What are your Indulgences?

I use Sainsbury's smooth peanut butter. It's got a blue label and lid - tried to find it on their website but it's not on there. It was the best one I could find as the grams of fibre outweighs the grams of carbs :)

Confused now, I thought the english labeling already had carbs deducted? :confused:

I make them - 1 cup of peanut butter, 1 and 1/3 cup of sweetener and an egg all mixed together. Then make them in to little balls, press them down on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes at 180. They're delicious

is there an easier weighing than a cup ? it confuses me
sorry :eek: like grams/ ounces ?

a cup isn't a set measurement from my understanding. It depends on what your measuring because gram measure mass and cups measure volume. Check out this link: Cup to Gram Conversions Article - Allrecipes.com

It covers a few conversions into grams from cups for baking so may help!

If you google 'how many grams in a cup of peanut butter' it varies between 240 and 260g so i'd go with that and adjust to taste :)

Jen31601 said:
Uh oh - please don't tell me that :cry:

Sorry Jen - but if it's an english label then total carbs is already net carbs. Unless it has lots of polyols/sweeteners like an atkins bar in which case it will tell you th net carbs on the pack. But then i dont recommend those in induction either:eek:

I made the same mistake when I first started. I read all the American info, where they deduct fibre from the carbs, and it wasn't until about nearly 2 weeks in that I realised. I still lost weight, but it could have been more if I'd been doing it properly from the start.

Thank god for this forum, otherwise it might have been a lot longer before I found out, if ever!

Sorry Jen - but if it's an english label then total carbs is already net carbs. Unless it has lots of polyols/sweeteners like an atkins bar in which case it will tell you th net carbs on the pack. But then i dont recommend those in induction either:eek:

I can't believe I never knew this :eek:!! I might have to start thinking twice about what I'm eating then :(

well i have a cold,so can't really taste,and they're not crunchy
like a biccie,they're soft,dangerous things though,i'm thinking
of throwing the rest away,could spark a spiral :(

Back