What are we eating today?

Good morning all. Today is:

11 am Shake (got up late after a lie in)
1pm Coffee and curly wurly
3pm Shake
5pm CupaSoup thingy
8pm Left over beef curry (its quite nice but not great) and rice with some veg curry.

I'm trying the curry recipes so that I don't get bored with same old stuff. I made enough for 6 - TT (terrible teenager) had 2 portions, me had 1 and I made up 3 ready meals of rice and curry in individual portions for the freezer. Left a mere scraping so I'll pad that out with trying a new veg curry recipe.

Out with dog in a minute - keep saying I'm going to do more exercise but the online poker seduces me at 6pm each night and then the evening just fades away. Its just that a part of my income comes from playing and I love it but I still try to have at least one day poker-free each week (well, not counting reading about it and watching it).

Hope you are all having a slim-fastic day. xx

Morning!!

S- highlights choc mocha
B- US meal bar
L- Shake
S- WW mini cheese biccis
D- 1 chappati with Saag ( home made spinich curry)

Morning!

S- expresso choc (vending machine made with water im hoping its not too bad!)

B- US bar
L- Shake
S- cupa soup or oatabix bar#
D- Lentils and boild white rice.

Dinners for this week:

Monday - Lentils and boiled rice
Tuesday - Lentils and Boiled rice
Wednesday - Jack, cottage cheese, tuna mayo
Thursday - Mixed Vegtables, chicken breast, Cottage cheese, sauce
Friday - 2 toast, spicy beans, 2 pouched eggs
Saturday - Veg, chicken, cottage cheese, sauce
Sunday - Lentils and chappati

This its easier making up the menu for the week! if the menu changes i will update! Brekki and lunch are usually shakes and snacks are yogart, cereal bars or hot drinks!

Hi guys, hope you are all ok. STS this week due to excess of pizza on Monday nite. Stupid really whilst also delicious. I was really down about it on Tuesday but I've tried to boost myself up to stick with it and not be too fed up. Just don't know why I had to eat sooooooo much.

Anyhoo this week been very careful and had two good days. Sticking to Slimfast and snacks mainly without bothering with an evening meal. Hopefully this will compensate a bit for the overeating. Not a long term plan just a quick fix.

Hope you are all doing well and managing ok. xx

Hey judith!

how ur doing ok hun! i dont think u should skip ur meals as ur body will go in to starvation mode and u wont lose that way anyway! Why not just have EXRTA healthy evening meals? also something that will flush out ur system faster? home made soup maybe?

Hi there you lovely slimfasters.

Only skipped evening meal for two days and used snacks to graze through the day to a total of about 1100 cals each day. But yesterday had vegetable rice and braised pork chop and 2 shakes. Today its 2 shakes and a bacon sandwich (not really a main meal but really fancy it). I've bought some falafals and pitta bread so this will be for tomorrow. I've decided that how I define "main meal" will vary so that I can incorporate certain foods like a sandwich or breakfast when I really fancy them.

Hope you are all doing ok. x

Food this week

Monday- shake, small portion of keema rice, chicken breast burger in a pitta AND chappati and chicken curry! (this was an off day!!lol)

Tuesday-Chicken, Veg, Mash and ketchup
Wed- Lentils and white rice
Thurs- Lentils and white rice
Fri- Lentils and chappati
Sat - Tuna pasta
Sun- Veg chicken mash and ketchup

Pretty boringt his week but i was away on the weekend in london and didnt manage to have the correct calories but did still have my shakes! Didnt get any shopping done so will have to live on the food i have at home! This week having meal bar for brekki and shake at lunch then my dinner.. Snacks will be cereal bars and whatever else i can find less than 100 cals at work! On 11.30- 8pm shift at work so its weird timing! No skim milk at home so will have to make do with semi skim at work.

