WeMitt stabilisation and maintenance

Anybody got any recipes for bulgar wheat or Quinoa - both feature largely in GI book.
Ann x

Hi guys - not even close to where ur at yet...but I will get there !!

Have you seen Roch's post which has a link to a really FAB GI /GL site ??!!

Low carb cookbook free Atkins GI Greek Doctor's diet recipes

Just thought it might be of use to you all....

Well done on your amazing achievements....and good luck with the maintenance / stabilisation :D

Hi Ann,

I boil Quinoa in reduced salt bouillon for about 10mins until the grain has separated and have it with salmon that I have marinated in a paste of honey and crunchy mustard. This is a Patrick Holford recipe from his Optimum Nutrition book.
Find Out More About...

I've not had it since starting CD but am looking forward to doing so again when I'm at that particular point in Maint program. I really like Quinoa but it can be very bland when cooked without flavourings. It makes great veg. burgers too.

I am still feeling rather wobbly about the whole maint. thing and finding SS a rather appealing idea still - how contrary am I? All the while I was on SS I wanted to eat and now I can and am supposed to I'm clutching at the saftey net of SS. Am on holiday in Majorca from Sunday and for the first time in a year am actually considering taking packs with me - when have eaten what I liked on other holidays!!

Ho hum, I'll see how I feel next week - probably like a heffalump as I trough my way thru every Spanish delicacy known to man. Somehow I feel Majorca is going to experience it's first ever bread shortage!

Love,
A
xxxx:D

Oooo can i join this thread please??

I got to goal on 1 May but as of today i'm 11 pounds up (it has been as bad as 16 pounds up though!!).

Got halfway through my LL management course before the food demons got me - i did complete the course but with many naughty days in the middle!!

For the last couple of months i've been bingeing every week - just had my first bingefree weekend though and please god may they all be like that in future!!!!!

So, today i am 10stone 8lbs and i want to be 9st 11lbs again.

I decided some weeks ago that i can't deal with food so decided to go back on LL packs so my day is :

Breakfast : LL Choc shake
Lunch : LL Thai Chilli Soup and activia yoghurt
Snack : LL Bar (nut or toffee)
Dinner : Meat with vegetables, activia yoghurt and apple
B4 bed : Cadbury's highlights drink

I will continue this until i get back to goal, am seriously considering the GI diet although i know nothing about it so will invest in some books!! I think i might have to stick with LL pax forever though cos i need that element of control. I'm happy with it though, makes me feel gooooood! And i really like them!

Luv,

I LOVE my cambridge packs in my coffee, but if I have one a day, it's going to be over £10 per week -a lot more expensive than coffee mate!!!!
I'm trying to stick to the Cambridge 1,000 cal plan at the moment, which is 2 packs + various other things.
AKB - I'm assuming that quinoa & bulgar wheat are the same as rice, for Cambridge maintenance purposes. Will check with CDC this evening.
This has the potential to be such a useful thread, keep posting everyone, with recipes, thoughts, opinions etc.
Ann x

26/9/06
1 x toffee & walnut pack in 4 cups coffee
half and orange bar
half a strawberry pack made into dessert
1 apple
1 peach
4 dried apricots
chicken breast with ginger & mushrooms
stir fry of beansprouts, shredded cabbage, onions & green pepper, with ground cumin seeds & cardamon seeds
40g (dry weight) bulgar wheat
1 x natural low fat yoghurt
Ann

Last edited:
Can I put my menus in too? Not really stabilisation but it is maintenance for me...

B: Peach & apricot Special K + s. s. milk
L: Linda McCartney shepherd's pie, 100g grapes, sugar-free jelly, mini aero
D: Mushroom dopiaza, 1 slice of bread & butter
S: WW bakewell tart

1092 cals, 1.8 f & v.

Low on fruit & veg for me but have had tonnes lately & have more than 6 portions planned for today. ( I had 9 on Friday & 6 or so every day since apart from today).

Today's will be:

B: 1 weetabix + 50g raspberries + milk, 100g honeydew melon
L: low cal tuna sandwich, grapes, aero, low-sugar jelly
D: home-made vegetable fajitas with onion, mushroom, peppers, tomato, low-fat cheese, low fat plain yoghurt & salsa

Oh dear - Went over 386 cals to 1486 as I had chocolate tiffin after my fajitas! Whoops!

Final cals 1486, 7.1 portions f & veg.

Last edited:
Edited 27th's to make it accurate.

28th Sept menu:

B: Hero Fruit 2 a day drink
L: Salad with low fat mayo & quorn ham, grapes, 1 french fancy cake
D: Frozen Indian takeaway leftover
(ate out Saturday night to celebrate course mark & brought doggy bag home!)
(550 cals - weighed & measured using average calories of Indian dishes i.e. Sainsburys/Tesco's Indian ranges)
raspberries with low cal jelly, Cadburys fudge

Cal count: 30 over, 1130, 7.5 f & v portions.

1 cambridge butterscotch pack in 4 cups coffee
half a malted toffee bar
half a banana pack made into dessert with psyllium husk
natural yoghurt
4 dried apricots
1 peach
2 x burgers made with quorn mince and an egg
stir fry red/green cabbage-peppers-onions
1 apple
3 litres water
20 mins @ 3.7mph on treadmill
Ann x

God that's healthy! I could never eat just 4 dried apricots. Seem to have reached a balance with mine where I'm allowed naughty stuff so long as I balance it with very good stuff!;):)

Anja

I have the dried apricots with yoghurt & one of the desserts I make from the Cambridge packs with psyllium husks - not on their own. I could eat a whole packet of them!
Well, so much for maintenance - I have lost another 5lbs this week and got a telling off from CDC. Well, I've written here what I've had, so I haven't been having less than I should. Got to do 1200 cals next week. (In Spain it will be 1200 cals +_ wine!!
Ann x

HI Ann,

Found it at last,all sounds really yummy.
I am really fed up this morning as i weighed and now weigh 11,11!!!! I really want to be at least 11st and my uniform for college is now feeling snug!!!

I really, really dont want to go back to SSing as I know that I will never get to grips with food if I yo, yo back and forward all the time, but equally I dont want to keep going up.
I havent been binging ( never really has that problem, thank goodness!!) , I thought I was making good chioces and doing ok food wise, i have really cut down on my picking and yesterday, went out to eat and had really healthy salad buffet thing for lunch and in the evening the others had a chinese takeaway and altough I had a few Sweet and sour prawns with the the batter off, I didnt have any of it and sat with my bowl of salad!!
So today am feeling really msierable and not sure what to do!!! Any suggestions most welcome.

I'll tell you what I think you should do - stop weighing yourself at home. Just get someone else to do it, and then no more than once a week. I promise you that the highs and lows induced by frequent home-weighing just aren't worth it. Just keep doing what you know to be right (as you are doing) and it WILL happen.
Having said that, it is going to be 4 weeks between my "official" weigh ins with CDC, so I'm going to have to weigh myself in Spain or I could have put a stone or more on in that time. "Turning a blind eye" has always been my undoing in the past - well NOT THIS TIME!!!!!
I think I shall weigh myself when I get there as the scales may be different, and take that as the weight I want to stay around whilst I am there, then I'll weigh each week, on the same day. I am still very scared of "being in charge" and part of me still misses the security of SS, but, so far, so good, and its over 7 weeks now since I started "eating" - and I've lost another 18 lbs in that time. I don't want to lose hardly any more though, so have to do things differently. I'm going to have a glass (or two) of wine of an evening, I know that much!!!
Ann xxxx

Back