what about work

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by sheena, 3 June 2008 Social URL.

1. sheena

sheena Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    just wondered what im going to do at work. i just presumed u just used hot water and not blenders or any thing. will i be able to go for 9 hrs with just one shake at 5 in the morning and intervals of water? my job intails walking for 8 hrs.dont want anyone at work to know either xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. November bride

November bride Full Member

I know they are a little more expensive but how bout the tetras that are already made in a carton? Come in banana and choc. I take them to work, as no way of me mixing during the day. The I mix my evening one at home.

4. sheena

sheena Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    sorry but what r they?

5. Annie 100

Annie 100 Likes to chat

Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only even used hot water and lots of arm muscles with the soups, I couldn't be bothered with washing up a blender as well as a mug! You will be fine, just lift some weights before work to get your arms up to speed for the stiring action!

6. November bride

November bride Full Member

sorry my apologies im on cd and picked up wrong thread :sign0007: xx

7. lynda

lynda Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(16.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have a look on ebay, i just purchased a mug with a whisk in the bottom that runs on x2 AA batteries, normally used for frothy coffee but will hopefully work the same with shakes

8. sheena

sheena Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    thanx but will look a bit suspicious with an hand held blender lol. will just use my muscle then got plenty of weight behind me ha ha.sorry always do that,not for much longer hey? xx

9. AllyLL

AllyLL Full Member

I use a fork and make it into a mouse (less water) and you don't taste any lumps. Any mug will do for mixng.

Or can you have your bar during the day?

10. Linze01

Linze01 Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I used to have bars at work. Much easier than mixing shakes!
    All the best,
    Linze

11. cookey

cookey Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    I take my hot chocolate shake made up in a flask

12. Vicki_Jackson23

Vicki_Jackson23 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My CDC sold me this hand mixer shaker and its fab - it was my first day at work on the diet today and I had chocolate for breakfast and soup for dinner using that thing...cost me £2.50 it has measuring bit on it too...I will ask her tomorrow when I see her where she got it from but it looks like a tesco thing!

13. Vicki_Jackson23

Vicki_Jackson23 Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Just also remembered, my friend is an Avon rep and in the next catalogue I know there is a nice mug that come with a little hand blender and its dead cheap - perhaps look on their website or find a local rep??

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive got a wee battery operated mixer, designed for frothing milk which I use for making a latte at work, it would probably work well and its quite small, to be honest noone at work even bats an eyelid when I use it. Might be worth trying something like that youll probably be surprised at how little attention people do pay.

15. mrspnut

mrspnut Full Member

You can make the soups with a small hand whisk - make the powder into a loose paste with cold water first and give it a really good whisk before adding hot water.

Or there are bars after your first 5 days which are incredibly portable. The other thing I do is make a soup pack into crisps (the recipe is in the stickies section) and put them in a tupperware container to take with me.

If I go away for the weekend, I usually have a vanilla shake made into a latte in the morning, then during the day crisps and a bar and a chocolate pack made into hot chocolate in the evening.

16. sheena

sheena Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    thanx eveyone for your tips and ideas.going tonite cant believe its finally here feels like ive been waiting ages xx

17. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Good Luck Sheena

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.