What are you wearing for Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really dreading Christmas for this reason. I feel realllllly fat still I just hope I can drop a dress size in time.
I ordered this (in red) from Next and it's a 14. I'm currently a 16 (bit loose)
Buy Lace Sleeved Dress from the Next UK online shop

That's a lovely dress! I'm sure you'll make it into the next dress size; good luck! It's such a flattering shape. Very pretty!

I recently bought this dress from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ils_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=minimins-21
It's royal blue and very flattering. I actually bought it for work but when I tried it on it felt like something I could wear at Christmas too, nice and bright and also very comfy :p

product_thumb.php
product_thumb.php

Just ordered myself these from somewhere for 5 pounds each...can you guess where!? :rolleyes:

I wore the black and white of these last night and got compliments off in-laws who aren't always complimentary! They didn't believe that it was only a fiver!

Love this dress in the royal blue and what a great price!! Think I may order one too, couple of questions if you don't mind, what is it like for size? And is it actually knee length, not sure what height you are but i'm 5' 4". Thanks for sharing your ideas, great thread!! Kelly x Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Not at all :) it's pretty true fit wise, if anything I think because of the type of fabric it's a little generous. I'm between a 12/14 anyway and the dresses come in sizes that cross over 8/10, 12/14 etc. So it fits me really well. You can be pretty certain of a good fit, and it's so flattering!
Length wise it is actually knee length, and I'm 5ft8. It had to be knee length for work, can't be showing my class too much skin, haha ;)

Love the dresses. I like the blue and it is very flattering style, I haven't really looked at clothes on Amazon....very tempting!

Ooh you should, they're all so cheap! Also got another dress by Roman Originals for £15 which is polka dot and same sort of length and fabric. All arrived very fast too :)

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. I hope it does fit!!
That Amazon dress is simple but really lovely! I might have to get one :)

Ahhhhhh, I've just tried on my planned Christmas Day outfit and the skirt still doesn't fit properly. I suppose it gives me an excuse to go shopping:)

Lol I've been playing dressing up! Trying to find an outfit for our slimming world class Xmas get together tomorrow :) I've made a Santa outfit out of my charity shop French connection red top, charity shop wide Santa belt, new asda reduced skater skirt and my uggs :) outfits probably cost me £8 minus boots!

Attachments

• image-287413922.jpg
    image-287413922.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 149
Lol I've been playing dressing up! Trying to find an outfit for our slimming world class Xmas get together tomorrow :) I've made a Santa outfit out of my charity shop French connection red top, charity shop wide Santa belt, new asda reduced skater skirt and my uggs :) outfits probably cost me £8 minus boots!

Wish I looked like that in a Santa outfit :)

So here's the thing. Christmas means pressure.

Not in my family! Christmas means a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, to relax and enjoy time off work! I will never understand how or why people allow themselves to become so stressed and pressurised over what is supposed to be a festive occasion!

Its self imposed. And fairly tongue in cheek too. I'm genuinely not that serious. Much like my lady products joke. I don't feel the need to be totally literal ALL the time.

I intend to celebrate the Birth of Santa too. That's what it's all about after all....I just want to look good whilst I'm doing it.

Not in my family! Christmas means a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus, to relax and enjoy time off work! I will never understand how or why people allow themselves to become so stressed and pressurised over what is supposed to be a festive occasion!

Pressure doesn't have to come from within though ... for example, as a Funeral Director, it increases the pressures on me dramatically without any effort on my part. Some of us don't get time off from work sadly ... and plenty of us celebrate the 25th December as a secular holiday (after all the Winter Solstice Celebrations pre-date Christianity by some considerable degree :D )

Pressure doesn't have to come from within though ... for example, as a Funeral Director, it increases the pressures on me dramatically without any effort on my part. Some of us don't get time off from work sadly ... and plenty of us celebrate the 25th December as a secular holiday (after all the Winter Solstice Celebrations pre-date Christianity by some considerable degree :D )

;) Happy Yuletide Celebrations

Winter Solstice tomorrow :D ... and no worries about what to wear ;)

That one is done naked then? Super. I might do that for Christmas. At least up until the point the inlaws arrive. Best set the heating early that day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back