What BMIs are you aiming for?

Guru

Silver Member
I'm aiming for a BMI of around 22.5, although I might stop before I get there as I really just want to be a size 12.

I think it gives me a big of leeway to not go back into the overweight category, but is not so low that I will look like a lollypop.

I know that a BMI of 20 is considered healthy, but I cannot imagine anyone at that weight looking well. What say you?

I am aiming for 30 to begin with, but would like to be 24, that would make me 8 stone exactly! Its madness when you are small (5ft) 2 inches taller and my bmi would drop rapidly!

Yeah I've read that thread before Lizz. I don't agree with KD.

My first and foremost goal is get under BMI 25. Then I aim for BMI 23 something. But I will see when I get closer to the goal!

I'm happy at 23.7 but would ideally go a bit lower to 10st 7 which would maybe put me at 22. something? Unlikely to happen at the moment, so I will be happy to be safely in the healthy zone. Interestingly, I just googled my old weight from the pre-fat days, teens & early 20s... it was 20.2. And guess what? Back then, I thought I was big. Madness... big or small, our heads are never happy.

xxx

My target atm is BMI 24, which would make me about 11st. Last time I was that was about 3 years ago!

BMI 23 I think. That would put me at 9 stone 8. My first target is 10 stone x x

I know i've set a weight of 10 stone as my goal (never remember being it so why the hell not aim for it) but would love to see the Wii fit show a BMI under 30 to start with, no idea what weight that would be for me but think that it would put me just into the overweight section on the dr's charts.

lol i did exactly the same thing katycakes- when i was 18 and a size 12 i was convinced i was fat and did cabbage soup diets all the time - looking back at the pics i think it more likely i was insane as i looked great and would love to be that thin now!! now aiming for a bmi of about 23 i think!!

Crazy isn't it? But in my case, also a long time ago... maybe that BMI suited me then, but I guess it would be a stretch too far now! But travelling this journey does help you to get a perspective on how skewed your perceptions might have been in the past. I've already sussed that being slim (which I suppose I am now) doesn't actually solve the messed-up thinking/behaviour that got me that way... doh. Slim and STILL with a ton of eating issues.

xxx

am aiming for bmi 23 to put me firmly in the "normal" catagory

My first and foremost goal is a BMI of 30, so I can start treatment. To be honest it has been so long since I was in the healthy range that I've no idea what to aim for, I guess I'll be playing it by ear!

ATM a healthy one. just getting into the 20's would be great or get to 30 would be brilliant

First goal is to get to 11st which will be BMI 26 then I'll re-evaluate :)

hi everyone, its hard to say, im currently bmi 28 11st 13lb and a size 12.
i was aiming for bmi 22 9st 2lb and a size 10, so deppends on which i hit first, i def want bmi between 22 and 25, 22 is ideal and gives leighway both sides. anything over 25 and its still overweight, i want to be NORMAL lol xxx

I have been overweight for so long that its hard to say what BMI I would like to be. I think firstly I would like to get under the 30s and then see how I feel. Idealy I would like to get to 25 but I just cant picture myself ever getting there .. although I know with CD it is possible.

Back