What are the regular foods on your shopping list?

raquelscatt

I have rejoined SW after several failed attempts and aim to stick with it this time.

I try and food shop just once a week and want to stock up on lots of free foods, especially frozen and tinned, for convenience.

So what regular foods are on your shopping lists every week, need some suggestions whilst I am so motivated and possible meal ideas!!

Extra Lean Beef mince
Chicken breast fillets
Frylight
Eggs
Bacon
Low fat cheese
1% milk
Fat Free Yoghurts
Seasonal veg
Seasonal fruit
Beef Steaks
Babybels
Mushrooms
Baking Potatoes
Oxo Cubes
Spices
Frozen veg
Diet coke

Thats all i can think off from the top of my head - however there was a 'shopping list' thread which had pics on there, so i will try to track the link down for you as that can give you some more suggestions!

Found the link!!! hope this helps xxx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/182079-share-your-weekly-shopping.html
xxx

mullers, potatoes, mugshots and pasta n' sauces. I'm on green, and couldn't live without these!

Quorn Mince
Quorn Sausages
Wholemeal Nimble Bread
Low Low Cheese
Cottage cheese
Onions
Peppers
Chicken Breasts
Laughing Cow Light
Oranges
Melon
Cod
Haddock
Tinned Tuna

Eggs - omlettes, breakfast, snacks, quiche, pasta bakes
A whole chicken - I can joint and skin in in a few minutes, meaning I get 2 big breasts (aye aye!) and 2 legs for £3.50
Chicken legs - taste much better than breast meat (imho) and cheaper per kilo.
Cherry tomatoes - great for chucking into everything for 1/3 superfree, and a good snack
Carrots - grated, raw, sliced, soup
Baked beans - LOVE baked beans
Hovis Loaf - £1.50 for 2 at the moment at Asda and this tends to be my most used HEB
Potatoes - wedges, chips, soups, mash, baked, salad, "fried"
Fruit
Fresh veg BUT one different thing to try if it's not featured for a while, this week was celeriac, last week it was courgettes
Lentils - usually red, good for lentil curry, stew, soups
Cottage cheese - LOVE this and could eat it with a spoon out the tub
Cheddar - Im lazy and usually just buy the stuff presliced as its pre sliced into a 28g portion.
Chopped tomatoes - curries, sauces etc
Yoghurts - Mullers or whatevers on offer
Chicken/veg/ham stock cubes for risotto, soups, stews, seasoning
Tinned mackerel fillets in tomato sauce - a good thing to have over toast or a baker
A steak
A piece of fresh or frozen fish
Asda Chickpea dahl - try to pop a tin of this in for a speedy curry with added veg or chicken
Basmati/risotto rice - pick up one or the other alternatively for nice rice dishes
Cold meat - Salads, snacking, omlettes
Bacon - breakfast, through beans, wrapped around chicken, through pasta
Pork chops/fillet/gammon steak (2 gammon steaks for £1 in Sainsburys frozen)

What I also do, is pick a meal I like the look of on here and buy the stuff in for that. I find it helpful to roughly plan the week ahead. I.e Monday chicken, Tuesday beans on toast, Weds pork chop, Thurs Omlette and wedges, Fri curry night etc

About the cheese - to clarify - 10 slices of cheese in a 200g pack, so for a HEA I use 1.5 slices. I know this is 30g and over the 28g HEA allowance but I'm a rebel!

Last edited:
I could not live without my tinned tomatoes and chopped frozen onions, makes a quick base sauce in minutes for chillis,bolognese,casseroles, etc.

A whole chicken - I can joint and skin in in a few minutes, meaning I get 2 big breasts (aye aye!) and 2 legs for £3.50
etc

How easy is it to joint a chicken? Got to be cheaper then buying it in - especially when I can sometimes find them reduced in the evenings at something like £2/£2.50 each.

(actually - i'd love to be able to joint a rabbit too - have never eaten it but keep seeing it on sale but without knowing how to cut it down - afraid to buy it to give it a go).

Regular items on my shopping list:

Muller lights
Quorn (whatever may be on special - but always try to have sausages in the house regardless).
Mushy Peas
Baking Spuds
Chopped Tomatoes
Passata
New Potatoes
Leeks
Carrots (fresh, tinned or frozen)
Green beans.
Any meat/fish I can find in the reduced items cabinets for freezing that seems to be at an exceptional price (I hate paying full price for meat).
eggs
bacon
mushrooms
onions
Low fat cheese
apples
pasta
tinned tuna

I'd say about 80% of my meals can be conjured up by mixing that list up - if i fancy anything different - then i'll buy it in.

