What a horrid man.........

fillymum

synful soul
Yesterday morning I had to meet some people in the village next to mine. I arrived early and as I was hungry, I had made the mistake of leaving home without breakfast, I popped into a nearby bar to grab a coffee and some toasted baguette with mashed , fresh tomato on top ( very common breakfast here but with olive oil as well ) I asked for it without the olive oil cos then it is a perfect SW breakfast.

The place was not very pleasant or very clean but what the hell I didn't want to live in it or buy it just have my breakfast.

I took one bite and it was so unpleasant yuk. It tasted of fish. I tried the other piece, the same more fish taste. Obviously I left it. I paid and thanked him cos I am a nice, well brought up person and to say anything would not achieve anything, anyway I could not be bothered I would not be going back...........bad attitude I know.

As I left he called after me............."what was wrong with that"..................I told him that it tasted odd, of fish. He shoved the bowl of chopped tomato under my nose, that stunk of fish as well. He exploded "fish, there is no fish, you are mad, you need to go to the doctors, you must be crazy". I quietly replied that I had not complained, just paid him and thanked him and that I thought he was very bad mannered...................... what did he say to that ??? " Yes, I am bad mannered".

Not surprisingly there were only 7 people in the bar including me and that is in a bar next to the site of the weekly market on market day.

Every picture tells its own story.

When my friends arrived ( one is a native of the village) she said he was renowned for his rudeness and the only surprise was that he was still in business.

We are in a deep, deep serious recession here, things really are very bad. Wouldn't you have thought he would have been more graceful about it. After all I was not making any fuss but I have now.

My wise old dad always used to say "a good name travels fast and a bad name travels faster "

Wow-that is shocking, I've heard of people being rude when someone has complained but to be rude like that when you paid and didn't say anything is shocking. You could have easily just been feeling ill, maybe nervous because of something happening or having a bad day so were off your food.

It does sound unbelievable that someone like that could still be in business, I'm surprised there were 7 people in there.

Back