What are u looking forward to?

I would love to be able to get into a pair of wellies! As daft as it sounds i can not for the life of me, fit into a pair of wellies. My step dad works on a diary farm, and every time i visit him and my mum, i go and see the cows, and last week was fortunate enough to see a calfing, however i had to wear my trainers, and practically ruined them. So wearing wellies would make my life much easier. I went to primark and they wouldnt go up my legs, but im a size 14-16 , why wont they go over them :(

I really relate to this! I remember sitting in tears outside a Peacocks store once because I couldn't get their wellies on. I was about a size 16 and it simply never occurred to me I would have trouble getting them on. I felt so so deflated. I am looking forward to some decent wellies too!

Im looking forward to when people start asking "Are u losing weight?" And being able to answer yes.

Happend to me the other day, was a good feeling :)

Well done on making the century club james. :happy096: Its a brillant achievement.

I have trouble with all sorts of boots. Once bought some over the knee boots (when they were in fashion a couple of years ago) can get them to just under my knee. Say hello to my ruched knee boots!

I just want to be able to shop where I want and wear what I want.

I surf THE OUTNET | Discount designer fashion outlet | Designer womenswear and accessories a lot. They sell pretty cheap designer clothes. there's so much on there I can afford but most of the brands only go up to a size 12!

The last pair of wellies I bought had to be cut with a pair of scissors at the top and I was just a size 16-18 on my body!
Things I can't wait for-
Less awkward sex! Feeling good enough to be called someones girlfriend, feeling good enough to wear something fashionable without thinking I look like a bloke in drag (theres something about overweight women wherein they look less feminine and more mannish the more chins they get!) I'm looking forward to sitting in a restaurant eating without feeling like everyones thinking I should have ordered a salad! Trying on new clothes and getting into more yoga positions =D
Most of all- I'm looking forward to eating a regular amount of food, enough to maintain the weight I am and not worrying about losing weight!!! :D Xx

I would like to not feel invisible any more (Ironic really when i was the biggest thing in the room!)

I would also like to buy "clingy" stuff! My entire life if i picked something up that was the wrong material all i could hear in my head was my mums voice going, you cant wear that, its clingy!

I also have an image of myself in skinny jeans and a white vest top. I cannot WAIT to be able to wear that and look goooood! hehe

x

I would like to not feel invisible any more (Ironic really when i was the biggest thing in the room!)

I would also like to buy "clingy" stuff! My entire life if i picked something up that was the wrong material all i could hear in my head was my mums voice going, you cant wear that, its clingy!

I also have an image of myself in skinny jeans and a white vest top. I cannot WAIT to be able to wear that and look goooood! hehe

x

That's really funny you should say that, because my mental motivation image is a photograph of me when I was at my slimmest, looking very nice in skinny jeans and a white vest top! I remember feeling so good that day...

I can't wait to shop in Topshop, I dont even like most of their stuff but it's the principle of the thing!

Mine is definitely to lose my obsession with food, my weight and my body. I know I will get to my goal weight, tone up and set myself further goals but I wonder whether I will ever be satisfied? I always feel my efforts are not good enough, that I need to do more..this drives me on but it is very irksome at the same time!

Hope I haven't dampened the positive mood of the thread but this question has got me thinking!

dietgirl24 - I absolutely understand - I am looking forward to having a good relationship with food and a better relationship with myself. Those changes will take the longest but need tackling just as much as the fat does! I also worry I will never be happy but part of my journey is learning to be realistic.

Thanks morrigan...yes I have that same fear too, that I won't be happy. Logically, I know that I can make my own happiness and success. I also know that it's a bit of an assumption to make about the future, that I don't know what will happen in the future but yes, I still have that fear..What works for me is saying that I'm going to make it whatever I want to be, you know? That if I want to be happy, it's up to me! This thought is very empowering for me and definitely makes me feel better as my attitude to life is within my control x

Yes, that is so right! I have never succeeded at anything like this before in my life and one of the biggest parts of that was learning that I am the only person who can make these changes. I am in charge of my own future, my own body and my own happiness. I can do this and ONLY I can do this. In the same way I never got big through anything other than MY choices. You are so right, it's incredibly powerful. It's sort of daunting but at the same time extremely exciting. Letting ourselves be happy is a big step when we spend so much time hating ourselves x

Dietgirl you sound just like me! I found my 'centre' a few years back and the mirror is the only thing that stops me feeling great- I feel alive, strong, healthy and wise but i look in the mirror and my body doesnt match my mind- my body is over-indulgence, lack of willpower and eventually dangerous to my health.. we're all trying to find the girl in the mirror that reflects who we really are and when we've got it the worlds our osyter =) Xx

Picking up a size 10 or 12 off the rail and having it fit.

That's never happened before, so really looking forward to that!

I love this thread! =D

To be able to walk confidently and not shy away from taking pictures!

I've noticed in every picture of mine, I'm either the one taking the picture or the one hiding behind someone to hide my "fat".

Also, a few days ago I went to a high class store (stupid me) and bought a size 14 and the woman serving me kind of gave me that smile, I don't know how to explain it, it's like a smile when you know someone's fat and you think that's the only size they'll ever fit into, or even that size is too small... :( needless to say she was a skinny minny herself! :( So, I'm also looking foward to wearing clothes without feeling ashamed or the need to try them on incase they wont fit!

Also, I tried some OLD PJ's on the other day and as I observed how I looked in them, my legs are sooooo UNTONED! They are literally like jelly, disgusting! Also looking foward to a more toned body!

I am looking forward to improving my mental health.

I am clinically depressed and carrying all this extra weight around with me makes me feel miserable and worthless, so anything I can do to improve that has to help.

Ooo I like this thread, I am looking forward to being able to pick up a size 12 :) also having a toned tummy as at the minute its wobbly and untoned!

I want a flat stomach and I want to be toned. I want people to see me as fit and healthy as well as thin.

Being able to wear the clothes I like without worrying that they are not flattering. I have just hit my 'threshold', the tip between being pudgy looking and slim and more clothes look good on me now, but the effect will be even more when I've lost a bit more.

Back