what a week - I'm babbling!

coffee_bean

hi everyone. Hope you're all ok.

I've not been on in a while as have had no internet connection in the hotel for a few days (and have felt a little cut off from the world). They also had a few blips with the digital switchover last wednesday - the sky broke and I was unable to watch either the apprentice or desperate housewives - the only 2 things I make sure I never miss!

All in all though I've had a good week. Despite really struggling to find things on the resturant menu which I know were safe, I still haven't suffered any undesirable effects on the tablets thank god! Only two more weeks in a hotel with eating out every night and I'll be moving into my new place, able to cook for myself every night and plan my meals in advance - sheer bliss! Can't wait!

So, I was dreading coming back home this weekend as I knew I hadn't been as good as last week - I ate way more calories - but I miraculously lost 4lb!
That means I have lost my first stone and only 10 more lbs to go until I'm under 15st - yay! It seems like I've crossed my first milestone without being able to take total control of what I'm eating and I think if I can do that I can continue on this for a while.

Can't wait for tea tonight either - fillet steak with jersey royals and home grown cabbage - yummy!

Also wanted to let you know that I got my calorie & fat bible yesterday and have been engrossed in it since I got it. Its really good. Lets you know the fat contents of pretty much everything in both 100g and portion sizes. I've made a mental note of 'safe' foods for the next few weeks of eating out, and also looked up some staple foods for when I go to sainsburys later.

Sorry for babbling - I just had to get it out. I have to start packing up my things now ready for the move as I'm away again this week - just have to get the apprentice and desperate housewives playing on the laptop so I can catch up while I'm doing it.

Kate x x x

Hello, I am new! You seem to be doing really well on the Xenical. I am starting tomorrow and I am so nervous about messing it up (quite literally ha ha)

Can I ask where you got you 'bible' from? It sounds fab.

Hi Kate

It's good to have you back. I got the food bible too, (after you mentioned it previously). I agree, I can't be without it. Even when I'm watching tv, I'm flicking through it at the same time.

Is fillet steak ok for us?

Lins
X :rolleyes:

Hiya lins
Glad you're enjoying the book. I keep on picking it up - isn't it fantastic? I have to say though, knowing that I can have some things from dominos is quite worrying (but a godsend at the same time!)
Fillet steak is about 7% fat on its own but I'm only having a small one with loads of spuds and cabbage. Had it before with no side effects - I think its ok if you balance it out with lower fat goodies as you're looking at 5% per meal - well thats the theory I'm working to and so far so good.
Right I'm sick of packing now so off to cook my fillet steak - yum!

x x

Back