What are you supposed to get from your CDC?

disco

I'm not sure about my CDC. I don't think she's among the most professional. She's very convenient though, so I'll just view her as a supplier (she clearly views me as a customer) and get on with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the things about her service which are contrary to the expectations I have, mainly from what I've read on forums are:

- She saw 3 of us at once
- She told me, when one girl had left (who, by pure co-incidence is my next door neighbour) how much she had to lose, then left her sheet on the table in front of me so I could see her weight and stuff
- She told us all about the wonderful barbeque lunch she'd had and what her husband was having for tea
- When I went to step on the scales (mechanical) they were 3/4 pounds under the zero mark
- She didn't give me the flavours I'd asked for, and written down for her
-I was there about 25 minutes, and about 5 of that was dealing with me
- She only sees us every 2 weeks

So what I got was she weighed me, asked about my poo, got my packs and took my cheque.

None of this is too bad, but I'd hope there are better CDC's out there. If that's standard and you're a CDC, then I'm sorry!

I'm not sure about my CDC. I don't think she's among the most professional. She's very convenient though, so I'll just view her as a supplier (she clearly views me as a customer) and get on with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the things about her service which are contrary to the expectations I have, mainly from what I've read on forums are:

- She saw 3 of us at once
- She told me, when one girl had left (who, by pure co-incidence is my next door neighbour) how much she had to lose, then left her sheet on the table in front of me so I could see her weight and stuff
- She told us all about the wonderful barbeque lunch she'd had and what her husband was having for tea
- When I went to step on the scales (mechanical) they were 3/4 pounds under the zero mark
- She didn't give me the flavours I'd asked for, and written down for her
-I was there about 25 minutes, and about 5 of that was dealing with me
- She only sees us every 2 weeks

So what I got was she weighed me, asked about my poo, got my packs and took my cheque.

None of this is too bad, but I'd hope there are better CDC's out there. If that's standard and you're a CDC, then I'm sorry!

hi disco

i'm not a cdc, hope to be by the end of the year tho..., but that all sounds very very bad!!!

try ringing Cambridge and maybe there is another one relatively near to you and you can ditch this one!

if that doesn't work, use her as a supplier and use this site as your CDC cos between the discovery and this site they have got me through this diet!!

hope you get it sorted

Gen xx

Hi Disco

it certainly isn't the norm and there are much better counsellors out there. As we are all independent then if you aren't happy with this counsellor then call 0800 161412 and ask for other counsellors in your area and make the move over to them.

Give them all a call first and see which one you click with before booking an appointment.

Mike

I agree with Gen, you are going to need more support and advice than that on your CD journey and she is being very unproffessional discussing other customers weight loss with you. It appears her heart is not in it. I would definately suggest looking elsewhere. I cant beleive her telling you what she was having for her tea when she knew you were having nothing but shakes.

CDC are supposed to have used the stuff themselves so she should have had more tact and sensitivity.

Dont let it put you off though hun, we are all here for you.

Jennyxxx

Thanks for the advice. I don't think 2 visits and a couple of phone calls is enough of a chance to give up on her (and she is so very close to both work and home), but if I continue to feel I'm not getting what I need I will definitely look elsewhere. I know there are a couple of others in the county, but just not as close (gosh I'm lazy!)

I just needed to know whether my expectations were too high, so thanks for that.

Thanks for the advice. I don't think 2 visits and a couple of phone calls is enough of a chance to give up on her (and she is so very close to both work and home), but if I continue to feel I'm not getting what I need I will definitely look elsewhere. I know there are a couple of others in the county, but just not as close (gosh I'm lazy!)

I just needed to know whether my expectations were too high, so thanks for that.

I don't think your expectations were too high at all Disco. What you expect is respect and confidentiality - is that so unreasonable?

The relationship a person has with their CDC MUST be based on trust and understanding. You don't appear to getting either.

Frankly, your personal information is just that, personal. If your CDC is so free to talk about or disclose others weight status, then it would be natural to think that you might get discussed by her at some point in the future and that is unacceptable.

I would consider looking for a change in CDCs, assuming the next nearest is not a zillion miles away.

Good luck.

I run both groups and individual appointments and all my clients have a copy of my schedule so if they have booked a group time they know that it is likely others will be there - even so i don't read out their weight or disclose anything i've been told in confidence.

Some clients just want to weigh, pay and collect and aren't here for very long at all - others want to talk about their week, whats coming up etc etc and i usually take my lead from them.

Hels x

I really agree you nedd to change, my first one was shocking, seemed like a supplier, I found another one, and bingo, I was still going to this diet, with or without help but support is lovely. My first didnt, weigh me, measure me, tell me what to eat apart from to try sell me bars on my first week!!! and was more interested in telling me about how many other people she sees and what they weigh.
My new one is fab, I trust her completly, and I can really talk to her, that does make a difference.
If it hadn't have been for the lovely people on here I wouldnt have got through my first week as painlessly as I did, and I didnt get 1 call from her!

Hi Disco

I would at least contact Cambridge and see if there is another CDC near you. You never know they might be just as close. It's a shame you have had such a bad time with this lady because they are not all like that. My cdc is fab, gives me time each week if I need it and if I'm not seeing her for a couple of weeks she always phones and e-mails me to see how I am doing.

This jouney is tough enough without you feeling this way about your cdc.

On a plus side though , it's great here and you will never be without support.

Jazzy x

Back