Went for a run last night

KazzW

I am determined to get this right now. I haven't been running for 6 weeks and I went last night and it near on killed me. I am sure that some people thought I was going backwards.

Any more runners out there?

Love K xxx

Hi, I try and run a couple of times a week. I think it def helps with the weight loss, can be addictive though. X

Hello!

I am..well I was a long distance runner for years!

I had an injury last year that put me out for 12 months - and more recently a kidney infection which put me out for another month!

I am going to start running properly again next week - as I can hardly do 3 miles without dying!

Dont know if you fancy joining me but im trying to run 3 times a week and do some major walks with my dog inbetween running.

Im going to start doing 10 miles a week and gradually bring it up - dont feel bad if you cant run that far anymore..bearing in mind I used to run 10 miles every run and now can just make a little over 2.

Its all about practice and enjoyment! Focus on how much it makes the weight fall off rather than worrying about distance/endurance etc Unless your an athelete its not something you should concern yourself with!

Best of luck!

that sounds interesting.
i am just in a running club but i have a couple of weeks left then i am out on my own. would like to join you when i finish if thats okay.

I did a 10K but for lots of reasons haven't run as often and in the last 6 weeks virtually nothing. I only managed 1.7 miles last night. I know what you mean about addictive - once you get in to it.

Good Luck runners x

Loads of runners in the teams folders - for those starting out there's the couch to 5K folder, then there's those of us that are aiming for a target of running 100 miles (not all in one go mind!) on the "I shall run 100 miles thread" It's not a race (although I am winning ;)) - but you are more than welcome to join us

mandy296 thank you - will go and have a look at that. Can I add in the list of miles that I have already run - I have a list;) it may mean I'm in the lead ha ha x:D

I run using a app on my Iphone called micoach its fab and tracks my running and tells me when to go faster etc.

But if you don't have an iphone or don't want to run with it, you can track your miles on mapmyrun.com on the computer. Very easy to use. Click where you start and then click all the away around to where you finish and it tells you.

Good Luck
Love Karen x

Another runner here.

I started in January after signing up for the Great Manchester Run 10k having never run in my life. I now run over 20 miles a week and my first race is on Sunday

I am utterly hooked. I just love it- it is so liberating to discover what your body can do and just get out there in all weathers.

I started by running 30seconds walking 3 minutes and repeating that for half an hour. I very gradually increased the running and decreased the walking and I can now run 12 miles straight without stopping, have signed up for a half marathon in October and entered the ballot for the London marathon next year- all this from a girl who HATED games at school and used to weigh 19 stone!!!

I promise, if I can do it, anyone can. I have maintained my target weight now for 6 months and know that running is a huge part of that

Get out there, guys. It is utterly amazing xxxx

I like running but i dont love it yet.
I loved cross country when i was at school, just as Cocktail Princess says.
I am hoping when i have finished my running club i can find my passion.

Another runner here.

I started in January after signing up for the Great Manchester Run 10k having never run in my life. I now run over 20 miles a week and my first race is on Sunday

I am utterly hooked. I just love it- it is so liberating to discover what your body can do and just get out there in all weathers.

I started by running 30seconds walking 3 minutes and repeating that for half an hour. I very gradually increased the running and decreased the walking and I can now run 12 miles straight without stopping, have signed up for a half marathon in October and entered the ballot for the London marathon next year- all this from a girl who HATED games at school and used to weigh 19 stone!!!

I promise, if I can do it, anyone can. I have maintained my target weight now for 6 months and know that running is a huge part of that

Get out there, guys. It is utterly amazing xxxx

WOW - just WOW

I don't know what else to say really, what an inspiration you are. You were only 15lbs lighter than me at the start, I can't imagine running 30 seconds never mind start - stopping for half an hour.

Maybe I just have to give it a go and see

I like running but i dont love it yet.
QUOTE]

I agree! I enjoy going on a run, but sometimes still have to force myself to go lol

I started running last feb for the race for life 5km, then ran a 10km race too unexpectedly! Signed up to the 10km this year, but didn't run all winter, so been on a few last month, next one is Friday!

I only like running with someone else there (for safety reasons) so it's been awkward as friends have gone off to uni and come back at different times, but now my friend is back for good, she has no choice lol

other than my running group on Monday evening, i run with my dog. The running group organise for another run during the week in the evening but i am more of a morning runner, so do the homework by myself, like Billie no mates.

I don't measure miles but I run for time. The distance I cover in 30 minutes gets further and I find it fantastic. I have renewed motivation for running - especially while the sun is shining!

I'm a runner too and run around 30 miles a week now, I did 13 this morning lol! and believe me, when i was younger I hated cross country at school was never sporty and when I started running a few years ago I couldn't run for more than a few metres without stopping.

Cocktail princess is so right, ANYONE can do it, you just have to start off very slow and build up gradually, don't try to do too much too soon or you will just end up hating it and demotivated. Over time, you will naturally improve and be able to run comfortably, honestly!!!

I love going for a run now, there is nothing like headin out away from kids, hubby, tv life in general, just having that time to yourself and seeing deer running in front of you and the wonders of nature, it's great!

But yes even now I can easily find every reason not to go and have to force myself out the door sometimes, but once I'm out there I am so glad I did.

I have lost 2st in 7 weeks and know that this is because I am running as well as following the plan, there is no way I would have lost this much just dieting alone in this space of time. (I am 5 ft 10 and now 11st 13lbs) and am losing on average 3lbs a week I would say.

Love running, it's my #1 hobby.
And I love May, my main racing season. 3x5k races 2x 10k races and a half marathon in May.

Aiming for a marathon in 2012, be it London or Edinburgh.

I don't measure miles but I run for time. The distance I cover in 30 minutes gets further and I find it fantastic. I have renewed motivation for running - especially while the sun is shining!

That's what i do, run by minutes. My total running time this morning was 32mins. run 8 mins and walk 1 min x 4. The back of my knee was sore but nothing "pinged". my shin split hurts also. Old age is caught me up :sigh:

Back