Wetherspoon's Jacket Potato

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by Qua Sae, 18 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Hi there.. I've been searching on the SW website & I can't find the syn value for a jacket potato with baked beans & salad (no cheese, no dressing). Surely it ought to be free?

Can anyone help? I am getting conflicting information from the internet :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Charbailey2003

Charbailey2003 New Member

I had a jacket potato at spud u like with beans (no dressing butter or cheese) and classed it as free! :D:D

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think from previous conversations the Wetherspoons ones are definitely synned but someone will be able to confirm how many but they're definitely not free

5. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Are they free elsewhere? I had one at a local café a few weeks ago & counted it as free. Is there something particular about Wetherspoon's that makes it synned? I hope not! Otherwise I might have to go with the 5 bean chilli, as others have recommended for 4.5 syns (depends how many syns the jacket potato is, I guess..) - Although I have seen a few people swap the tortilla chips for a jacket potato with the chilli, making the meal free, so the potato must be free?

I'm so confused! :S

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  7. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think it's cos they coat the jacket in butter to make it crispy? X

8. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

Does anyone know the actual syn value for a JP from Wetherspoon's? I've searched through the website & google & everyone has different answers. Tried working it out on the syns calculator but because I don't know the weight of the meal, I couldn't get an accurate syn amount.

I looked at the Gammon, which, with chips, peas, tomato & mushroom is 9.5 syns, change the chips to a JP (with butter) & it becomes 15.. Are those extra syns just down to the butter then? & how can that be such a small change in syns (5.5 syns) & yet the JP as a meal is apparently at least 15 syns with beans?

I am baffled.. & I'm afraid that no one really knows the answer. Have SW even released an actual syn amount for a JP with beans because I can't find it on the syns online?

9. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Have you tried a search on here? There is a book with them in but unfortunately I don't know? Sorry. Will have a look for you. X

10. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Found this

J D Wetherspoon Jacket Potatoes with Baked Beans & Dressed Salad per serving

12 Syns on Extra Easy Original 36 Syns Green 12 Syns

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds about right x

12. no.more.chinese

no.more.chinese Full Member

hi was just wondering does this mean all jacket potatoes and baked beans are that much??? extremely scared now..new member just last week!!!

13. Fatty_no_more

Diet:
    Slimming world
    No it's just jd.
    As I said previously they coat their jackets in butter!

14. no.more.chinese

no.more.chinese Full Member

aww thanks..was beginning to panic

15. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    that says dressed salad, so I presume the syns are for dressing and butter included on the jacket potato.

If you order one with out dressing and no butter, then I would image the syns will be alot less.

I looked at their nutritional information on their website and the calories etc works out pretty much the same as if you made it yourself at home, syn free.

But I assume slimming world have to add some syn value to it, just to cover themselves incase anything is different to making it yourself.

16. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I thought the added syns might be down to the dressing & butter.. But if I order without then it still won't be free?

What would they gain from coating them in butter/oil? Surely they're pre-baked elsewhere & then just reheated? (I wonder if that makes it lose some of the nutrients & so making it less worthwhile than a fresh JP).

OH & I are going to look into other places to eat at if we can't figure out how many syns it is.. I just don't understand why one from a café or JP vendor would be free but Wetherspoon's isn't. Lol.

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    They dont cook/coat or inject them in oil. Its a common myth about Wetherspoons

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. katweezleuk

katweezleuk New Member

My leader mentioned that wtherspoons foods is actaully fried to reheat so a potatoe could be anything up to 50 syns

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  21. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I'm not even sure how you would fry a potato! I'm sure they're fine to eat. I've had them before & they taste the same as any other jacket potato..

22. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Well I am jolly sure that if a jacket potato had been fried I would notice! The taste, texture and appearance would be quite different.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.