's any help, there is a bar in the hotel where we are all meeting up in the afternoon and very comfy seating and it's nice and quiet for chatting... so maybe that might be another alternative to hiking it off up Broad Street.. I'll go with the flow but as I'll be SSing, personally I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant style pub prior to Flares.

Why don't we just see how things pan out on the day....? There is no hard and fast rule that say's we all have to stay together..... like last time those who wanted to eat.... ate.... those who were SSing went to their rooms etc.....

If some want to go to an alternative pub before Flares or have drinks in the hotel bar before Flares I'm sure that's fine as we all will meet up later at Flares during the evening anyway.....:)

Mandy and I aren't staying at the Jury's so we'll probably wander off and get some dinner and meet people later on or people can come for dinner with us...... :)

Really for me it'll be a case of going with the flow on the day although I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more pubs in Birmingham this time....LOL:eek:

Sure we'll find/do something that'll suit everyone....:D

Back