What "Body Magic" do you do?

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Ok, so today is the first day of my "start over". For the past two weeks I've had a full on binge, and can't remember the last time I had a full day 100% on plan! :eek:

Before my "blip" I'd started introducing exercise into the plan, in the form of Swimming. Now over the two weeks, I was loaded with cold - the main reason I found it hard sticking to plan. I didn't go swimming because I didn't want to worsen my cold. Now I am feeling lots better, I'm off swimming tomorrow night :) I can't wait, as I'm really starting to feel sluggish again after all of this binging.

Just wondering, what sorts of exercise do you do? I'm re-starting the swimming once a week, but would also like to interpret some other forms of body magic, so just looking for ideas really.

In the building where I work, I am in an office on the top floor. This means there are 8 flights of stairs to walk. I was thinking, rather than getting the lift right to the top, I might gradually decrease the level and walk up a flight of stairs. Once I get used to one flight, I can increase it and do another flight too. It sounds quite simple, but I am really unfit.

I'm looking for basic, but effective ideas. Any comments would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance xx

I don't really do anything tbh, and I live 10 mins from where I work so don't even get much of a walk in that way! I will be reading this thread throughly though, as I'm properly unfit and hoping to start integrating some body magic in over Xmas with a view to resuming the gym (since I pay for it anyway) in Jan

I think once you find what YOU enjoy that you are more likely to keep doing it.

Me personally im a Zumba girl but i have also tried doing more walking (instead of using the car)

Attachments

• Smiley.jpg
    Smiley.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 74
I don't really do anything tbh, and I live 10 mins from where I work so don't even get much of a walk in that way! I will be reading this thread throughly though, as I'm properly unfit and hoping to start integrating some body magic in over Xmas with a view to resuming the gym (since I pay for it anyway) in Jan

Thanks hun, I'm looking to do that too. As I'm so unfit I'm looking for basic, simple forms of exercise I can do to increase my fitness levels. Eventually I hope to have the confidence to go to a gym and do some "proper" exercise.

I think once you find what YOU enjoy that you are more likely to keep doing it.

Me personally im a Zumba girl but i have also tried doing more walking (instead of using the car)

Thanks, Slimbysummer. I really enjoy my swimming - always have - and can't wait to start again tomorrow. I've really missed not being able to go for the past two weeks. I wish I could go swimming more than once a week, but our pool is only open to the public on certain days - daft I know! A lot of the time it's closed for swimming classes, and people practicing for galas, etc.

I'm also trying to walk where possible, and stop using the car as much. I also try and have at least one hour a week on the Wii - I play on Just Dance which is really energetic. I've never really tried a lot of exercises before, so I'm just looking for some inspiration, and then I can decide which I enjoy best.

I like the sound of Zumba, but I'm too nervous to go to a group/class. I don't like the idea of prancing around in front of a group of people I don't know - I'd just feel so embarrassed.

Hopefully I'll pick up a few more ideas/inspirations.

I like the sound of Zumba, but I'm too nervous to go to a group/class. I don't like the idea of prancing around in front of a group of people I don't know - I'd just feel so embarrassed.

Go try it! I went on my own and was petrified and first part of class was really self conscious (i stood at front so i could see what was going on) but then i realised everyone else is just trying to do the moves and isn't taking notice of you at all. In my class there is a WIDE range of ages and sizes - all in the same boat.
If you like dancing you'll love it!

Go try it! I went on my own and was petrified and first part of class was really self conscious (i stood at front so i could see what was going on) but then i realised everyone else is just trying to do the moves and isn't taking notice of you at all. In my class there is a WIDE range of ages and sizes - all in the same boat.
If you like dancing you'll love it!

See the thing is, I don't even like dancing lol! It sounds like a really good way to lose weight, but I just know it won't be right for me.

Thanks for the idea though :)

I started going to the gym about last June. It's a 24/7 gym so even with my crazy schedule I could fit some time in. ( it's Pure Gym and £16.99 a month).
Anyway I knew I couldn't do classes as my fitness level was zero and I'd be paying for about a minutes exercise!!
So I started with the cycles and that was good but I got bored, so I did a bit on the treadmill as well as the cycles still a bit bored, so I tried the C25k app and oh boy the first day I dud three runs of 30 seconds. The 2nd day I did 3 one minute runs, ( I kept repeating week one), the 3rd day I managed 5 one minute runs, then the fourth day I managed all eight runs and I felt fantastic, grinning away! I was still nearly 19 stone!
As I said I repeated week one a few times, but when I went to move on to week two my knee played up big time. Arthritis!