Hi,

I've been making some home-made curries and boxing them up in the freezer with a portion of rice. So I should never get the urge for "instant" food and grab whatever is there. I'm beginning to realize that part of my problem is portion size and i need to pad out food with more veg. But I'm back to cooking one meal for my Terrible Teenager and one for me which is more fuss than I really want so faffing with carrots and cabbage seems too much effort. I'm away this weekend (playing poker again) but next week I might try to be really strict and see if I can give the weight loss a boost. Sona, what do you do with lentils to make them tasty?

xx

Lentils:

1 cup lentils - dry
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chillies
0.5 teaspoon haldi (its yellow i dont remember the english name)
2 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon garam masala
chopped corriander
5 bits of garlic crushed
2-3 pints of water.

wash the lentils

Set to boil in the water, salt, chillies, haldi...
turn the heat down when they are at boiling point and simmer for 1-1.5 hours... let it realllly mash up...

In a pan add oil, garlic and slowly fry this.... ( only prepare this when lentils are pretty much mashed and watery instead of bitsy)

Add the oil and fried garlic to lentils (this will cause a fizz)

simmer further for about 30-45 mins.. dont let the lentils thicken too much.

add the garma masala and corriander.

This makes about 4 servings maybe more..
great with boiled rice and 1 tablespoon of greek low fat yogart.
VERY filling.

150g cooked lentils - 189 cals
200g cooked rice - 340 cals (possibly less)
1/4 of a cup of greek yogart (1 table spoon heaped) - 13cals

= 542 Kcal for this meal.

these are figures from fitness pal. I think they are about fair. Althugh i dont use any butter on my rice and dont know how the rice on these was prepared... lentils are supposed to be low in cals.

Thanks for recipe Sona - haldi is turmeric in English. I'll give this a go. x

Today

Highlights
Shake
shake
Walkers french fries
White rice, lentils and some keema (mince)
30 mins at the gym after work aiming for 200 cals +

Last edited:
Cafe shake about 10
Chocolate shake about 2 (def not as nice as cafe latte)
Chocolate bar and coffee at 4.30
Meal later will probably be a Filo parcel filled with cheese and mushrooms and veg on side.
Going out and will take 2 ltr bottle of diet pepsi to guzzle.
Exercise was walking the dog and housework.

Vanilla shake for breakfast, banana shake for lunch and 2 WW cookies (100 calories for the 2 and theyre delicious!), jacket potato with some tuna and a bag of the sour cream pretzels.
Exercise was half an hour on the Wii Fit!
I'm still really hungry though for some reason, i'm trying to fill up on water but I think I may cave later and have another snack, eeeep.

So far I had light choices bar from tescos 80 calories

Boiled egg 80 calories with Broccoli- 40 calories and tuna spread about 80 calories- it was only a tablespoon.

So far 280 calories!!! My boyfriend's brother birthday party is tonight, curry is on the menu...:( no alcohol for me..

Vanilla shake for breakfast, vanilla shake for lunch with carrot sticks and hummus and mango and melon (both snacks came to just under 100 calories - though I left the mango as I didn't like it)
Dinner was a curry ready meal - 347 calories, and a delicious chocolate muffin mousse desert, 165 calories.

Also walked 4 miles today, to and from work, I am very proud of myself for doing it even though I was hating it at the time! :D

Today is sort of looking like this for me:

B - Strawberry Shake
L - Not sure whether it will be a shake or slim fast bar (aint decided yet)
S - Bowl of salad and/or fruit salad prepacked while I watch Avatar this afternoon.
D - Low fat chicken dinner with extra veg on the side.

That's the plan anyway but got to go shopping to tescos first ;)

mine today is

cafe latte ultra slim for brekkie
snack bar
caffe latte for lunch
slimfast sour cream and chives pretzals snack
carrot and corriander soup for dinner with a torpedo roll :) yummy made the soup my self
have also made some leek and potato soup this week to and froze it all

Today has been good so far:

B - Cafe Latte Shake
L - Strawberry Shake
S - Chocolate Caramel Bar
D - Weight Watchers Chilli & Wedges with a side salad.

Back