What book are you reading?

Have you tried readitswapit.co.uk you put on all the books you'd like to swap & find somebody with a book you'd like & 'ask' them for a swap. I've swapped loads of books this way & best of all you only pay for the postage.:D

youre a star!! i could kiss you!!!

Try Every Last One by Anna Quindlan. I cried for most of it but it's a great story. Sister was good but Afterwards was better. Very clever slightly uncomfortable read. I was impressed by how the author can manipulate the reader into a state of complete nervous stress... It was hard to stop shouting at the book "but it's right there in front of you'. Only they can't hear. Clever.

Destined. Last book (well last released book) of the House of Night series. I'm a vampire addict, anything involving people with fangs or mythical stuff i'll read it xD

Have read the 'song of ice and fire' series. Totally read my eyes out. gonna get the hunger games now - everyone is raving about it.

Have read the 'song of ice and fire' series. Totally read my eyes out. gonna get the hunger games now - everyone is raving about it.

What about A Dance with Dragons, which has only just been release here, are you going to read that, or have you read it already.

I've just got my copy today & I'm so excited:D

I have read sister by rosamund lupton - don't want to spoil it for anyone who got it on their to read list but did the end make you feel slightly disheartened , bit of a burst bubble moment??

I'm reading a book called "On The Edge Of Darkness" by Barbara Erskine. I've read a few of her books and I've really enjoyed them! This isn't disappointing either! :)

I've just finished reading 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. Hands down best book I have EVER read! I got it for 99p for my Kindle from Amazon after it being recommended to me by numerous people.

Take a few pages to get used to the way the book is narrated but after that I couldnt put it down! I was cursing being at work but still managed to finish it in 3 days! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

My mum read it a while back and said it was amazing, I was looking for a new book to start yesterday and found her copy, then I remembered seeing your post so I thought I'd give it a go :)

I'm loving it so far.

I'm now reading "the long walk home" by Slovomir rawicz. It's really interesting, not far into it yet, seem to spend all my time these days on minimins!

just got the room by emma donoghue, i hope it is good

MY FAVOURITE :D:D:D

Haha got a bit overexcited there, but honestly, I adore that story so much. I love Angela Carter in general, she's such a beautiful writer.

I find myself reading her stuff out loud just to hear the words. The only other people I tend to do that with is Dylan Thomas or Rupert Graves Welsh Incident...obviously I don't sound like Richard Burton. :eek:
Richard Burton reads 'Welsh Incident' by Robert Graves. - YouTube

I've just bought the Company of Wolves dvd too.

just got the room by emma donoghue, i hope it is good

I got it for my daughter for Christmas. But she does have a lot of books on her "to read" list and GCSE's this summer so it might not be til later this year she gets around to it!

I've heard nothing but praise for this book but I have to say I tend to recoil from those "My parents had me so that I could be locked in an attic and my body parts used to save my sister's life" sort of books and that has put me off reading this.

Korrigan said:
I got it for my daughter for Christmas. But she does have a lot of books on her "to read" list and GCSE's this summer so it might not be til later this year she gets around to it!

I've heard nothing but praise for this book but I have to say I tend to recoil from those "My parents had me so that I could be locked in an attic and my body parts used to save my sister's life" sort of books and that has put me off reading this.

Ha ha, I hate those books too! But room is a bit different.

Yeah, Room really isn't anything like that. It's incredibly clever and it really sucks you in. I've almost finished it. Whenever I've nearly finished a book I really enjoy I get really sad because I don't want it to be over.

Yeah, Room really isn't anything like that. It's incredibly clever and it really sucks you in. I've almost finished it. Whenever I've nearly finished a book I really enjoy I get really sad because I don't want it to be over.

Me too.

OK, it's on my to read list. Which is rather long as I walk past The Works and tend to get sucked in there and emerge with 3 books for £5 or whatever. Plus I'm totally unable to resist Amazon's second hand books...:eek:

I've just finished The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory. I normally like her books and race through them, but I hated this one and it's taken a week to read. Luckily I got it from the library!

Back