WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

Sunpup

I've just had my 2nd weigh in and have only lost 2lbs! I'm really disappointed.:( My first weigh in wasn't great either as I only lost 7lbs. I have followed the plan religiously and haven't cheated and have drank at least 2litres of water a day - so what am I doing wrong? My motivation to carry on is really dwindling. Please help!

hey there,

i understand you feel a bit let down, but if you were on another diet such as Slimming World you wouldn't have lost this much already. 9lbs is a really really good loss :) I lost 4lbs in my first week, and my next WI is tomorrow and i think i have lost roughly the same as you. I think we are doing brilliantly!

Remember LT say its 1 stone loss a month for women and 1.5 stone a month for men. This is the average. Your weight loss so far is living up to the promise :)

Thanks, I know you're right but It's so annoying seeing most other people have greater losses! Good luck with your weigh in.

Hey Sunpup try not to get disheartened. If you were trying to be sensible in the lead up to your diet it may mean that you didn't have a much glucose stored up to get rid of as some of us. As Purpleangle said 9lb in 2 weeks is still a great weight loss. I would up the water to 3 litres a day and see if it makes any difference.

I was a bit down a week ago about my loss then got a big one this week - I've no explanation for it, just seems to happen that way sometimes.

Stick with it and I'm sure you'll have a fab loss next week xxx

You arn't doing anything wrong :)
The plan works differently for everyone, some people it seems to fall off almost every week, others get slow times now and again.

7lbs in first week is awesome, that's 1lb more than I lost in my first week and you've lost in a fortnight what it's taken me over the last 3 weeks to lose! AND men lose faster than women! So a big well done!

Having said thatm it's best not to compare yourself to others in terms of your losses; everyone is different, has different levels of daily activity, different calorific needs based on musclemass/lifestyle/job etc and different amounts to lose which can really affect how wuickly you lose (more to lose = faster loss generally).
Don't look at other people's tickers and think "oh they lost X this week, I only lost Y..." as that's a surefire way to get yourself down.

Instead, you should be proud that you have lost 2lbs this week.
If you wern't doing LT, chances are you wouldn't have, and who knows, you could have gained that this week had you not started the plan!

You are on target for your 1stone a month, so chin up!
Keep going, once you hit your first stone by the end of the month you'll be over the moon and dying for each day to fly by until your next WI! :)

What the others have said :)

It's a marathon (I refuse to call it a snickers ;) ), not a sprint... when I was doing LT I had bad WI's as well as ace WI's... it was all about the long term goal & I averaged over a stone loss per month :)

Chin up & stick with it :) x

PS Soph.... you look abso-jaw-droppingly-blummin'-lutely gorgeous in that pic :D Just had to tell you ;)

PS Soph.... you look abso-jaw-droppingly-blummin'-lutely gorgeous in that pic :D Just had to tell you ;)

Thank you xxx

How's Celeb Slim working out for you?

Thank you xxx

How's Celeb Slim working out for you?

You're welcome ;)

Yeah CS is alright... it's obviously not as hardcore as LT but in some ways it's much harder than LT as you can eat on it...

I found LT easy as total food replacement was a total no-brainer once you got into the groove with it... with this you are eating & therefore the temptation to eat the wrong things is all around...

I've been very hard with myself on the allowed snacking / eating & rather than having a proper meal I've either replaced it with a small salad bowl or an apple or an extra shake. I think it's my 4 months on LT that put me in this mindset :)

CS is still a VLCD / Carb diet so I'm trying to average 800 cals a day (rather than 600 odd on LT). The flavours are nicer too (vanilla is still too sweet for me though) & the tomato soup is almost Heinz-like in comparison to the chicken LT soup :)

I was in hospital with acute pancreatitis at the start of December & haven't been down the gym since :( This coupled with eating crap (& a lot of bread) over the past couple of months resulted in 2 of the 5 stone I lost last year on LT going back on :(

I saw CS as less hardcore way of getting shot of the weight, whilst still being concious of my pancreas :) I started on Sunday & have lost 8 lbs so far :)

:hijack:

Sorry to hear you weren't well. Hope you're all better x

I do like the strictness of LT but it sounds like you're doing really well and 8lb is fab!:happy096: Plus it should make maintaining easier in the long run if your traning your food habits now.

(Sorry for hijacking your thread Sunpup!)

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

I know it feels pants to watch others with it rolling off BUT everyone really is different unfortunately. I do knwo that on any other diet you wouldnt of lost that much but I totally understand how you feel hun.

Coudl it be because you havent too much to lose? I have a bout 6stone to go so maybe thats why?? (I cant view your ticker so dont know)

Good luck this week hun, it gets easier to do so thats a bonus & hopefully your loses will increase for ya
Niki
xx

Try not to be too dis-heartened, you have done fantastically to loose so much in such a short time. It's totally true that if you were on a different diet you may only have lost a fraction of this.

Everyone is different and I know speaking personally that I totally pigged out over Christmas and was retaining water like nobody's business. Most of what I have lost in my first week is probably water held in my body's glycogen stores.

Your body will only do what it want's to at a speed that's right for you. Try to be pleased with the fact that you have stuck to the plan 100% - that is a major achievment in itself - Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks to everyone! I know I shouldn't be disheartened and appreciate what I have lost - but it's hard. I thought the weight would have come off a lot more (especially at the start) as I also have about 6st to lose.
I hadn't prepared by cutting down before I started LT but like you all say - everyone's different.
I'll give it 1 more week and see how it goes.
Thanks again for all the support and encouragement.:)

Keep it up like they've all said some weeks you have small loses, maybe try another litre of water. When you look back and add your loss up over the month you will be pleased.XX

You have done great so far, loss is better than no loss :) you will be amazed of how much you will loose in a month, even on some weeks it could be as little but at least that bits off :):)

keep it up your doing great :):)

You need to measure yourself and note the results down. Then, when you have a less than jaw-dropping WI measure yourself again and compare results. Usually if you have lost little in weight you have made up for it in inches.

Back