Extra Easy What am I doing wrong

clambertina

Hi all:wavey:

Have been going to a SW class now for 9 weeks and have only lost 6.5lbs:cry:

Since Tuesday I have written down everything that has passed my lips and have measured accurately.

I will post my food diary below and would appreciate any comments as to where I may be going wrong:

Wednesday
Breakfast: Muller Toffee Yogurt, 42g Crunchy Bran (HEXB) & 1 Banana chopped on top
Lunch: Jacket Potato, 2 Extra Light Laughing Cow (part of HEXA), Sweetcorn, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Beetroot
Dinner: Extra Lean Minced Steak, Red Kidney Beans, Onion, Chopped Tomatoes, Rice
HEXA: 125ml semi-skimmed milk
Free Snacks: Pear, Melon
Drinks: 1.5l water with sugar free cordial, coffee using milk from HEXA
Syns: 1 tbsp Balsamic Dressing 0.5, 1 tbsp Tomato Puree 1, Pink & White 2.5, Total = 4

Thursday
Breakfast: Muller Toffee Yogurt, 42g Crunchy Bran (HEXB) & 1 Banana chopped on top
Lunch: Chicken, Sweetcorn, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Beetroot
Dinner: Bacon, pasta, mushrooms. onion, chopped tomatoes
HEXA: 2 x Extra Light Laughing Cow, 125 ml semi-skimmed milk
Drinks: 1.5l water with sugar free cordial, coffee using milk from HEXA
Free Snacks: Pear, melon
Syns: 1 tbsp Extra Light Mayo 1, Pink & White 2.5, Hi-Fi Bar 6 Total = 9.5

Friday
Breakfast:Muller Toffee Yogurt, 42g Crunchy Bran (HEXB) & 1 Banana chopped on top
Lunch: Cous cous, mixed peppers, onion
Dinner: Pork steak (no fat), mushy peas
HEXA: 250 ml semi-skimmed milk
Drinks: coffee using milk from HEXA
Free Snacks: none
Syns: 20g Lighter Cheese 3, 150g Rustic chips 1.5, 2 tbsp ketchup 2, half Pink & White 1, 1 finger of KitKat 2.5 Total = 10.

Saturday
Breakfast: Muller Cranberry/Raspberry Yogurt, Satsuma & Pear
Lunch: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, 2 x slices Warburtons wholmeal bread taken from 400g loaf
Dinner: Rice
Syns: Beef & Blackbean sauce (Chinese take away)5, 1 finger KitKat 2.5 Total = 7.5.

Sunday (So far.....)
Breakfast: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, 2 x slices Warburtons wholmeal bread taken from 400g loaf, half tin baked beans
Lunch: Spicy Sweet & Sour Mug Shot, Shape 0% Fat Free Yogurt
Dinner: Rice, turkey pieces (making own curry with spices)
Drinks: coffee using milk from HEXA, 0.5l of water with sugar free cordial
Free Snacks: Pear
Syns: 1 tbsp tomato puree 1, Total = 1

Any help advice will be greatly received..

Last edited:
Maybe you are not using enough of your syns?

Are you doing EE? If so, you don't appear to be having your 1/3 superfree. Also you don't seem to be eating much some days - e.g. pork steak and mushy peas isn't much for dinner; cous cous with peppers and onions isn't much for lunch. Neither of those woudl keep me going for long!!!

Generally it looks ok, no obvious mistakes except your 1/3 superfree you need at each meal for extra easy. This will control the amounts of free food you're having which makes EE work.

Some people find that EE just doesn't work for them though. If I were you I'd try a week of green/red days and compare. When I've done EE I've found it hard to fill up on superfree foods rather than free which you can do on red/green days.

Also as you don't have loads and loads of weight to lose it is likely to be slower than someone with alot but don't get disheartened!

Good luck with the coming week. :)

I agree with tracejovi, it doesn't look like enough food in total.
For example a mugshot and a yoghurt is all you had for lunch one day and you haven't included your 1/3 superfree in that meal.
A couple of the other meals are also lacking in 1/3 superfree.

Also it looks like you are not getting enough variety, in the five day diary there are 3 breakfasts that are the same and 2 blt sandwiches.

I would also try and have your 10 syns a day if you can, because if your weightloss should plateau you haven't anywhere to cut back.

Also there is divided opinion about swapping about your healthy extras, eg having half cheese and half milk, you could maybe choose one or the other and if you need cheese you could syn it and vice versa. :)

Good luck with your weightloss journey, stick with it sw does work :D

Ok, thanks all it seems that I am not doing it right with some meals and still a bit confused:confused:

Tonights meal is a turkey curry with onions added, followed by fresh raspberries and a meringue nest (3 syns). Do the raspberries count as a third of the meal eventhough I probably won't eat the dessert until about half an hour after the meal.

Though I got my head around it but obviously not:sigh:

Friday
Breakfast:Muller Toffee Yogurt, 42g Crunchy Bran (HEXB) & 1 Banana chopped on top
Lunch: Cous cous, mixed peppers, onion
Dinner: Pork steak (no fat), mushy peas - need some fruit/salad/veg for your 1/3 (mushy peas are only free, not superfree so don't count towards 1/3)
Syns: 20g Lighter Cheese 3, 150g Rustic chips 1.5, 2 tbsp ketchup 2, half Pink & White 1, 1 finger of KitKat 2.5 Total = 10.

Saturday
Breakfast: Muller Cranberry/Raspberry Yogurt, Satsuma & Pear
Lunch: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, 2 x slices Warburtons wholmeal bread taken from 400g loaf
Dinner: Rice - need 1/3 superfree with it
Syns: Beef & Blackbean sauce (Chinese take away)5, 1 finger KitKat 2.5 Total = 7.5.

Sunday (So far.....)
Breakfast: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, 2 x slices Warburtons wholmeal bread taken from 400g loaf, half tin baked beans
Lunch: Spicy Sweet & Sour Mug Shot, Shape 0% Fat Free Yogurt - need 1/3 superfree (yogurt doesn't count)
Dinner: Rice, turkey pieces (making own curry with spices) - need 1/3 superfree
Drinks: coffee using milk from HEXA, 0.5l of water with sugar free cordial
Free Snacks: Pear
Syns: 1 tbsp tomato puree 1, Total = 1

Any help advice will be greatly received..

Agree with what others have said. (see my notes in red above)

Also agree with what others said about variety. Vary your breakfasts - some days swap out banana for strawberries or blackberries just to change things up and focus on more foods with S and SS beside them.

The thing that stands out to me is that there is not many carbs included .... potatoes, pasta, rice etc

What stands out for me is that you have lost nearly half a stone !!!!! Don't lose sight that you may have been half a stone heavier had you not started your healthy eating

Back