What a complete donut!

kingleds

Gold Member
I just trod on my work laptop!! Now it won't work & i am at home!!! Can't get into the office and they can't fix til tomorrow anyway.

Haven't told them how it happened!

Still, boss has not made me take the day off as he says its not my fault (massive guilt!) so thats a bit of a bonus.

These things happen to the best of us. Thank goodness you have such a nice boss

Chin up, keep smiling........

hugs xxx

bonus!!! get a job done that you usually put off to put you in a positive happy completed kind of mood :) xxx

Was just thinking i need to appease the karma gods by using this free time wisely - so house cleaning it is! Been putting that off for a few days - plus it will be a bit of body magic :)

Why did you tread on it?

The only reason i would take such action is to expediate the purchase of a newer and better one;)

I put it down to check my broadband was plugged in as it wasn't working (been onr of those days!) and forgot it was on the floor!!!

Basically i'm mega clumsy!

Why did you tread on it?

The only reason i would take such action is to expediate the purchase of a newer and better one;)

If only this would work - I think if I broke mine (5 years old) they'd just pull an ever older & heavier one out of the stores!!

Mine once fell out of my car as I was leaving work ( boot wasn't closed properly)..... :eek:

It still worked afterwards ...

you didn't do it on purpose so I really wouldn't feel too bad !!

I put it down to check my broadband was plugged in as it wasn't working (been onr of those days!) and forgot it was on the floor!!!

Basically i'm mega clumsy!
I'm cracking up!

I read that three times as I was convinced it read I put it down to check my husband was plugged in!

I'm hallucinating - miniminitis?

Maximus said:
I'm cracking up!

I read that three times as I was convinced it read I put it down to check my husband was plugged in!

I'm hallucinating - miniminitis?

Lol! I only plug the husband in once a week - he usually only needs a few hours on charge:)

I spilt OJ on my new laptop in the first week of having it - made it all sticky!!
Took ages to get it back from the repair shop!!

Lucky with the one I have now as its from the DSA so if anything happens to it the insurance will get it replaced and i'm guaranteed a loan of one if I'm going to be without it for longer than 48hours :)
Glad about that as i'm not sure how i'd cope without the internet!! :)

Same with this keyboard on my main PC - I spilled diet coke and it gave what I call "sticky key" syndrome. Occasionally at certain temperatures the keys stick - in spite of me taking it apart and cleaning it a few times lol

Lol! I only plug the husband in once a week - he usually only needs a few hours on charge:)
Not quite sure how to answer that one, but I notice FM liked the post. Life can be hard for us guys you know, we are not machines;)

I once broke a work laptop - tripped over the cable, it fell on the floor and my dont landed on it's open screen! It was destroyed. I was already in the bad books at work as I'd been off for 8 days with a tummy bug at that point (I was a teacher so couldn't risk going in and passing it on). I just quietly handed it to the business manager (who was in charge of the service contract) and offered to use my own instead for a while. When I left 2 months later the headteacher asked for my laptop back and I had to tell him what had happened! Oops.

Back