WeMITT - this is where I belong it seems!

Fiftyx50

Oh! It has taken me weeks to find this particular section of MiniMins!

I need to be HERE!

Hello!

I am on Day 2 of CWP for the 1st time.

My immediate goals are to last these early days.....then to head for the first 5% which is 15lbs.

This is bit of a last chance saloon for me, so for that reason I am going at it full bore......I need to set myself some bigger goals. While I understand it is important not to be over ambitious, if I don't have some BIG goals I might just get lost.

How did others here decide their goals?

50 x

I set myself my overall goal based at the top end of what was healthy BMI wise (around the 25 mark). I know I will never be slim but if I am healthy weight wise it will be something. Also I want to have children some day and although I have been pregnant before you never know if you might need help and on the NHS here if you have a BMI over 30 they wont even refer you.
Obviously vainity comes into it but decided my goals was based on those 2 factors. I have some real physical health problems as after I started my diet my cancer came back and had gone somewhere else. I plan to beat it but I owe it to myself to be as healthy as I can in other ways too. My BMI was nearly 51 when I started and its under 28 now. I know this will help my health overall.
I know BMI is not the best indicator but I am using it just as that an indicator not the be all and end all. More as a guide as what will be healthy for me. So this is how I decided mine.

This section of minimims has really helped me with my progress. So welcome to this section and I know you will do it!

hi fifty

i just set myself little ones a stone at a time if i set them bigger i would never get there
but we are all different good luck on your weight loss journey

Someone once said to me I can't lose 100lbs but I can lose 5lb 20 times.
Sometimes when are final goals are so big, it is daunting. I personally target for 1 stone at a time xx

Sometimes when are final goals are so big, it is daunting. I personally target for 1 stone at a time xx
totally agree i love it when i hit it i mean at the moment i heading to 20st im excited to get there ok its a big weight but i think so wot im doing it slowly not fast and learning my body to make changes for the rest of my life xx

I agree with both you ladies the mini goals help me best. When I started I failed because I kept saying it is too much and can never be done. And yes I still have some lbs to go but the majority has come off through thinking about it as mini goals.

Hi xMariex:

Hello & nice to meet you!

News of your amazing success is tempered by the fact you have also had to contend with cancer. You have my greatest admiration....I look forward to learning more of your story! Illness has often been (for me) the very thing that has led me to thinking "argh! Might as well keep eating everything in sight!"

I get what you mean too about BMI. The BMI for the lower end of the 'healthy range' is waaaay too low for me. I lived my early adult life above that and was what people considered skinny. Any lower & I would appear underweight....not that I expect to be down there again, just using it as an example of their being more factors.

At the moment my goals are: CWP a day at a time. When I get to a couple of weeks it will beccome a week at a time.

After that I am hoping to do 5% at a time, as for me that is about a stone or 6kg - so that works well.

But beyond that I have not been sure what my first BIG goal is, but you have helped clarify things for me:

I am going to aim (long term) towards the BMI marker where 'obese' becomes 'overweight' for me - which is a BMI of 30. There of course will be many many smaller goals on the way to there.

Speak to you again!

50 x

I set myself my overall goal based at the top end of what was healthy BMI wise (around the 25 mark). I know I will never be slim but if I am healthy weight wise it will be something. Also I want to have children some day and although I have been pregnant before you never know if you might need help and on the NHS here if you have a BMI over 30 they wont even refer you.
Obviously vainity comes into it but decided my goals was based on those 2 factors. I have some real physical health problems as after I started my diet my cancer came back and had gone somewhere else. I plan to beat it but I owe it to myself to be as healthy as I can in other ways too. My BMI was nearly 51 when I started and its under 28 now. I know this will help my health overall.
I know BMI is not the best indicator but I am using it just as that an indicator not the be all and end all. More as a guide as what will be healthy for me. So this is how I decided mine.

This section of minimims has really helped me with my progress. So welcome to this section and I know you will do it!

Hi Chezz:

Oh yes...I understand it is about small goals, hence my 'Survive Day 1', 'Survive Day 2' etc plan.

But I do also need an overall goal - with as many mini-goals as possible along the way. That's the way it is or me...I HAVE to have a direction (other than downwards on the scales) to go, or I will feel directionless!

50 x

hi fifty

i just set myself little ones a stone at a time if i set them bigger i would never get there
but we are all different good luck on your weight loss journey

As I said, I am going for 'one day at a time', then maybe 5% at a time. From there I need a general direction to aim for though...not suggesting having one HUGE goal from the outset at all!

50 x

Hi xMariex:

Hello & nice to meet you!

News of your amazing success is tempered by the fact you have also had to contend with cancer. You have my greatest admiration....I look forward to learning more of your story! Illness has often been (for me) the very thing that has led me to thinking "argh! Might as well keep eating everything in sight!"

I get what you mean too about BMI. The BMI for the lower end of the 'healthy range' is waaaay too low for me. I lived my early adult life above that and was what people considered skinny. Any lower & I would appear underweight....not that I expect to be down there again, just using it as an example of their being more factors.

At the moment my goals are: CWP a day at a time. When I get to a couple of weeks it will beccome a week at a time.

After that I am hoping to do 5% at a time, as for me that is about a stone or 6kg - so that works well.

But beyond that I have not been sure what my first BIG goal is, but you have helped clarify things for me:

I am going to aim (long term) towards the BMI marker where 'obese' becomes 'overweight' for me - which is a BMI of 30. There of course will be many many smaller goals on the way to there.

Speak to you again!

50 x
thats what i would love fifty my bmi 30 im going slowly but thats one of my biggest aims thats why i like to do my walking dvd everyday i want to get it down i hate it in the 50s but its better than it was 62s it was not till i had a photo took how much weight i had put on even though i was finding daily things hard then it took me another month to get in to gear i feel now im in the right place in m mind and body to do it good luck on your journey xxx

Hey Chezz:

Wow...you have already brought your BMI down over 10 points! That is a brilliant effort! PLUS you have done 41 days straight of the belly blasting walk!

In my eyes you have this race won already!

I look forward to learning more about your efforts!

50 x
thats what i would love fifty my bmi 30 im going slowly but thats one of my biggest aims thats why i like to do my walking dvd everyday i want to get it down i hate it in the 50s but its better than it was 62s it was not till i had a photo took how much weight i had put on even though i was finding daily things hard then it took me another month to get in to gear i feel now im in the right place in m mind and body to do it good luck on your journey xxx

Welcome, Fifty! This is a great place for support. I started out with a lot to lose, but still come onto the WEMITTS section even as I near the end of my weight loss (then it'll be maintenance, the much harder part, lol), because it's a friendly place. I wish you all the very best. :) xx

Hey Chezz:

Wow...you have already brought your BMI down over 10 points! That is a brilliant effort! PLUS you have done 41 days straight of the belly blasting walk!

In my eyes you have this race won already!

I look forward to learning more about your efforts!

50 x
aww thankyou fifty that is so kind of you xx

Back