what are people losing weight for???

For me it was to be a fitter and healthier mummy. I was obese when preg and that made me feel so blooming awful as I couldn't avoid the media headlines about the risks to my baby etc. As soon as my 2nd was born, I started ww the next day and over the next year and a bit lost just over 9 stone! In the last 18 months, a stone and a half has slipped back on - gutted! So determined to get back in control before more goes back on!

My main reason for wanting to lose weight is due to beginning to hate myself which shocked me last year. I am able to camouflage my size well but I'm tired of avoiding trends such as leggings and short skirts. I'm looking forward to having slim and toned arms, that's kind of how I'll know I've done it!!

My main reason is to be healthier as I have always been big. As me and my hubby are thinking of starting a family I would love to be healthier for my children. Also as a vain reason so I can look better and fit into nice clothes too. Fed up of baggy clothes in plain styles. I've currently lost 2st and 3 dress sizes and want to lose a further 3st and hopefully 2 or 3 dress sizes.

Go to mexico in 20 weeks.. and ive been on and off for the past month!! need to get my head in gear really cos I will regret it as soon as I get on that beach and being jealous of all the skinny girls in pretty bikinis!! xx

abi_shepherd said:
Have just been told off for commenting on a post in the Lipotrim thread. Oops!

Why???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hum why do i want to lose weight? so many reasons!!! want to be a good role model to my kids!!! i don't want them battling with weight when they grow up!!! i want to wear trendy cloths and feel womenly!! i'm only 23 but have never felt that way!!! since having my kids i had plummeted to nearly 17st!!! and although my partner loves me and my weight has never been an issue! i was starting to feel discusted with myself and hated the thought of him touching my FAT body and had to have the lights off lol!!! And i hate being over weight in the summer!!! Can't strip down, thighs rubbing together!!! ugh THIS IS MY YEAR!!!!!

abi_shepherd said:
Have just been told off for commenting on a post in the Lipotrim thread. Oops!

It wasn't because you commented it was the context of your post they objected to. You might not understand VLCDs but they DO work and you have to respect other peoples choices

If someone came on here and said WW wasn't a great diet and there's was better wouldn't you defend it ?

My reason is life. if i carry on the way i am i dont think id see 30. my daughter too, want to see her grow up to happy and healthy. To know its partly due to my influence. also for my mum as shes scared over my weight. shes lost her husband so doesnt need to bury her daughter before time. sorry if this is morbid but its how the weight has affected my life personally.

Mine is because my eldest starts school in September and I don't want her to be bullied because of my size. Also want my husband to be proud to be seen with me. He always says how lovely I look even when I was at my biggest (15.5st) but prefers me now over 4st lighter :)

Loser85 said:
My reason is life. if i carry on the way i am i dont think id see 30. my daughter too, want to see her grow up to happy and healthy. To know its partly due to my influence. also for my mum as shes scared over my weight. shes lost her husband so doesnt need to bury her daughter before time. sorry if this is morbid but its how the weight has affected my life personally.

Don't worry about how you sound, if it's how you feel you should say it. The very best of luck to you, you will be so happy you made the decision to lose weight.

My reason for losing weight is me :) i want to be back to the healthy me, i want to be off my medication for high blood pressure, i think the list is endless for most of us.
I have only been on pro points for 6 weeks just at day 2 of week 7 and i'm proud to say that i have lost 21 1/2ilbs in six weeks, i won;t lie, it has been very hard, many times i could of just gone to Morrisons and got that £1 family chocolate cream cake, had that extra large fish and chips from the chippy... but at the end of the day, i say say to myself who are you letting down, it's not my partner, it's not my family and friends it's me, and that is how i'm sticking to it :)
and togever on here, we can all give each other that extra motivation, as we are all in it for the same reason, and that is to lose weight :)

I've never been thin (not since about age 6 anyway) but have never really dieted or beaten myself up about it.

Lately I've been treated pretty badly at work, my confidence has been obliterated and I just feel like my life is going nowehere. I would like to find a new job but have no confidence to try. My best friend is always telling me to find something better and that I'm capable, but it's ok for him walking into a job interview when he's probably the best looking, fittest and most ripped bloke in the building :rolleyes:, as well as being clever and capable. When I walk into a job interview I can imagine their first judgement of me based on my size :(.

I just want to prove to myself that I can do something I put my mind to. I would love to be physically strong and capable. Plus, I may be generally healthy being fat at age 25 but it may not last forever unless I get off my backside now! Not to mention that never in my adult life have I been less than a size 18 and I would love to fit into a pair of designer jeans :cool:.

Back