what are people losing weight for???

popsicle

My motivation for losing weight is for a holiday of a lifetime to America in July. The thought of fat thighs rubbing together really spurs me on to stick to my diet. Does anyone else have any other reason???

Lots of reasons for me... mainly my wedding in september though!

for me and my family. I go into it a bit more in another thread which I've pasted below
My reasons?
My health, showing my kids to be healthier and not to let things slide as I have done.
Making me feel more confidant.
Being able to walk into a shop and buy clothing off the shelf.
Looking in the mirror and seeing who I should be instead of this person who is overweight and unhealthy looking.
I've been on WW pro points for a month now and lost the first stone, I still have about 6 to go to my final goal weight but I figure if i keep going and take it a week at a time, I will be there before I know it.
I want to be a good role model for my daughter. I read one of her friends facebook conversations the other day (with one of their friends, not my daughter) and they were obsessing with being fat. I nearly cried, 11 years old and not an ounce of fat on her. How can I show my daughter what is a comfortable and healthy weight to be at when I'm not there myself?

popsicle, everyone is like that in america though ;)

i just want to look better although i am using my holiday in mexico in september as the timescale, want to look great in my little bikini lol

I'm loosing weight because my wedding is in 7 weeks!!! I started on 18th August 2010 and I've lost 4st 4.5lbs, i want to get to 5stone for the wedding - I will get there!! :) x

For my wedding in July......can't wait!!
And for me, i feel better when i'm slimmer and eating healthier

to finally feel at peace with myself, im fed up of being so sad and unhappy. i dont want to give my children weight issues so im doing it now.... a meltdown on tues at work has given me a totally different perseption of my personal journey and why i NEED to do this. xx

I've been on a diet most of my life as I have always struggled with my weight as I love my food. I used to do it for myself 100% and I still do in someway or another, mainly because I want to look and feel good in fashionable clothes, but my main reason which I know it shouldnt be, is to prove to my bf that I can do this and I will be slim. I know even though he doesnt say it, that he looks at me and doesnt think I'm sexy or sometimes I dont think he even fancies me, that hurts and this I promise to myself will be my last time to prove to him and everyone else that makes comments about my weight shove it in their face!

I am heading towards retirement and I would like to enjoy it rather than being riddled with aches and pains due to excessive weight x

have always had a weight problem. would always put a stone on and then be able to lose it no problem. but 5 years ago had alot going on in my life, moved house, hubby and daughter suffer with depression and have had breakdowns. so my life was focused on looking after them, with the result i have put on 3 stone :eek: i also suffer with arthritis, so decided this year was for me to do something about getting the weight off :eek:

Great thread- I'm losing weight to be a good role model for my daughters, so I can reduce the risk of nasty diseases, to have more energy, to feel comfortable on holiday, to feel like 'me' again!

My sister is getting married nxt year and she wants me to be bridesmaid so I want to look nice in the pics (especially nxt to my 8 and a half stone sister)

I havent been happy about my weight for a while and this was just the kick up the bum I needed to get me going :)

I'm also going to Mexico this summer and would like to feel "thin" in my bikini! Started out this ww venture before booking a hol as the weight as slowly crept on since buying first house with OH last year! Mexico is now giving me extra motivation, whoop whoop!!

for me i had bought my first size 18 trousers for a wedding last June and thought,,never again am i buying another pair that size,,all my clothes now are size 12 and i actually like looking at myself now:D

I am going on as cruise in January and I would like to be at goal, I have just worked it out and I need to loose 1lb per week. That is very achievable. I have lost 2 1/2 stone since last June and I haven't been this small in about 10 years :))))

main reason is to stop feeling so awful about my size, and get my confidence back, other reason is because of the bad back I USED to get when walking with all this weight, I want to enjoy shopping with my daughter instead of dreading it cos I know I can't do the whole walking and standing for hrs.

My motivation is our holiday booked for September to Lanzorote, want to feel good in my clothes and not have all the worries about needing a seat belt extender (never needed one yet, just dread it) and to be able to go to theme parks and to know I can fit on the roads instead of pretending I'm scared :(

Back