what am i doing wrong

hi everyone
Although i joined a few weeks ago, i have not posted regularly. This forum has been a great help and has kept me going, especially when reading motivational/success stories.
The thing is i have been counting my calories religiously and normally eat between 1000 to 1500 calories a day. initially i did lose a lot of weight as u can tell from my tracker, but then for the last two weeks or so i am barely losing weight and this is so frustrating. The sad part is that last week i even went to the gym three times but maintained my calorie intake so i was so looking forward to this week's weigh in. you can imagine my face when i realised that all the hard work and i have only lost a pound:sigh:. at this rate i feel i will get to my target weight in 10 years time. LOL.
i am not giving up yet, but my spirit is very low. i am not sure what to do at this point that could help?:cry::cry::cry:
oh by the way lost 1 lb week 6 but no more space to put this.

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

This is something I read on another post. You are still losing weigh so I would not be worried, if I were you I would celebrate the steady weight loss, you are doing really well!

We have all been stood on the scales after a week of being 100% and scratching our heads at what we see. There are many reasons why our bodies don't behave the way we think they should, but you have not gained any weight so your plan is working. Stick with it, and who knows you might have a bigger loss next week.

Good luck

xxx

Girlpower......1000 cals seems very low to me.. At the very least i would allow 1100 cals a day PLUS whatever is earned in exercise.

OK...imagine on a day you eat only 1000 cals...but work out at gym and burn 500 cals. In effect your body is working on 500 cals....decides its not getting enough...and goes into starvation mode!

I would allow yourself at least 1100 cals PLUS at least half of the calories you earn via exercise.

Good luck

Bumblebum
xx

Back