What are you looking forward to as you are losing weight?

OneDeterminedChick

Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN
Personally I have a huge list.......

Here's a few.....

I'd luv to be able to go into "normal" clothes shops and buy up to the minute styles without breaking the bank on one outfit.

To go on holiday and not worry if the seatbelt on the plane is going to fasten or not.

To get up from my sunlounger and go to the bar without covering up.

To wear gorgeous, sexy high heels and knee high boots.

To walk into a room and turn heads for the right reason!!lol

To luv myself as much as my husband does.

etc etc....

Curious to see what others are looking for.....dont be shy..

Linz..xx

Although I have only 25lbs off so far I was able to walk into a high street shop last week and buy myself a couple of new shirts and ties. It felt brilliant to not have to depend on my usual "for fat and tall people" store, where I usually have to do my shopping online!

I also have a work seminar to go to in London in March and the whole airplane seat thing will hopefully not be as embarrassing as it has been in the past, so much so that I have avoided aeroplanes like the plague in the past few years.

I have to say though that the biggest thing for me so far has to be the way I feel about myself, not what other people think of me.

hi

well i have lots to list too

but a few are

walk down the aisle feeling good about myself my nightmare is to be a fat bride!! ( i know that sounds horrible sorry) also no date set yet so iv got plenty of time ;-)

to feel healthy again

to feel better about myself in the b*dr**m with oh (slightly rude again sorry guys)

to go on a night out in nice clothes and not feel like the fat girl in the bar

and of course to be happy with myself and feel pretty

Hi guys, i'm sure we'll all get to our goals and can keep each other going on the way.

Well done to both of you on your journey so far..x

Heres mine:

To fit into my dream dress, I have it picked and I know they have my size as I am, but I want a smaller size! I have until march to order!

To buy 'normal' size clothes, not having to go to the plus size sections, or plus size shops

Wear a bikini on my honeymoon, and not give two damns about wobbly bits

To have the energy to run about with my little boy, He's not even crawling yet but we'll get there!

Mine is also not to feel conscious with OH.....

To buy clothes under a size 16 (british average size)

To not have to go thru my friends camera and delete the fat looking ones....

Not feel concious in swimwear....

and many same as mentioned above! x

To feel fitter and healthier with no aches and pains. Oh and to start going back to theme parks as I was terrified I wouldn't be allowed on the rides so have avoided them for ten years!!!

Oooo, yeah the theme parks for me too, I used to luv going and can't wait to go back to alton towers and go on every ride! Although it's been that long i'd prob have a heartattack or something!!!lol.x

Hi,

What a great thread!!

Mines are -

To wear high heels

To not have to always cover my arms

To not have to go to parties and friends houses and sit in my jacket all night.

To not be in tears due to fat photos.

To be able to wear vest top and shorts around the house and to bed.

To not having to get my friends to pay for my clothes in the "fat shops" because i'm too embarrased about the sizes.

To go on a night out and not spend the whole night wishing that i'd made more effort to lose weight.

To not be jealous of any female smaller than me

God my list could go on forever, its interesting to think about it, as i've never realised before how much it changes your life when your overweight.

:)

Hi,

What a great thread!!

Mines are -

To wear high heels

To not have to always cover my arms

To not have to go to parties and friends houses and sit in my jacket all night.

To not be in tears due to fat photos.

To be able to wear vest top and shorts around the house and to bed.

To not having to get my friends to pay for my clothes in the "fat shops" because i'm too embarrased about the sizes.

To go on a night out and not spend the whole night wishing that i'd made more effort to lose weight.

To not be jealous of any female smaller than me

God my list could go on forever, its interesting to think about it, as i've never realised before how much it changes your life when your overweight.

I did that at a party on saturday =[ didn't help that im a size 18 and the adverage girl there was about a 10!

Love this thread!

Mine are:

To be healthy and teach myself a better way of life with food.

To be able to buy clothes in any shop I like.

To get my BMI under 30 (it's 33 at the moment) and be 'overweight' - not obese.

To feel good about how I look.

I want my fiance to be proud of me

I want to be able to go into "normal" clothes shops and not depend on new look, simply be and evans

I want to be able to do things with my friends without ending up all sweaty and embarrassed

I want to wear skirts

I want to turn heads

I want to return to Irish Dancing

I want some confidence

To be able to cut my toenails easier
buy a dress
high heels
long boots
& then i am going to buy a mirror whenever anyone comes to my house they mention the lack of mirrors
Self confidence I am seriously lacking that

I'm looking forward to lots of things. Mainly looking forward to my face looking nice again. Alot of people's faces look ok, but my weight gain made my face look bad. So that's the main one for me, to be able to smile nicely for a photo again, without having a fat face. I think the next would be to buy clothes from the shops I love. The next is really to feel comfortable sat on the plane, without feeling fat, and struggling with the tray and belt. There are many more things, but these are the main ones.

Ooh, good thread. Here's mine...

- to not feel uncomfortable in my clothes because they're too tight
- to be able to go out with my DH and his mates and not feel like someone's old, fat mum
- to be able to go into any shop and buy clothes
- to be able to stand naked in front of the mirror without wincing

Oh yes, and to be able to see my feet rather than my huge bosoms which always seem to be looming out at me!

After reading the replies on here I am amazed how many people have the same trouble as me on planes. It is so embarrassing when you have to eat your meal off your lap because the table doesn't come down level because it's hitting your belly. This is probably one of the most embarrassing things that has happened to me, that and the fact that the hostess says she cant see my seatbelt because it's under my belly. The next time I go on a plane (hopefully March next year) i'm gonna make sure I have lost enough weight to have a comfortable journey.

I haven't been on a plane since I was a child but I certainly wont be going now until I'm happy with my weight!!! Scary stuff!

I'm so glad I started this thread and thanks everyone for being so open and honest.

The plane is my biggest fear everytime I go on hol and I love my holidays. I feel so sorry for my hubby cos he gets the brunt of it!! All the times i've been i've squeezed myself in with the belt and only once had to ask for an extender and was utterly embarrased but a hell of a lot more comfortable!!

I've yet to eat my meal comfortably from my tray and I always use hubby's to sit my drinks etc on! But we're booked for 2 weeks away in Sept next year and I hope to be comfortable and wearing some lovely summer clothes for a change!.x

Keep them coming guys and thanks again.x

God...loads...I've got some of my initial ones! :D

But still have...

Not to have to fit outfits around my STUPID body shape :mad:

Accept male attention :rolleyes: (really not good at that)

Prove to myself, and others it is possible :D

This list could go on forever LOL

Oh also the swimwear thing...as my friends are all skinny B**chs :p

Back