What are your top weight loss tips??

lizzielipps

Back to basics!
Need inspiration and would love to start a thread of sure fire tips to spur us on! Mine is to google pics of items that weigh the same of what ive lost so far, what are yours??

Everytime I buy new clothes I buy them a size smaller.

OH traditionally chooses me a fab outfit from my fave dress shop for Valentine's day, so I've told him to get me a 16 this time even though I'm an 18/20 at the mo. it might not fit me for V-Day, but I'll damn well make it fit me for the next party I get invited to :D

Eat 3 meals a day

Snack only on fruit

Eat lots of grapefruit

Dont eat after your evening meal

Eat all your syns as they are yummy!

Take each day at a time, repeat seven times, weigh in then repeat until you get to target!

Go to group and stay each week

Buy a countdown if you can

Make the plan work for you

Wow teen!! Well done!

I would say... do try to write everything down. There might be a syn or two you forgot earlier when you reach for that treat. Plus seeing how much (or in some cases, how little!) you're actually eating can be very informative.
There are some days I'll look at my food diary and think... Hmmm... I can do better than this!

Try to eat loads of Superfree every day no matter what plan you are on. Drink tons of water. Plan meals in advance and write everything down good or bad.
xxx

I am finding original plan works best at the minute
Drink lots of water
Eat lots of superspeed
Body Magic
Eat my sins
Fruit or cottage cheese as a snack
Have at least 2 scan bran a day

My top tip would be... follow the plan! :D

(And if you do fall off the wagon, don't beat yourself up - just get back on track RIGHT AWAY rather than waiting for the next day.)

Don't turn a bad moment, into a bad day, or bad week or bad month. Face up to the decision you made, go back and read your books, or think about how well you have done and get back on the plan.

Drink loads of water...stick to the Plan and don't let a slip become a slide!! ;)

yes never ever fall off the wagon cause you will kick yourself....twice
trust me i have just taken my time to get back on the wagon , it wasnt that the wagon was too high, i was idle and have got on it determined to do better
good luck x

Mine are to

1) plan, plan, plan
2) pick fruit for snacks first
3) Have a little bit you like, the plan is for life and I couldn't live without the odd chocolate, biscuits, crisps, cake
4) I keep my syns till the evening (that's when I like my treat)
5) Always focus on the goal your aiming for

Careful planning to make sure there are always superfree, free and low syn foods in the house to snack on - Mullers, Mugshots, satsumas, frozen raspberries, Quorn fillets, etc. Being able to eat something stops me from picking up a pack of crisps or choc biscuit.

I also agree with the comments above about not letting a bad day lead into a bad weekend, into a bad week etc. That has always been my downfall in the past - I've gone off plan and then thought 'oh well, may as well start again on Monday' and Monday never comes. Very much need to see a bad day as just that - it happened, forget it and get back on plan!

Eat when you are hungry stop when you are full. Always eat with full awareness and enjoy every mouthful so you don't have to say Did I Eat That

Enjoy your food on whichever plan you choose
keep syns until evening
stop eating when full
Do not let food to be your main focus
Exercise every day
Drink plenty of fluid
Avoid Artificial sweetner, fizzy drinks and no sugar squashes
Try making your food from scratch with natural ingrediants
Avoid ready meals whenever possible
Eat plenty of fresh fruits & vegetables
stay positive
If you fall of the plan, draw a line under it and go back on the plan straight away.

1. Trust the plan - try not to be tempted to tweak it
2. Note down everything you have eaten, not writing it down doesnt mean it wont count!
3. Accept you will have some days that are higher in syns than others, its a fact of life and doesnt mean you have fallen off the wagon and might as well have that take away/chocolate/crisps/pizza* (*delete as applicable)
4. Dont ever eat foods you dont like because you think you 'should' - theres no way you will stick to it long term if you do.
5. Use your food diary to identify trends and reasons for losses or gains.
6. Accept you are not perfect - some days are harder than others.

Walter Bishop said:
1. Trust the plan - try not to be tempted to tweak it
2. Note down everything you have eaten, not writing it down doesnt mean it wont count!
3. Accept you will have some days that are higher in syns than others, its a fact of life and doesnt mean you have fallen off the wagon and might as well have that take away/chocolate/crisps/pizza* (*delete as applicable)
4. Dont ever eat foods you dont like because you think you 'should' - theres no way you will stick to it long term if you do.
5. Use your food diary to identify trends and reasons for losses or gains.
6. Accept you are not perfect - some days are harder than others.

Great tips , shall copy & print for continued inspiration !!

I am also heartened by the fact that your losses seem to be like mine so far but you've kept at it , I love your Motto , can I pinch that too , it's so true !! It's all hard but I know which one I want !!

Great tips , shall copy & print for continued inspiration !!

I am also heartened by the fact that your losses seem to be like mine so far but you've kept at it , I love your Motto , can I pinch that too , it's so true !! It's all hard but I know which one I want !!

Ha ha! Course you can, I love your quote too, I am a sucker for a good inspirational quote!

I knew as I didnt have a vast amount to lose to get into the healthy weight range for my height that it wouldnt be a speedy loss but I am fine with that. As I have been doing the plan since the beginning of August, its second nature to eat this way now whereas if I had managed to lose it quickly it would have been easier to slip back into my old ways.

I have just read a quote in a magazine on a Nike advert for running (told you!) that said "A 10 minute mile is just as far as a 6 minute mile. Run easy.' That sums it up for me! :D

Back