What a clear out!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by NetNet, 23 March 2008 Social URL.

1. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Just had a fab Saturday sorting out my clothes and getting rid of all the size 16 (already had sorted out the size 18's ages ago!)!

Going to keep the size 14 - just in case! If I hit size 14 that's when my alarm bell will go off to get back to the 12's!

Next to be sorted..........................shoes!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Tange

Tange Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Net
    That must feel so good. Well done. I am sure you will stay in those 12's. I can't wait to get there.
    T

4. ladylite

ladylite Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Net must be a really lovely feeling.

5. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    I can't wait till I have to do that, it must be such a great feeling!

6. lighterlifeclaire

lighterlifeclaire Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Tesco Diets/ Calorie Counting
    that is brilliant net, you must feel great...

Oh I'd love to be able to do that........

7. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    You will do it Claire, we all will!!! One day!!!

8. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My LLC said I should do it! Was scared to, guess just holding on to them just incase but that the wrong way to think. Anyways threw all my bigger clothes out the other week, everything from a 22 to an 18 as am now a 14/16. That so fantastic though Netnet bet that's such afantastic feeling being in 12s and throwing everything else out

9. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I have kept one pair of 22 trousers that I look at now and then, but everything else has gone, either to the charity shop, ebay or the car boot sale. Interestingly, quite a few "friends" said, "Aren't you going to keep them in the loft incase you put the weight back on??"":rolleyes: NO WAY!!! Gone forever!

Plus, selling the stuff on Ebay helped pay for new clothes!:D

10. gazz

gazz Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I've become good friends with the lady who works in the Hospice shop around the corner. I love it ;) Well done, don't keep anything be ruthless and brave .

11. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm addicted to charity shops now! Before, nothing would have ever fitted me, but now I can't keep out of there! In fact, just taking a break from clearing out and bagging more stuff up to go back there!

12. samsmummy

samsmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    cant wait until i can do that

13. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    It's soooo addictive, I couldn't believe the first time I bought something that fitted! But it made me wonder, all us lovely ladies are taking our big clothes to the charity shops, but I never see big sizes there, wonder what they do with them all? There's one near me I gave 5 bin bags of 22/24s to, and every time I go in there I see nothing bigger than an 18??:confused:

14. Kellie=]

Kellie=] Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I agree about ebay greenock :)
    Iv sold loads of my old size 16's on there and then just spend it buying smaller stuff!
    hehe xxxxx

15. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Isn't it a pain selling on EBAY? Wahta but postage costs - do you make enought o make it worth while? I can never seem to get to our post office. And when I do, its a nightmare - queues out the door often. But It would be nice to make a bit. Are the listing fees on ebay per item, or monthly?

Hey, I know! I'll pay you a commission if you sell mine!! :D

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for asking these questions because i'd been meaning to ask this myself

(listing fees are per item).

I feel ebay is a good place to obtain a good bargain .... and not such a good place to try to make a little bit of money - does the amount you get outweigh the (apparent) hassle of the postage?

17. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The listing fees are per item and usually cost around 50p to list an item, then ebay takes a small percentage of whatever you make from selling the item. Don't worry about the postage cos the buyer pays that. You just work out how much you need for postage and put it on the item. I love selling on ebay!

18. Greenockgal

Greenockgal Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well, I made nearly £1000 with my old clothes!! But, that was over 8 months or so, and I had ball gowns and all sort, I was buying new clothes as well (before I found the delights of Primark and the charity shops!), so it didn't last long!

If you go the the post office website, you can print a guide to postage, how much things weigh etc., although after a while you can pretty much guess. A top, for example, with 2nd class recorded is about £1.75 ish.

I buy postage bags off ebay, just fold the item up, bung it in, whip off the paper edge of the sticky bit and away you go!

I've got to be in the mood to do it though, and the better description you can put on, the better, (measurements and stuff) - saves loads of people asking questions!

I did cheer when I put my last black bin bag of big clothes on there! Mind you, am sorting out my clothes today, and I'm thinkin, "Hmmm, should I charity shop that or ebay it?"!!!!

19. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Well, that's the shoes now sorted! Got loads for the recycling! Got some holiday clothes stored at my parents, will go through them when over there next! Very addictive this sorting out once you start!

I am really enjoying this 'me' time, which we all need from time to time.

Just off to do a face pack and a soak in the bath! (Although not sure if to do the face pack first then the bath or visa versa!)

20. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

up until now I've charity shopped everything but I might be adventurous with this last lot of clothes and see what happens - thanks for the info re. postage guide