What a difference a day makes......

Good point babe!! xx

Sorry to hear your doc is a pain in the arse; he obviously didn't remember you coming in the first time and used the 'drop a BMI point' as a way to put you off surgery! (probably thought that you'd had enough with the weight loss). I know from some people that have had tummy tucks and stuff done that the NHS are really cautious about doing this operation as some people put weight back on once its done, lose weight and end up in the same position all over again, (my neighbour had applied for one once she had lost 5 stone but within 6 months of applying she had put back on 3, understandably she was removed from the waiting list).

Sooo best thing to do is be very persistent and if you can, be patient! But after so much loss, I'm sure you're dying to get it done and the only quick way of doing this is by going private. I sincerely hope it all works out for you in the end xxx :vibes:

Nicster, a long shot but if you see any tummy tucks on Ebay I will have one lol xxx

Garry,

Icemoose had the op on the NHS about a year ago. Could you ask him for advice ?
You definitely deserve to have the op on the NHS !

NHS are ****. Having a battle with them myself at the moment! Sorry you were disappointed hun, maybe it was a bad day like you said. HUGS xx

Oh sorry to hear that Gaz, keep going at it anyway, worse case scenario you geet it done privately, a pain in the pocket Ii know but you are worth it!! Lucky you live in the UK, I know you all seem to crib about the NHS, but over here there is NO WAY you can get any cosmetic surgery free of charge. A girl I know who was crippled with back pain, and slipped a disc in her back from the weight of her HH Boobs had to pay for surgery herself as it was seen as non -life threatening

Oh Gaz, I'm so sorry to hear that. If you don't hear from your doc by the end of next week I'd go back to him and ask him again. He may have forgotten the last visit!!! Or be in a better mood. Don't give up hun.

Good luck.

x

ooo i can do the sticthing!! I am dead neat!!!

sounds good, party round at mine then hey !

come on then, more the merrier xxx

i think that if you have achieved what you have mate it should be compulsary that they carry out your surgery as a sorta reward because you have probably saved them £££££££ later on

what a total barsteward!!

he wasn't expecting you back was he?!?! tosser. I hate the NHS anyway.

well my thoughts (not necessarily all good ;))
  • get as many examples of people having it done, preferable that have lost less than you.
  • make sure they understand how depressed it makes you (even if you dont give a hoot)
  • check out private prices anyway (follow up consultations cost between 80-160 quid going on the invoices i get from BUPA for my med appts) not insurmountable for after care charges.
  • see another dr
  • complain to practise manager about dr's change of attitude (bigging up the depression and false riased hopes)
  • snot the dr and go private.
if i win the lotto mate i'll send you a cheque ;)

Helen xx

Sorry... been off the site for 2 days - flippin chest infection. anyway I was thinking if every member who had been helped, chastised, inspired, insulted, sexually harrased, flirted and laughed with Gaz, chipped in a £1.00 this would pay for surgery and send him on a 2 week luxury hol to convaless (sp?) What do you think ???

Where do I send my quid? :)

probebly thought of this already but since ur doc seems to have a bit of a memory problem can you take him a before and a after pic with a close up of the area u want surgery on and if you have it a copy of your weekly losses so he can see at a glance just how hard youve worked at getting the weight off?
maybe total up how much youve spent on LT to show them as youve saved them having to pay for weight loss meds, gastric surgery, treatments for potential problems due to obesity?
and uve probebly not done this but did you by any change keep a diary throu out that you can show him?

Back