Original What am I doing wrong?!!!

So I've been on virtually every diet you can think of and the only one I ever had success on is the good old stress diet following a break up years ago, combined with the Atkins diet and replacing evening meals with a bottle of wine! Not healthy!

Anyway as you can imagine the weight piled back on, I've also had a baby since then and am currently 2 and a half to 3 stone over weight. I've tried a number of diets over the last 3 years since DD was born. Have gone through all of them, WW, 5:2, atkins, and currently back to slimming world.

I started back on slimming world (on my own as I already have the books and can't afford classes/haven't got time for classes at the mo) exactly 3 weeks ago. Did great the first week and lost 3lbs but rewarded myself with 'goodies' that weekend. Epic fail! Following saturday weigh in I had gained 2lbs back.
Was good again the next week...lost 2lbs. Had a few Valentine's Day treats the evening after weigh in. Nothing major though. Been extra good all week this week....Weighed in today expecting to see maybe 0.5 loss. No.....

I GAINED 1lb!!!!

So very annoyed!!!

I haven't been exercising as I was in a bad car crash at the start of the diet and am injured so can't fully exercise at the mo. I might attempt a run today however...we'll see.

I have been predominantly following the original plan with the odd extra easy day here and there.

Start weight 12lb 7
1st weigh in 12lb 4
2nd weigh in 12lb 6
3rd weigh in 12lb 4
4th weigh in 12st 5 (today)
Target weight 9st 4lb
Realistic weight that I'd be happy to get to 10st!!

A typical day would be (original plan)

Breakfast
Overnight porridge oats...35g (HeXa)
70g dried apricots (HeXb)
Topped with Asda frozen summer fruits and frozen blueberries (both thawed overnight)
Vanilla mullerlight

Mid morning - banana

Lunch
Syn free veg soup (homemade - literally chicken stock, veg, seasoning)
Few slices of Ham
Apple
Satsumas

Dinner
Salmon, broccoli, carrots, butternut squash, small jacket potato (HeXb)
Mullerlight yoghurt

Evening snack curly wurly, alpen light

Throughout the day I generally drink tea...quite a lot. Not a massive amount of water but a few glasses.

I feel like I've missed something off but I don't think I have! I haven't really felt hungry and so I have been sticking to it.

Diary looks good. I'd set up a diary in the sw diaries section and document everyday, really helps you stay on track.
Also I would up your water too. Try to work up to 1 to 2 litres a day. It really does help.

Also a piece of advice that everyone on here gives and is so very true...don't look at individual weighs...look at the bigger picture. You are loosing and going in the right direction hun. Slow losses are healthier. Sometimes hormones can play a part too. A lot of women have a sts or a gain during their period due to bloat/water retention.

Keep going. Write every bit of food down and post on here. I find the days I don't write mine down I snack a bit more. X

I am not an expert in the original plan, but it looks like you have 3 b choices there? I'm presuming you're using your As for milk in tea.

Our bodies are funny things, and if you deserved a loss rather than a gain, if you stick to plan then I'm certain you'll have a good loss next week. I would revisit 'treat night' after WI though - why not syn it, rather than go off-plan? That way you can be sure you're not sabotaging yourself. Good luck! :)

Some people also flexisyn so work out their syn allowance for the week which can give a bit more flexibility with treats and nights out etc.

Maybe when there's a free membership offer on in a mag, pop to a group and grab the new books as some things have changed and you may get on better with EE perhaps. X

Breakfast
Overnight porridge oats...35g (HeXa)
Topped with Asda frozen summer fruits and frozen blueberries (both thawed overnight)
Vanilla mullerlight

Mid morning - banana

Lunch
Few slices of Ham
Apple
Satsumas

Dinner
Mullerlight yoghurt

Evening snack curly wurly, alpen light

Throughout the day I generally drink tea...quite a lot. Not a massive amount of water but a few glasses.

I feel like I've missed something off but I don't think I have! I haven't really felt hungry and so I have been sticking to it.

Youve had 3 hex b my lovely.

What are your hex a choices?

Thanks ladies, really helpful responses! Am fairly sure I've buggered up my hex's and syns...oops!!! Once I've caught up with finances (had to shell out for a new car having written my old one off...bloody black ice...scary!) I'll prob rejoin SW to get the new books. I'm glad I posted this so I don't don't lose faith, I was convinced I was doing it right and clearly I wasnt!!!
Thanks again, am going to spend some time planning this weeks menu!

Last edited:

Breakfast
Overnight porridge oats...35g (HeXa) 6 syns as already said you've had 3 hexb's
Vanilla mullerlight

Mid morning - banana

Lunch
Few slices of Ham
Apple
Satsumas

Dinner
Mullerlight yoghurt

Evening snack curly wurly, alpen light + syns for curly wurly 6 I think & alpen light 3 if one or 6 if two

Throughout the day I generally drink tea...quite a lot. Not a massive amount of water but a few glasses you could be going over syns if you've not measured your milk

You've had at least 15 syns there and I've not added in the milk, so don't get disheartened that's why this site is so good you can find out things.

Youve had 3 hex b my lovely.

What are your hex a choices?

Yep, beat me too it!!!

If you've not started a diary do so, if you title it asking for help you'll get lots subbing & offering help.

I'd also sub to a few diaries too so you can get ideas there is also a hexb thread somewhere on here that may help.

It will all fall into place xxx

Good luck for the next WI! The plan can take a little while to get to grips with, but I'm sure the weight will be falling off once you do :)

Back