What bit of class do you like most

I have read this thread with interest and I have experienced 3 different consultants each with completely different takes on the class.
1. nice lady, would rather talk about her nights out and have a tasting night that do a class talk, did always have good meal suggestions though you could tell her heart was not in it. no raffle, sotm and empty fruit basket.
2. Motivational leader with humour, always started with a talk, or 3 week programme for target setting, bag of food items so when doing image therapy we all gave an answer relevant to talk. Classes were obviously well planned and structured and made a big difference. no raffle or sotm.
3. stand in consultant, same format as others have mentioned, no talk, but losses/gains and what do you want to do for next week and is there anything that will hinder you. raffle but never kept going to class long enough to see if there was sotm.

I would go back to consultant #2 class in a minute but it clashes with another commitment I have. She is one of the top ones in my area and her experience shows, although she must be a rebel to the normal SW class structure. But up to 80 people weighing in at some of her classes prove she is doing something right.

none, I do it all on my tod at home. BUT when I did go to a great group the consultant was brillent with motivational and support outside the group and also had great empthaty skills and a sense of more withit with ordinary people, because she also admitted to her errors and the fact she was still learning, OMG its a really human, not someone in SW mag.
Also the group interaction wasa great form of soial support and given tips and things which at times my brain does not work because it is squeshed. Hence, why this forum online is excellent source of support and info :)

I commented on a thread in relation to chosing whether to have a motivational or more convient C (as in distance). Whilst thinking about my Con, I like her; she has been a C for the last 15 years. I don't find her very motivational but I like the group. She relies on other members of the group to provide the advice - I suppose trying to foster our knowledge to provide us with the tools to get over issues such as that one our own, but she doesn't seem to be much other than stand prodding her PDA and saying how hot she is!

The majority of the session is filled with image therapy; people about 5/10 mins..which can become quite longwinded.

The structure of the group is that we weigh in @ 10, she then does new member talks until 10.30 and then we have image therapy until 11...usually this all runs over until about 11.45, even though we only have about 15 ppl that stay. Thus resulting by the time we have tidied away, and packed up it is after 12.
In our group we do SOTW - fruit basket *Rolleyes*, SOTM, raffle - another fruit/veg basket *rolleyes* and occastional tasters.

I do SW from home, but when my mum went to group the consultant was really good, at the time my grandad was in hospital and she was very supportive to my mum during this and when he passed away, with cards, phone calls, texts, even flowers. The group sessions were also really good according to my mum and she enjoyed going to them.

Reading some of these posts, it seems like some extra training for some consultants might be useful - if I were paying £5 a week I would be expecting much more than being simply weighed and then having this relayed to the rest of the group. For me personally I wouldn't find this effective support.

I love my class and the consultant is cool! we all sit talking before class whilst everyone gets weighed up until half 5, then she will tell us about new books new products, tells us the syn values if the things in the raffle, asks everyone how they have done and feel this week, then sotw and raffle, its a lovely class, i think sometimes its not all down to the consultant but the other people who are in the group, x

Back