Westiegirl: Restarted Day 1 Under my Belt!

Westie, Westie, Westie - do I have to send the boyz round to get you back on here??? lol

(Think you might quite like that heheheheheh)

Thinking of you, darling xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Folks

I'm back!!!! Although I wouldn't mind you sending the boyz rounds Isobel!!!!!

Sorry I've been away for so long but I've been trying to get some order into this messy old place called "my flat".

So far I have a lounge and a bedroom which just need a bit more furniture in them. Most of our things have been put into storage so I'll get them eventually! I have half a bathroom (sink and toilet but no shower) and no kitchen. In the room that is going to be my kitchen I have a table and a blender which is good enough when SSing!

So, let's go back 2 weeks. The wedding was absolutely fine. I know I got myself worked up beforehand for no reason, but I really didn't know how I would be on the day. The day was lovely. Had my hair done at the hairdressers whilst drinking buzzs fizz, which was a treat. Back at the bride's house we got changed and did our makeup before setting off for the wedding at 1pm. My fellow bridesmaid was absolutely fantastic. She knew the stress on me and took time to make sure I was OK. What a star! My ex was the official photographer and he did look fine in his suit and it did make my heart flip to see him again - very weird. His new girlfriend looked OK, but she was very pale. I'm glad I got myself a fake tan the day before!! I got loads of compliments from people and I was on top of the world! It was really lovely to see the ex's family again and they were so glad to see me too. I know that I will always have a place with them. I think in lots of ways when I first saw my ex I remembered all the good times we had and not the reasons we broke up. I reminded myself and I was quite surprised to realise that I actually missed the family more than I missed him. I guess that says a lot doesn't it!

Anyway, as I said the day went well and I was proud and honoured to be a part of it. I do have some photos and a small selection are on the following link:

Public Album

Even if I do say so myself I think I look pretty good!

The following day I went on my holiday to Menorca and it was lovely and relaxing. Spent a week just chilling out. Ate and drank loads though - my "off mechanism" seemed to be broken and I actually felt quite stressed and out of control around food. Couldn't stop eating chocolate and felt like a failure, but half way through the holiday I started my period (bl**dy typical - 6 weeks late) and realised I was suffering mega PMS. The rest of the holiday I ate normally (well, as normal as holidays allow ;)) and now I know that I must be careful at TOTM in future. However, due to my chocolate feasts before the wedding and eating freely on holiday I did put on a bit of weight. The last few days of the hols I felt quite bloated and was looking forward to coming home.

Came home last Tuesday and started SSing again last Wednesday. So far I'm doing well. This is day 8 and no food has passed my lips. I admit that on the first few days I did have some extra packs but I've been OK since and I'm definately in ketosis. I'm really quite shocked about how much the stress of all that was going on had caused me to binge. I don't know why I'm surprised but I guess it was just too much for me to cope with. I'm amazed that I have been able to SS sucessfully - what a turn around. I can't say that I'm finding it "easy", it's not an easy thing to do, but I'm coping. I know I'm a strong person but I guess I know my limit was reached over the last couple of months. I feel a bit disappointed that I didn't reach and stay at my goal, but I'm learning that I can't be too hard on myself and that I was under exceptional stress and circumstances made things hard. I still have challenges to face now with my new life but I know I can deal with them.

I have also started to look for a job. I registered with a recruitment agency yesterday and they are very positive that they will find something suitable for me. They were impressed with my CV and said it was pleasure to have me on their books. They said I should be snapped up! Fingers crossed!

Well that's me pretty much up to date with my news. I guess I've got of catching up to do on here. Hope that everyone is OK, and I'm glad to be a bit more settled so that I can keep up with Minimins (which I've missed loads).

Darling - you looked fabulous in your frock!!!!!!!!! Just gorgeous!!!!!

I'm so pleased that the wedding went well!

And that you had a great holiday - things are looking up for you, babes!!!!

lots of love

Hi Sarah,

You look fab and the dresses are lovely....everyone looks so happy and what a lovley sunny day.

Nice to see you back posting:)

Good luck with the new job, fingers crossed for you.

Love Mini xxx

Hey stranger!

Yes indeedy you look fan dabby dozy in your dress - and soooo tiny!!!

Glad the wedding and holiday went well and wow look at you - 8 days os SSing - bloody marvellous!!!

