what are you reading?

I've just ordered all of Karin Slaughters books from the library, after a friebd recommended them will pick them up Monday!

I love all of the Karin Slaughter books - they're a fab read!

If you like them then it would be worth you trying the books by Karen Rose, Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen and Patricia Cornwell - all of which are fab! :)

I'm reading a Karen Rose book at the moment, You Belong To Me. It's very good!

I am re-reading The Lord of the Rings. I do it once a year and still find something new in it.

Recently read The Gargoylr by Andrew Davidson and it was FANTASTIC. Not at all what Iwas expecting but just amazing

laura4988 said:
Iv read this too, though it was a while ago. Found it extremely interesting.
Current reading touched by angels by Peggy Webb, though I don't know how much longer I'm going to be bothering though!

Have you read The Ice Man about Richard Kuklinski? Fan-bloody-tastic!

I have just recently read Game Of Thrones, Great TV show but even better book, I got the film tie in book so print was quite big, I have the second book ready to read but the print is tiny so it's putting me off

I'm just starting the third one in the series. i considered buying the books but as you say the print size was really small. So opted for the Kindle option, even though it was a bit more expensive.

David Eddings would be a great read for a young lad. Start with the 'Belgariad' it has a young lad - Garion as the main character and the book follows his development, easy to identify with and great supporting characters, follow on with the 'Mallorean', it continues his story, 10 books in total, keep him quite for a few weeks.

HI Also try Angie Sage - Septimus Heap series about a wizard about 8 books now, also a cool web page

Am a big fan of the Urban Fantasy vampire/werewolf etc. can recommend following authors Ilona Andrews, Kim Harrison and Carrie Vaughn - Midnight Hour series.

Also a big fan of Janet Evanovich her Stephany Plum series waiting for no.18 to come out in Nov.

I'm just working my way through a few crime and mystery novels that I downloaded for my kindle for free - not sure of the titles and authors, I just tend to download them if they're free and give them a go!

Note: Have just checked and the current one is Deadly Sanctuary by Sylvia Nobel.

The next one to be read after that will be Insurrection by Robyn Young.

I'm currently reading "the winter of our disconnect" - by Susan someoneorother! Trying to wean myself of my use of the laptop and facebook, why I keep checking it I don't know. I need to ration my time and thought this might help me!!

I also have A thousand Splendid Suns by Khalied Hossein (writer of The Kite Runner). I really want to get into this but keep putting it off!

I am anxiously awaiting the next instalment in Simon Scarrow's The Eagle series - Praetorian is due for release late 2011 and I can't wait!

Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell is also due for release later this year and that will be a deffo purchase for the kindle when it's released.

I tend to download all the free ones for just general reading and then treat myself to a full-priced one every now and again when they are my fave authors!

I've just read wideacre by Phillips gregory. I finished part 2- the favoured child and I'm about to start part 3. The last of the trilogy. Loving it so far.

I love all of the Karin Slaughter books - they're a fab read!

If you like them then it would be worth you trying the books by Karen Rose, Kathy Reichs, Tess Gerritsen and Patricia Cornwell - all of which are fab! :)

I'm reading a Karen Rose book at the moment, You Belong To Me. It's very good!

totally agree, just downloaded all the Tess Gerristen Rizzoli & Isles novels, onto book 4 now

"love my Sony E-reader"

Just read The Help by Kathryn Stockett for reading group. All 7 of us loved it which has only ever happened once before six years ago with "we need to talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver. The Help is set in 1960's Missippi amid the civil rights movement. One woman bravely starts a project which shakes her community to the core.

I am currently reading Clan of the Cave Bears by Jean M Auel, i first read this 25 years ago and have got all of the books in the series, i got her last book when it was released earlier this year- but wanted to read all of the others again before i start the new one.

It takes her years to write each book.

jaylou said:
I'm currently reading "the winter of our disconnect" - by Susan someoneorother! Trying to wean myself of my use of the laptop and facebook, why I keep checking it I don't know. I need to ration my time and thought this might help me!!

I also have A thousand Splendid Suns by Khalied Hossein (writer of The Kite Runner). I really want to get into this but keep putting it off!

I think I'm alone in not liking A thousand Splendid Suns!

I have become addicted to Jodi Picoult Books. My daughter had loads and I never thought they were my sort of book. Reading almost one a week at the moment!
Love the way she writes:)

I love Jodi picault - really makes you think from every angle. I'm currently rereading the last Harry potter, to get me through the days of waiting for baby at the moment (was due on Friday)

I've just started "Lessons in Laughing Outloud" by Rowan Coleman. I love her books, they make you feel like you really know the characters. I'm alwaes picking up books whenever I see deals etc. My kids are into books too, particularly my eldest, who is 11 on Sunday. Part of his presents from us are books 2 and 3 of Skulduggery Pleasent and my mum's bought him the Lord of the Rings trilogy, which will keep him going for a few weeks! He read Harry Potter 1-5 over the 6 weeks holidays!!

My reading matter at present is really light stuff. I have just discovered Lesley Pearse and in the last week have read Secrets and am now half way through Stolen.

As I said really light stuff that needs very little concentration.

I am currently reading Clan of the Cave Bears by Jean M Auel, i first read this 25 years ago and have got all of the books in the series, i got her last book when it was released earlier this year- but wanted to read all of the others again before i start the new one.

It takes her years to write each book.

excellent series of books....although some bits do get a bit repetative. i first read these about 10 years ago and have re-read the whole lot about 3 times since.

i restarted the twilight series from the beginning yesterday.

saving up for a kindle....cant wait to get one!

excellent series of books....although some bits do get a bit repetative. i first read these about 10 years ago and have re-read the whole lot about 3 times since.

i restarted the twilight series from the beginning yesterday.

saving up for a kindle....cant wait to get one!

They have a new kindle coming out soon...£89 compared to £109! Woo! xx

A really good book to read for anyone who has struggled with weight and loves a good chick flick is You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning.
It is a warm funny book that i really enjoyed and every girly pal i have lent it to loves it.
Its about a girl who wants to lose weight and get the man of her dreams and basically uses another man at his agreement to boost her confidence. A great book for anyone who has tried to date and slim at the same time.

Back