THis is very helpful as i am week one on EE and liking it, however i weighted myself and it looks like i have put on 1lb:eek: Is this normal until things settle? i really hope so as i have been quite good. My weigh in is Wednesday night and was hoping for a loss. maybe my portions are too big.

I did have wine on Friday and Sat night but i counted them in my syns.

Help please.

this morning i have had 3 rashers of v lean bacon with 1 slice of wholemeal and sliced tomatoes

i snacked on yellow plums and a banana.

I am about to have dinner of SW roast potatoes, chicken breast stuffed with garlic and herb cheese coated in couscous...a sort of kiev i hope.

I will likely have a mullerlight yogurt for desert and was planning on using some syns on an options hot choc and 2 rich teas.

:confused:

Mine is usually:
  • Chicken breasts
  • Quorn pieces
  • Extra lean beef mince
  • Random other meat (so fish, prawns, pork, steak or whatever is on offer)
  • leeks
  • courgettes
  • peppers
  • onions
  • scallions
  • mushrooms
  • potatoes
  • pasta
  • rice (brown basmati usually)
  • frozen berries
  • apples
  • oranges
  • bananas
  • pears
  • pineapple
  • yogurt (usually ww dessert and onken ff vanilla)
  • tinned tomatoes
  • mushy peas
  • baked beans
I think that's about it! :)

Cottage cheese
Skimmed milk
Laughing cow light triangles
Lots of fruit!
Salad
Ainsleys cous cous and rice packets
Fish
Lean mince
Chicken
Options sachets
Quark
Mini twister lollies!
Flora light
Noodles
Potatoes
Green beans, broccoli, courgettes
Onions
Quorn sausages
Dried pasta
Muller light

Probs more! I have a staple dish of cous cous onions quorn sausage and sweet chilli sauce... 1.5 syns :)

Absolute weekly staples, that my non-sw husband even knows to pick up for me if for any reason I'm not doing the shopping:
Butternut squash
Sweet potatoes
Baking potatoes
Pre-sliced red onion (lazy!)
Onken FF vanilla yogurt
Tons of mushrooms
Frozen, diced onion (see, lazy! lol)
Dried pasta and or couscous
Cheesy Pasta
Savoury rice
Tons n tons of eggs
Frozen berries

THis is very helpful as i am week one on EE and liking it, however i weighted myself and it looks like i have put on 1lb:eek: Is this normal until things settle? i really hope so as i have been quite good. My weigh in is Wednesday night and was hoping for a loss. maybe my portions are too big.

I did have wine on Friday and Sat night but i counted them in my syns.

Help please.

this morning i have had 3 rashers of v lean bacon with 1 slice of wholemeal and sliced tomatoes

i snacked on yellow plums and a banana.

I am about to have dinner of SW roast potatoes, chicken breast stuffed with garlic and herb cheese coated in couscous...a sort of kiev i hope.

I will likely have a mullerlight yogurt for desert and was planning on using some syns on an options hot choc and 2 rich teas.

:confused:
Hi there, sounds lovely, try snacking on ss foods like grapefruit,melon, and strawberries. They are supposed to whizz things along, but be prepared to be weeing all the time!!!!

Mine probably loos very boring because I am happy to more or less eat the same food every day

So it would be
Porridge , bananas , strawberries , apples , pears ...........prepared salads ( cheaper in the long run because iwould never get round to preparing it ) , cooked chicken ( lunch ) baking pots , new pots , v low fat mayo , fat free dressing , steak , eggs , muller lights , merengue nest, laughing cow cheese squares , ryvita

How easy is it to joint a chicken? Got to be cheaper then buying it in - especially when I can sometimes find them reduced in the evenings at something like £2/£2.50 each.

(actually - i'd love to be able to joint a rabbit too - have never eaten it but keep seeing it on sale but without knowing how to cut it down - afraid to buy it to give it a go).

Ian this is the video I watched, and I watched it once, and away i went. Its got English subtitles, but the video is very clear and theres NO meat left on the carcass.

First time I tried I got really good results but you need a good sharp knife.

Inside 5 minutes I had a skinned, portioned chicken and it was fairly easy. I found twisting the legs helped the joint "pop" so it was easier to cut through.

Sorry I didn't repy before now, only just seen your comment.

YouTube - How to cut up and skin a whole chicken

Back