What are you eating today - Tuesday 7th

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
I thought it would be nice to continue exchange our food plans. Please any comments would be welcomed. I'm doing 1,000 ish low carb days Mon, Wed and Fri, and nearer 1,400 higher carb the other four days. (I was given a truck load of plums this weekend, so they figure highly in my menus!)

B: 6oz plums (80)
1oz Fitnesse cereal + skimmed milk (150)
2oz homemade muesli (250?)

= 480

L: 5oz grilled chicken (225)
+ steamed carrots, parsnips and green beans (50)
1 low fat yoghurt (55)
6oz plums (80)
= 410

Snack later: 1 peach, 1 apricot (50)

D: 3 homemade lean grilled sausages
+ undressed salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, beetroot, spring onions) plus spoonful coleslaw
= 400?

TOTAL: 1,340 ish

3L water (glug glug)

I'm back onto calorie counting today after trying but not succeeding with ligheterlife, it just didn't suit me, anyway for today I'm having:

Breakfast - Mullerlight layers yogurt

Snack - Pieces of carrot and cucumber

Lunch - 2 x slices fresh turkey breast and salad
Mullerlight layers yogurt

Snack - Cherries and strawberries

Dinner - Chicken and veg stir fry

Drinks - min 2 ltrs water

Have a great day

Jennie xx:)

Jennie, what are the calories in the Muller yogurts? I am always looking for low calorie yogurts (around 50-60 per pot), I'm getting fed up with Weight Watchers ones.

Joanne, how do you estimate the calories in fruit? Berries and grapes are fine because you can weigh them but I bought a punnet of small nectarines - I'm guessing they are about 40cals each but really not sure - I try to keep them for UDs so I don't need to know. I need a better calorie counting book I think.

Joanne, how do you estimate the calories in fruit? Berries and grapes are fine because you can weigh them but I bought a punnet of small nectarines - I'm guessing they are about 40cals each but really not sure - I try to keep them for UDs so I don't need to know. I need a better calorie counting book I think.

Hi Clairejen,

According to my calorie book nectarines per ounce, 11 cals flesh only, or 10 cals with stone. Hope this is of help. :)

Hi,

Todays diary

Breakfast WW yoghurt 50 cals.

Lunch - meeting up with friends for buffet lunch, it serves Italian, Indain, Chinese and Thai. Must remember it is all you want to eat, not all you can eat for £6.00 :D

Not really a good day to be doing it, as I have the dentist later, sure he will love onion bhaji breath!! Then weigh in tonight!

I think it's quite hard to guestimate quite a few things, which is why I always work in a bit of leeway just in case... My calorie book gives "average size piece of fruit" calories which helps.

I wish I could get Muller lite yoghurts over here. I've heard lots of good things about them.

For now I'll stick to my 50 calorie low calorie fruit yoghurts but, once back at target, they're going to go as they're probably full of aspartame and other nasties! I am trying to get onto healthier foods, not aspartame filled substitutes, so they will definitely go! But, for now, they help when nice fruits aren't around... (and then kind country people gave me all these plums!)

The Mulleright Layers yoghurts are about 90 calories, they are probably a bit more that WW ones but there is a lot more in them, the new layers ones are lovely.
For the fruit I'm also subscribed to the weight loss resources website and if you enter anything in the food diary that will tell you how many cals is in it, makes it all v easy
:)

I am trying to get onto healthier foods, not aspartame filled substitutes, so they will definitely go!

You want to see what's in the WW yoghurts:eek::eek::eek: Like a stock list for the ICI factory. Disgusting too.

Mullers taste better. They still have aspartame and other crap, but it doesn't quite read like the periodic table of elements like others do:)

I prefer the real thing, but I'm not low caling, so can indulge. I probably have a smaller amount though? Possibly.

Thanks everyone, I weighed a sample fruit and it was 4oz, so 40cals by Holly's book, which since they are small is in line with Karion's 60cals for an average size. I haven't read the WW yogurt pots, I'll wait till I've finished them in case it puts me off, would hate to bin them at that price. I do find mixing my own fruit and fromage frais works out low calorie but isn't as quick as grabbing a pot out of the fridge. I'd like to try the Muller layers, at the moment 90 cals is a bit high when I'm only having 470 on a DD.

I am with Clairejen, don't want to read the side of the WW pots in case it puts me off, the toffee and vanilla ones are the only ones I eat, plus muller lite vanilla and lemon cheesecake, as they are smooth with no bits!
Are there 'bits' in the layers yogurt?

It's the same with most pre-packaged foods. Once you start reading the labels, you stop buying the foods! I'll go along with the yoghurts for now but I stopped ready meals etc long ago after seeing what went into them! Even shop made muesli is full of sugar and things I don't think it need be. Mine stays fresh quite a while so why put all those E numbers in it that I don't?!!

Back