I'm back on SS'ing but i keep falling off all the time, never give up though!!!!

Lovely to have you back, you really have been missed!!!

Lots of luv n hugs,

Thanks folks for your lovely comments, the day was a complete sucess!

I'm so glad to be back - felt like I've been the littlest hobo recently. Feel like I can finally settle down.

At the moment my brother and his mate are working on my bathroom so they can install the shower. I've been using my brother's shower and I think I spurred him into action by telling him that on his days off (he works shifts) that I'll have to turf him out of bed to get a shower (his bathroom is ensuite). Seems to have worked!

The recruitment agency called yesterday and have put my name forward for a few positions, so we'll see if anything comes about. I also have an interview at M&S this afternoon. Not sure the shift work is for me but I'm going to go and keep an open mind! Besides a 20% staff discount is an incentive!!

Just about to trawl the net for other positions locally.

Catch you all later!

Hi sarah,

so gald all went well for you at the wedding and you had a good holiday.
The photos are great and you look fantastic, you should be so proud, get one up as your avatar!!
well done for SSing for 8 days thats great and obviously you now know that all that stress you had pre wedding was the cause of your difficulties re SSing and nothing to do with you "not" being able to stick to it!!! So delete from Head all negative thoughts about that!!
Glad to have you home.

Had a busy few days and I'm glad to say that I am now gainfully employed!

Had an assessment for a temporary position in M&S which I passed and was offered a job.

Also had a few interviews lined up through the agency for office jobs but decided that I would take the M&S job.

The money is a lot less than an office position but I feel I want a complete change. When I was running the cafe I really enjoyed the customer interaction so I've decided to focus on that. A lot of the local jobs I was being put forward for are small family businesses and that's the kind of place I've worked for recently and usually the office politics just stink, and I don't need that kind of crap!

So I start on 16th November until 30th December, working 30 hours a week in the food department. The job is an early start though - 7 till 3pm (gosh, how will I manage!). All the good shifts in the good departments have already gone though. Hopefully by the time the New Year comes there will be a permanent position and if not, I'll just look somewhere else.

I'm also really pleased that I'm still SSing. Had a small "blip" yesterday in that I had about 8 packs, but I still haven't had any food. Hey, I'm over that now and today is a new day and I'm doing OK! It still amazes me the level of stress I must of been under not to be able to cope recently. But that's the past and I'm looking forward to the future!

Congratulations on the ss you are doing great. And good luck with the new job. My cousin worked for M & S and said they were good to work for. And your photos are lovely
Irene xx

Hi sweetie

Glad to see you're a lot more settled now - and well done on the M&S job too. More dosh to spend for Xmas and at the VFBC in January eh? :)

Well done on getting back to SS'ing too - you'll still be a slinky malinky next time I see you :D .

Love the wedding pics too - you looked stunning darling!!!

Much love

Hi Hun.. just catching up with your thread.. wow.. you're going great guns!!!!!Go Sarah!!!!:D Well done on the new job too, that's brilliant:)

You looked absolutely stunning in the pics.. the dress was wonderful on you:D:)... I'm so glad you had a great time and that you enjoyed your hols afterwards:)

Hope we can still get together for some retail therapy sometime before Xmas.. It would be good to catch up:D

Much love as always xxxxxxxxx:):D:)

Thanks Irene, Sharon and Mandy!

Sorry it's been another few days but I have been a busy bee!

Good news is that I now have a working shower! Hurray, I can now wash! Anyone who clicks on just this reply will think I'm a dirty so-and-so, but seriously, I have been washing! :D I've just had to share my brother's ensuite bathroom and have had to wait for him to get out of bed!

SSing has been going really well this week. It's funny how "easy" I'm finding it now the stress has been reduced. It is TOTM and I am getting quite bad cravings early evening (which was always my danger time) but I have so far resisted. I have also kept to my 4 packs limit. It's quite different this time because the temptation of food is always in the house. My brother made a lovely lasagne with chips last night - which is my favourite meal ever! So that was quite hard, but I'm really keeping my eyes on the prize this time.

And as further motivation here are my latest set of weight loss figures from SSing Part Two!

