What are losses like on SS+ with the meal

Hi Guys!

I've just restarted SSing after a Week long fall off the wagon!

I’m on day 3 & it is so much tougher than the first time round – I’m thinking than a nice chicken salad to look forward to in the evening would make all the difference. But I don’t want to slow down weightloss too much. To be honest- the first time round I did cheat a bit (the odd bit of chicken or prawn here and there) but I’m trying to stick to it this time.

I just wanted to know what people’s experiences have been with SS+ having a green and white meal once a day and what your losses were like?

Thanks

xxxx

Hi I lost 9 and a quarter lbs first week on SS+

Hi,
i cant seem to ss properly as i keep eating , however in june i have lost 10lb. For 2 weeks of it i was completely off the wagon but managed to loose during those weeks. At the beginning of june i was 11stone 9lb and yesterday i weighed 10st 13lb. I will admit to a few greasy spoons in that time aswell . However yesterdays weigh in has spurred me on and im back ss ing. I have restarted so many times i have this mental block in my head telling myself its just as easy as first time round . People are now noticing my loss . Keep with it and work out what suits you best .

Hiya!!:)

I did SS+ and lost 3 stone in 3 months - probably would've been a bit more but have been going up the plans (sort of) the last couple of weeks as am going on hols next week:D. Plan to get back onto SS+ when i return - couldn't do SS - too severe for me:(. I am very pleased with the results so far!;)

Hey hun I'm on SS+ and have lost 5lbs so far in 3 days!! My CDC said the losses are the same on SS and SS+, its just up to you whether you abstain and take a break from conventional food completely or have the small meal. You will stay in ketosis on SS+ so its exactly the same as SS but you just get to eat a little each day, which i find helps me mentally as when I feel like a little nibble in the evening I dont have to feel guilty as its 'allowed'. For me, when SSing I often would have a small green and white meal when I struggled but would feel so bad about it. Now I don't have to :)

xxx

woohooo back in ketosis

Thanks guys, very helpful.

just had my 3rd pack so I'm gonna take my time preparing a nice tuna salad. It says in the book to have it with low fat dressing, but I thought low fat dressings were higher in carbs?

Also, can we grill or dry-fry?

Well done wanabeslim! thats a brilliant loss & I totally agree about the guilt thing and at least SS+ sets boundaries.

Naturally stoosh, thats amazing for the first week , what week are you on now? are you still on SS+?

You can grill and dry fry hun. I tend to avoid dressings where possible and only have it in small amounts. When shopping for dressings I look at the carb contents as well as the fat and calories. Low fat is a must, low cal is a bonus, low carb is important- moreso IMO than the cals.

Just had my final pack of the day :) feeling full now xxx

You can grill and dry fry hun. I tend to avoid dressings where possible and only have it in small amounts. When shopping for dressings I look at the carb contents as well as the fat and calories. Low fat is a must, low cal is a bonus, low carb is important- moreso IMO than the cals.

Just had my final pack of the day :) feeling full now xxx

can you recommend any dressing which are good low carb?
thanks

none of them are really hence i try to avoid it. I have got the kraft light thousand island dressing and the garlic and herbs one too, they arent great but better than some, and I very rarely use them. Vinagrette I believe is the best as it has the least of everything, but I hate it!

xx

I started on ss+ from the start and have lost 6.5, 4.5, 5.5. 53/4, 6lbs so far. My cdc says that from all the people she sees more have stuck to ss+ than ss. Personally doubt i'd of stuck at it without the 1 meal a day but guess thats down to the individual.

Its in the yellow book hun, but its basically a 200kcal meal made up of green veg and white meat xx

Ive done SS+ and 810 since the beginning. I must have a low ketosis threshold because some days I eat a lot more than 200 cals with my meal, just always low carbs.

I've done nearly 10 weeks now, and after my initial drop I'm averaging just over 2 pounds a week, for a total loss of 27 pounds. Also have fat measuring scales at home and about 3/4 of the loss is fat, so I'm really happy.

I've had two huge weekend falls off the wagon during that time, but have got back on really easily.

I'm eating quite a lot and really enjoying it & I'm more than happy with 2lb a week. Also because the loss is slow enough, my skin seems to be keeping pace so far......

Ive done SS+ and 810 since the beginning. I must have a low ketosis threshold because some days I eat a lot more than 200 cals with my meal, just always low carbs.

I've done nearly 10 weeks now, and after my initial drop I'm averaging just over 2 pounds a week, for a total loss of 27 pounds. Also have fat measuring scales at home and about 3/4 of the loss is fat, so I'm really happy.

I've had two huge weekend falls off the wagon during that time, but have got back on really easily.

I'm eating quite a lot and really enjoying it & I'm more than happy with 2lb a week. Also because the loss is slow enough, my skin seems to be keeping pace so far......

so what do you have for you meal.

is tuna allowed?

Hi, I am doing SS+ i lost 14lbs in my first week!!!!
I have a shake for brekki and a tetra for lunch and soup 'starter' for tea with either 225g low fat cottage cheese (this makes a really big bowl) and 2tbsp chopped lettuce,celery and cucmber (this is a very small amount of greens but it still fills you).
You can swap the cpottage cheese for 120g chicken (this is not a lot about 3 or 4 cubes I add spices like jerk and grill on BBQ or george foreman)
190g white fish this is quite a big slice of fish I add spice like cajun and grill on george foreman or BBQ
or 1 small tin of tuna in springwater this one I find bland because I cant think what to add to the tuna (I like tuna but usually with lashing of mayo!!!)
You can also have some veggi type but I dont have these.
It completly fills me up and i dont have cravings for foods as i get a 'meal' at night.
I have done SS three times before and never succeeeded as I was craving foods all the time.
I'm currently on day 10 (only had 1 vodka and diet coke a treat for getting a promotion at work and really wasn't bothered about it but fella said we had to celebrate) I am happy with the diet, feel confident about it feel success already. I can honestly the future looks bright!!!!!

hey hun,
i do ss+ and have done since the start and my losses are in my signature,i have had some great losses on ss+,its only meant to be a difference of 1-2lbs per month,
good luck with it,
elaine x

Back