So now I do cycling 4km in 10 minutes as a warm up, 10 minutes Kettlebells, and then week one runs on the treadmill, however can only manage this time wise twice a week!

I always run up stairs now and I help at a LD club that sees me running around like a loon!!!!

Thing is my shape changed quicker with exercise than with weight loss alone!

Zumba all the way for me, love it.But have started running,can now manage 10 mins,may not sound much but i hope to build on it,also do daily ligjt weights,

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

Thank you both for your advice/stories.

Actually, I really enjoy walking, and was doing quite a lot of it when I first restarted SW. I think I'll try and take that up again, eventually stretching to a jog, and then hopefully one day I'll be able to break into a run lol!

I also quite enjoy cycling - although last time I tried it I was crippled and sore for the few days following :8855: Majorly unfit just doesn't cut it.

I'm really looking forward to swimming tomorrow, and will try and get some walking done over the weekend. Not forgetting at least an hour on the Wii :)

I joined my local gym about 10 weeks ago, and have to say most of the time I love it. I have a program I follow, treadmill, crosstrainer, bike, crosstrainer and then I will add anything else in that I fancy and try to go 3 times a week at least.

I was really self conscious at first but am really comfortable there now.

WE have a gym at work that we pay a subsidised amount for. The only thing is that I have not been since about last March:(

I have a cross trainer at home, I also do no use this:(

Therefore I am going to start tomorrow (off work tomorrow, Friday and Monday) on the cross trainer. I am going to do 15 minutes on it, Morning, afternoon and evening on all these days, as well as doing 15 mins on Saturday morning and sunday morning and afternoon.

I have to try and help my weight loss in the next week as I have food do's on the 14th, 16th and 17th December.

Another woman in work who has also last week started on SW,has said that she will start coming to the work gym with me in January. I used to (March this year) be able to run for 20 minutes, which for a overweight 50 year old, I did not think was too bad (DONT LIKE RUNNING GOT BIG BOOBS!) so watch this space:)

(DONT LIKE RUNNING GOT BIG BOOBS!)

That's another of the reasons I don't like to do certain exercises - particularly publicly. I think I'd give myself (and anyone within a 10 mile radius) black eyes.

I think I may need to invest in a decent sports bra..

Me and my friend started SW together, learned about Body Magic and then decided to start walking. As my fitness levels were on the floor we started off just walking around the block
three times a week and then gradually walked a bit further. We now walk about a mile in total. We don't power walk (I couldn't envisage me doing that in a month of Sundays!) We take our time and I do believe it's helped a lot, not so much with the weight loss (although I'm sure it has) but particularly with my fitness levels. I can now walk upstairs without getting too much out of breath.

I've recently bought the Zumba for the Wii and I'm going to give it a whirl. :bunnydance: I haven't got the confidence to join a Zumba class at the moment so I'm aiming to practice at home hoping to get the basics right before considering letting the world see I have no co-ordination whatsoever. :rotflmao:

I've recently bought the Zumba for the Wii and I'm going to give it a whirl. :bunnydance: I haven't got the confidence to join a Zumba class at the moment so I'm aiming to practice at home hoping to get the basics right before considering letting the world see I have no co-ordination whatsoever. :rotflmao:

Good idea with regards to the Zumba Wii game! Think I might have a look for that and give it a go :)

Nobody doesn't like dancing!! How can anyone? :) I had the same preconception about Zumba but i did enjoy it. I swim though now, 3 if not 4 times a week. Is there not another pool - you say you drive??I drive 15 mins each way to swim but its worth it in the long run. I did start the couch to 5k but my knees didn't like it!

I've also done a fair few pilates classes/yogalates/body balance classes which don't really require you to be "fit"....

Remember with your swimming that you need to get your heart pumping if you want to increase your fitness so intersperse those slow front crawl laps with something a bit more intense!

I just got back on track after a 3 week pig out. Before that, I went to a Zumba tone class and loved it, although I was very sore for 2 to 3 days after. I went to Zumba tone on Thursday and am still very sore but I enjoy the class and I know if I stick at it my muscles will get used to it and I won't be so sore. I enjoy just dance too. If you feel self conscious going to a class, why not buy the Zumba game for your Wii. They just brought out a new one. I have the first one and it's great! Will defo be buying the new one. Good Luck!

Back