What am I doing wrong? :(

Miss helpme

I have no idea what im doing wrong with this diet!! The first diet I tried was Slimming world but after 3 months I had only lost 5lbs and so I decided to come off it! The first week I tried this diet I was amazed that I lost 4 and half pounds and sooo pleased too! However since then the 2nd week I put on half a pound and I have just weighed myself on the wii to see if i had lost anymore before I go for my weigh in tonight and It says I have gained slightly again!! Im really upset about this as ive been sticking to the diet and entering it onto esource and I havnt gone over my 29 pp and this week Ive only used 7pp from the weekly amounts too so now I dont understand. Also Im going to the gym approx 3 times a week too and yesterday I even had an hour and 10 mins in the gym and then I went for swim too!
I really thought this diet was for me but now I dont know what to think!!:confused:

Maybe you need to balance your intake with your exercise too? I know it's a cliche type thing to say but it's true, muscle does weigh more than fat, maybe it's that? Maybe try eating some more of your weekly/activity points?

Or if it's time of the month you will retain water. Quite often it takes a few weeks of a new diet/eating plan for your body to get used to it, don't give up for a 1/2lb gain in only the second week, you need to give it bit longer.

I know it's disappointing though, chin up xx

I totally understand that Lauraloo... This is the 3rd weigh in tonight and im just worried that the first week I lost and now it looks like the next 2 weeks ive gained a pound (together as i gained half a pound last week and it looks like ive just gained another half a pound)

Its not the time of the month for me so I know its not that im just hoping its what you say about muscle?? but I dont know... Also the last 2 weeks I ate all my weekly food its just this week I havnt needed to.

Just hope that I do get a change in my weight!!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Apparently you have to use a good chunk of your weeklies as well as all your daily points, especially if your doing exercise too.
First week I used all my daily points and about 20 weeklies and lost 8.5lbs.
Second week I used 2 weeklies and only lost 0.5lbs.
This week I used about 40 weeklies and lost 3lbs.

I know it sounds stupid but you may not be eating enough!
Also drink lots of water! That definitely helps! Good luck.x

You never know what their scales will say - mine at home are never the same, ever!! Just go to the meeting, even if it is a slight gain maybe chat to your leader about it and see if they have any pointers - take your tracker along so they can have a look at it?

It's quite possible it is to do with all your exercise though too - your first week proved you can and do lose, it's just hard to keep going when you feel unmotivated by it too but keep it up - let us know how you get on tonight. xx

Aw honey, thinking of you and know exactly how you feel. Relax, chill out and give your body time to adapt. We will get there!!

:)

Thanks for all your support.. I will take my tracker with me to tonight when I go and your right I may not be drinking enough water or eating enough... Although quite often I think I'm eating too much haha!! I'm going to start using all my pp for the week too maybe that will help too! I will post back and let you know how I get on!! I've been so motivated over the last few weeks and I can't let it go :D

I totally understand that Lauraloo... This is the 3rd weigh in tonight and im just worried that the first week I lost and now it looks like the next 2 weeks ive gained a pound (together as i gained half a pound last week and it looks like ive just gained another half a pound)

Its not the time of the month for me so I know its not that im just hoping its what you say about muscle?? but I dont know... Also the last 2 weeks I ate all my weekly food its just this week I havnt needed to.

Just hope that I do get a change in my weight!!

Thanks for the quick reply!!
Muscle weighs much heavier than fat. Try using a tape measure to measure your bust, waist, hips. If you don't see a loss on the scales but your size is toning and reducing, then you're winning :)

Last_Attempt took the words out of my mouth :) measuring yourself is a great way to boost motivation if the scales appear to be telling you something disappointing !

Hey :)

If it helps at all I lost 5.5 the first week, and gained the second week. I put it down to muscle use...if they are overworked then they retain water to help them rebuild themselves (stronger).

Keep pushing forward, its too early to give up yet

Cariad xXx

I will let you know what the outcome of my weigh in is... although I measured myself a few weeks ago and just re-measured myself and ive lost an inch on my boobs and thighs so i think thats good!! :)

Chin up. This diet REALLY does work.

Last time I was on it ... for a while I STS or gained a little ... it wasnt until I measured EVERYTHING out that I realised my portions were bigger than I had pointed for. So now I try to measure most things.

Sometimes little things like that can sabotage the diet. Also ... gentle exercise can really help you lose weight and boost your self esteem and confidence!

xx

Well ive just been weighed and ive lost half a pound... although its not a lot at least ive lost some so now im pleased!! But this has also made me realise that i shouldnt weigh myself at home and just go in for the weigh in!! Thanks for all your comments too :D

It has.. I have had so much motivation since starting this I need to keep positive and keep going at it :)

Well done on losing that half lb it's a step in the right direction :)

I always find the wii not very reliable for weighing so do just try to stick to once a week same time same scales.

Be wary though muscle really doesn't weigh more than fat. It's the same as saying a tonne of bricks weighs more than a tonne of feathers when actually they both weigh the same.

Defo up your water intake especially if you are exercising though, aim for atleast 2litres on days when you exercise :)

The weight thing, I know what youre saying is true (tonne of bricks/feathers etc), however when people say 'muscle weigh more...' what they actually mean is muscle is denser. I.e, two size 12 people with the exact same measurements, one very lean and muscly, and one with more fat on them, and less muscle, the muscly person would weigh more, and by my understanding quite a bit more. So when people, even quite overweight people are converting their fat into muscle, it can mean they don't Lose weight despite losing inches. So in fact muscle does weigh more...

Does this make sense?

well, it just means that it doesnt weight more it just occupies less space ^^

Back