Wk 1: 11 stone 13.8lbs
Wk 2: 10 stone 13.4lbs Lost 1stone 0.4lbs

I will keep updating these on this, part 2, of my journey because when I started on maintenance and had my little SSing "holiday" I stopped weighing myself properly. Don't get me wrong, I did get on the scales every day but I really didn't pay attention to the numbers properly. Too much on my mind but now I'm ready to finish what I started!

Had a very busy day yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post. But to be honest the day was filled with highs and lows.

Firstly the good bit. As I mentioned in my last post my shower was installed this week so yesterday I decorated the bathroom. Firstly I had to sand down the window and touch up the ceiling paint before I could paint the walls. I went for jade white. It's white with a hint of green. Even if I do say so myself I think it looks great! The bathroom isn't finished yet though. There is still a bit to do on the construction side involving plastering, tiling and fitting skirting boards but that's one for the boys. Don't get me wrong I could probably do these things myself if I was given the right instruction but I must admit I would be a bit slapdash. Therefore I will wait and have them done properly by my dad or brother. Not sure when that will be though because my Mum's kitchen has been delivered and now the priority has shifted to build and fit her kitchen. Bless her, my poor mum is feeling a bit low because she doesn't have a single room that is completed yet. She has no kitchen, only half a bathroom, shares a lounge with my brother and all her new bedroom furniture which should
have been delivered on Tuesday has been delayed. Poor mummy, I wish I could help her but it's all out of our control!

So that's the good part of the day - I felt like I really achieved something and I'm really proud of myself.

So the down side. Umm, buggerations - I ate food. After 15 full days of SSing I caved and "binged". I use the term binge but in terms of my old binges it was nothing! But what I'm most upset about is the mindset I was in when I did it. I knew I was going to do it from quite early in the day when I ate all my 4 foodpacks before lunch. I had about another 4 packs before I moved onto the food about 6pm. So it wasn't a full day, full blown binge at all but I feel like I've let myself down.

OK, so it's done now. Today is a new day and all I can do is move on and not beat myself up about it. I want to learn from this and I have been trying to analyse my motives but tbh I can't actually work out what was going on. I have no stress at the moment. In fact I'm having it pretty good. I don't start work for another 2 weeks so I've got plently of time to relax. I'm definately in ketosis so it's not like I was hungry so what was going on?

So the suspects are tiredness and TOTM. Didn't sleep very well on Wednesday night. Think I had drunk too much coffee in the day. I'm also being much more active here than I would normally be in my day to day life. Previously I have spent 9 hours a day sat on my bum in an office now I'm walking everywhere, decorating, building flatpack furniture and tidying up a building site. Maybe that has contributed. After I ate my food yesterday I felt much more revived and had more energy. A whole day up a ladder with a roller, on top of feeling tired was probably just a step too far on my low calorie intake.

The other reason is TOTM. I am due next Wednesday and the hormones are raging!
The other reason could be that all this self analysis is just wrong and I'm a weak willed person who will never overcome my eating problems. But I don't want to think that is the case. I can't be that weak willed if I've done so much SSing. Afterall it's not the easiest way to lose weight. It's effective but takes willpower. So that's what I'm going with. I am strong like a bull and yesterday was just a blip. Today is day 17 and today I will go back to my foodpacks and move on.

Ooh, just remembered I only drank about 1.5 litres of water yesterday. I was probably dehydrated aswell. Today I will also make the effort to drink more water and less coffee!

Time to get up and get on with my day - I'm moving on!

hey sarah,
it was a blip, move on , you are doing really well, an inspiration to us all!!
well done for keeping going , as we all know after the forst go at SSing , each next time is harder so you are doing fantastically well, wish i could get back to it, Adult has desserted me at the moment!!!

Thanks Heidi. My adult had definately gone awol yesterday. She's slinking back in today.

I have had a really quiet day and done absolutely nothing. My Mum and Dad took my Nana to the hospital to be fitted for her hearing aid. Bless her, the poor love is 83 and is partially sighted and very deaf. She has the TV on so loud that no one else can sit in the room with her! My brother was out visiting a mate so I had to wait in for a parcel. Fair enough the parcel was for me so I wasn't too bothered. It didn't arrive until 3pm and I was beginning to get a bit anxious as it was from my counsellor, containing my next 4 weeks of foodpacks. I didn't have enough to get me through the weekend!

