What are the rules for flavoured water?

katieanna

You know, the kind that comes in those plastic bottles with the pretty designs?!

I tend to enjoy 'Thiswater', but there is also 'Vitamin water' and others.

It doesn't seem like water should be syns, but I'm sure it must be! Does anyone know how many though..?

katieanna said:
You know, the kind that comes in those plastic bottles with the pretty designs?!

I tend to enjoy 'Thiswater', but there is also 'Vitamin water' and others.

It doesn't seem like water should be syns, but I'm sure it must be! Does anyone know how many though..?

It's all to do with cals I think, if it's less than 5cals a bottle then I think you class it as free x I might be wrong-and I'm sure if I am someone who knows the correct answer will tell you x

I think you are right there Welshtigger. Our consultant said if its only a few cals then its free, think she said something like less than 1cal per 100ml is free or something like that, but not 100% sure on the exact amount

Just read the calories, its 1 syn per 20 calories, so if its negligible calories its free, if it adds up to name a number divisibly by 20 then you gotta count them as syns ;)

It's all to do with cals I think, if it's less than 5cals a bottle then I think you class it as free x I might be wrong-and I'm sure if I am someone who knows the correct answer will tell you x

Good to know always steered clear of these as didn't really know x :)

Because some have sugar in them and some don't, it is one of those things where it is essential to turn the bottle round and read the label - not always easy to do; I had to get a magnifying glass out the other day!

Ignore anything that is said on the front - low this, natural that - it is all irrelevant. Like so many things in this life, it's the small print that counts!

Back