what are you reading?

Stoo

loves to eat and drink...
As tv is full of the usual rubbish, what books are you reading and would recommend.
I have just finished reading 'The Surgeon' by Tess Gerritsen, have started ;The apprentice' well worth the read. Gory but interesting

I'm reading 'dear coca cola' on my spanking new kindle!!!

It's hilarious! This guy basically writes the stupidest of complaints to all the bog companies, and it's his letters and their replies!!

Excellent!

I'm reading 'dear coca cola' on my spanking new kindle!!!

It's hilarious! This guy basically writes the stupidest of complaints to all the bog companies, and it's his letters and their replies!!

Excellent!

I'll for this, can put onto my ereader thanks

i am reading run for your life james patterson good so far x

Just re-read what I wrote.

Ahem! Obviously I meant big companies and not 'bog'!! Bloody iPhone!!

Shame you can't swap and share digital books!
You can! ;) there are ways and means if you ask around.

I'm reading Wilt, by Tom sharpe and have several others on the go and switch from one to the other depending on mood. The Kindle is great for this.

Thanks for the Coca Cola rec - Terry Ravenscroft looks to have some cracking comedies on there - cheap too!

Last edited:
Just finished JINGO by Terry Pratchett for the millionth time - I adore Terry Pratchett :)

About to start THE VESUVIUS CLUB by Mark Gatiss - about an Edwardian secret agent. Sounds great fun, so fingers crossed it's good!

Just re-read what I wrote.

Ahem! Obviously I meant big companies and not 'bog'!! Bloody iPhone!!

Shame you can't swap and share digital books!

you can. using calibre instead of the software supplied with kindle/sony etc you can resave the books to different formats and save them to your hard drive. then send them where you want.

Stoo said:
you can. using calibre instead of the software supplied with kindle/sony etc you can resave the books to different formats and save them to your hard drive. then send them where you want.

Ah.... Thank you!

Will have a play around! x

I'm a big twilight fan but never managed to finish the last book! I'm halfway through it now after restarting! Hope to be finished by end of the month then have 2 rugby league autobiographies and Dannii Minogue's autobiography to read too!

Women's room by Marilyn French - its for book club.
Thud by terry pratchett - for me!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Now reading Karl pilkingtons travel diaries from an idiot abroad.

Hilarious reading!

I can't wait for 2 to come out!

Love Carl!!! Just did my weekly charity shop round this morning to pick up some more chick lits - I'm now reading " Meet me at the Cupcake Cafe" by Jenny Colgan xxx

Started the series 'A song of fire and ice' by George RR Martin after finally getting round to watching Game of Thrones.
So i'm on Book 1 - 'a Game of thrones' and it's amazing. If you like the fantasy genre you'll adore this (it almost beats out my all time fav author David Eddings).

And at work (lunchtime) i'm reading 'How to be Woman' by Caitlin Moran which is part autobiography part feminist rant part observational and very very funny.

xx

I've just ordered all of Karin Slaughters books from the library, after a friebd recommended them will pick them up Monday!

I am a kindle devotee. Currently reading Tony Curtis autobiography American Prince. It's an excellent read. Tried Jodie Picoult recently but really struggled with her writing style. I didn't hold my attention

Started the series 'A song of fire and ice' by George RR Martin after finally getting round to watching Game of Thrones.
So i'm on Book 1 - 'a Game of thrones' and it's amazing. If you like the fantasy genre you'll adore this (it almost beats out my all time fav author David Eddings).

And at work (lunchtime) i'm reading 'How to be Woman' by Caitlin Moran which is part autobiography part feminist rant part observational and very very funny.

xx

Have just finished the Game of Thrones series, waiting for the next book, TV series was cracking. Stick with the books they do ramble a bit and take you off on loads of different tangents, but you should enjoy.

Love that you are an eddings fan I have read these series numerous times and love to go back to them every couple of years.

I an number four by pittacus lore, it's really good sci fi
Bron

Have just finished the Game of Thrones series, waiting for the next book, TV series was cracking. Stick with the books they do ramble a bit and take you off on loads of different tangents, but you should enjoy.

Love that you are an eddings fan I have read these series numerous times and love to go back to them every couple of years.

Just finished them myself a few weeks ago!! Love them! :D

Finished the Southern Vampire Mysteries yesterday. They are delightful little morsels, but nothing near as wonderful as the likes of books where authors take the time out to invent a whole new world to explore!

Back