I did do some dishes, laundry and ironing but that was my limit. The rest of the day was spent on the sofa catching up with TV programmes I recorded whilst I was on holiday. Sky Plus is sooooo fab. I love it!

Foodpack wise, I must admit that I haven't stuck to my 4 packs. I have had 7 today. BUT no food at all. That's progress I suppose. I am also doing well on the water front. I have had my 4 litres and will probably finish somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 litres.

This evening I am still sitting on the sofa and I seem to have developed a sore throat. It feels quite tight and dry. I wonder whether I am coming down with something? Usually by this length of time on the sofa I've got ants in my pants and have to do something. I just can't be ahrsed!! Oh dear, that's not good, but it could be an indication as to why I ate yesterday. Umm, we'll see if anything develops! Back to the telebox!

I am sooooooo bored! Have had the dullest most boring day in the world!

I didn't sleep very well last night, very cold (no heating in my flat) and aching all over. Woke up still with a sore throat so it looks like I've got something. In fact I've felt rubbish all day. Just spent the day festering on the sofa. I couldn't go out anyway beause I had to wait in for my new wardrobe to be delivered. It didn't arrive until 4pm so I couldn't go anywhere anyway. It was good in that it forced me to relax whilst I was feeling crap (must admit that I'm not very good at doing nothing). By early evening I was feeling a little better and started to get ants in my pants. I feel such a billy no mates. It's Saturday night and my family are downstairs eating a lovely meal and I can't sit with them because looking at the lovely food is just too much at this TOTM. I have no pals here yet so I can't go out and meet anyone. It's also the bonfire firework display so I've had to spend an hour keeping 4 dogs calm. Oh great what a great happy interesting life I have eh?

Just ignore me, it is TOTM, I feel ill and I have stomchache too (usual reaction to getting used to foodpacks again). I'm just being a whinge and feeling sorry for myself. I have only just moved back and I have a job lined up where I will meet new people. I've also just been put on my brother's car insurance so I'm going to look into gym memberships locally and check out what's on at the cinema.

I'd forgotten how hard it is to meet new people, especially as you get older!

I have had 6 foodpacks today. I did promise to only have 4 but I decided an extra coffee was better than a chocolate bar! I was feeling really fed up with SSing earlier. I have about 17lbs to lose to get to where I want to be and I was really tempted to stop and go onto WW or something. But I thought to myself I really only have 4-5 weeks of this and I know this works and I can do it. I know it is down to TOTM aswell. Roll on next week and hopefully I shall start feeling better.

OK, moan over. Moving on!

Hiya babe:D

I know we don't catch up with one another very often but I've just been reading about your "crappyish" day and wanted to send you lots of love.

You have made the move and I'm sure EVERYTHING will fall into place very soon. Looking forward to seeing you again at January VFBC. You KNOW I always PMSL when you go into one and start dancing round the pillars in Buffalo Joe's:D

Keep the faith girl....xxx

ooh, sarah,
dont give up the SSing i need you as inspiration as i have a spell of it coming up before christmas, just waiting for Dom to get back from her ttravels and then I am probably going to have to SS for about 3 weeks to get back to where i was and then a few more lbs for good measure, still have the big issue that I never got there really and would really love to get to my magic 10.7, I want to go into christmas as a the new me who had a goal and did what she needed to do to acheive it!!! That would really make my christmas.

Shssssssh! Lacey, you'll embarrass me! There is actually a pole dancing company round here and I think they do fitness classes. That's if I can pluck up courage to go! Might have to have a chat with Sharon to see if she knows anything about them! Just imagine if I do that I'll be on the bar at Buffalo Joe's (not!).

Hi Heidi, don't worry. Had a good chat with myself and I'm still SSing. Before I left Edinburgh I had a chat with my LLC and she gave me a copy of one of the advanced management booklets. It's called One Stone Unplanned and is 1 month of SSing. The good thing is that the booklet has lots of commonsense things such as affirmations, achievements, chatterbox talkback and body image. I has a good read of it and did the exercises in it. I'm going to stick it up in the kitchen so when I'm tempted it will be looking at me and I will have to read it. Could you get hold of one of these? I think it would be worth it. If not as just a visual prompt to be "good".

You are right about the christmas goal. I want to be where I should have been in time for christmas. That's a positive statement and I like it - I too want to be someone who had a goal for christmas and achieved it. You and me both - we can do it!

Back