Wetherspoons jacket potato!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell us exactly where the potatoes come from as it's not what Wetherspoons do to them it's what is done to them before you get them.
And also are they ready cooked before you receive them?

I think everyone would like to know so this can be put to rest.

I dont honestly think it matters in the slightest where they come from. This daft story doesnt add up when you look at the Syn value as Sally says its the toppings and butter etc that make the high syn value.

As its been said so many times before you just couldnt actually eat a deep fried jacket spud.

I think with all the responses we've had from Wetherspoons etc that the matter really is well and truly laid to rest :)

Sorry to point out the obvious here, but if you just look on the sw app or online, it clearly says that ws baked bean jacket pots with no butter and with salad dressing are 1.5 syns. No need to go looking for nutritional values/writing to ws/frying potatoes to disprove it - the proof is in the sw database!

I had this today, and i asked for no butter and no dressing = free!

Mind you, it was pretty dry. There's no way there was an ounce of fat on it, it was so dry it was clogging up my throat....!! I had to lubricate it with diet coke! Lovely!!... Would rather have had a chip butty tbh!! :sigh:

I'm SURE my C said that the new 2012 directory lists WS jacket potatoes (plain no dressing etc) as free.

If someone has the new directory can they please look it up and post so that Starlight can sticky it and have a good night's deep-fried-potato-free sleep! x

The wetherspoons jacket potato without any butter or dressing is completely 100% free of syns for those on EE and green! (It's 15 syns if you're on red/original)...I know because I checked yesterday for when I went to Wetherspoons! :D

Hi again,

The jacket potatoes are oven baked by suppliers, that's all I know. But you can also get similar ones in Iceland which are pre-baked and then frozen. They're reheated in the microwave and tbh, they're lovely! Quite time-saving too :))

Paula

OMG I cant beleive they deep fry the jacket potatoes, we must tell more people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :8855:

Its us newcomers that get caught out by this and pass the shock on to friends. I read it and told my best friend who just looked at me with a total look of dismay at how gulible i was and ridiculous I sounded repeating it

xx

Kristina88 said:
OMG I cant beleive they deep fry the jacket potatoes, we must tell more people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :8855:

Its us newcomers that get caught out by this and pass the shock on to friends. I read it and told my best friend who just looked at me with a total look of dismay at how gulible i was and ridiculous I sounded repeating it

xx

They don't deep fry them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeckyT said:
They don't deep fry them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure she was being sarcastic!!! :/

Had a jacket potato at Wetherspoons a few weeks ago. I wish they had deep-fried it - it would have made it a bit less boring! But no, just a plain, not very well-cooked jacket potato, rather dry.

They dnt deep fry but they do inject preserviyives so that the potatoes will last longer. Watched a program about foods in various restarants. Says a jacket in 600 odd cals on menu. Do you not wonder why lol x

300g jacket potato - approx 300 calories, 200g beans - approx 200 calories, dressing - approx 100 calories. Without the dressing, jacket and beans is free.

Back