What book are you reading?

OK, I have just finished The Hunger Games 1 and have the other two on the kindle waiting for me! I didn't really get in to it until about a 3rd of the way through when I sat in the bath for about an hour and a half reading, reading, reading... The water got very cold. At midnight I put it down! But I am a member of a book club too so I will be reading that book next (A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry - anyone read it?) which will take a while I think as it's quite long and possibly a bit heavy at times. Sad too....hmmmm.

I am on holiday for 2 weeks at the begining of June :happy036:so I am now thinking about what I can load onto the kindle to read by the pool (arrgghhhhh!). What do you read after The Hunger Games???? I remember feeling quite bereft after I read the twilight books and couldn't find a good read for ages. Any suggestions? I don't really want a scary or creepy book. A little bit of sex/chick lit would be good...but cleverer stuff if you know what I mean! I quite like a good self help too (ha ha)!!!!
:wavey:

True blood, just finished book one, start book 2 later.

True blood, just finished book one, start book 2 later.

Ooooo, yes I forgot about those. I have read the first 6! They get a bit ...saucy ;)

The first one is saucy! Was pretty good though

The first one is saucy! Was pretty good though

He he....just you wait!!!!

There are so many vampire books. Years ago I read all the Anna Rice ones but when I tried to re-read them recently I just couldn't get into them. I guess you change between 18 and 42 hey!!!!

I love my vampire fiction. I'm a vampire diaries/morganville vampires/twilight nerd. And I'm looking forward to the sauciness now, i like a bit of sauce!

OK, I have just finished The Hunger Games 1 and have the other two on the kindle waiting for me! I didn't really get in to it until about a 3rd of the way through when I sat in the bath for about an hour and a half reading, reading, reading... The water got very cold. At midnight I put it down! But I am a member of a book club too so I will be reading that book next (A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry - anyone read it?) which will take a while I think as it's quite long and possibly a bit heavy at times. Sad too....hmmmm.

I am on holiday for 2 weeks at the begining of June :happy036:so I am now thinking about what I can load onto the kindle to read by the pool (arrgghhhhh!). What do you read after The Hunger Games???? I remember feeling quite bereft after I read the twilight books and couldn't find a good read for ages. Any suggestions? I don't really want a scary or creepy book. A little bit of sex/chick lit would be good...but cleverer stuff if you know what I mean! I quite like a good self help too (ha ha)!!!!
:wavey:
Have you read clan of the cave bears by Jean Auel (I think that's how it's spelt). Great series.
Ive just started the first of the Hunger Games series. Love it!

I am reading Audrey Niffeneggar's Her Fearful Symmetry. Taking me ages but I'm enjoying her writing.

Kirstles

Yes I have read the whole clan series. They are great although, as ever, the first 2 are the best. I love Audrey Nefferrrrneferrrburger thingy's The Time Travellers Wife. Very clever.. It stayed with me for ages after I'd read it. I haven't read her others but they are on my list.

As I said in my recent post I have the book club book to read BUT have just got distracted with the start of another vampire series (brotherhood something or other) and can't put it down... In fact what what am I doing here when I could be reading ....!!!!! And my friend has just put a page turner in the post to me. Will update you with the full titles in the next couple of days. Until then there is blood, guts, sex and vampiric rock n roll waiting for me. X

Lady of the English by Elizabeth Chadwick

Korrigan said:
As long as you don't expect the books to be anything like the TV series. :D
On the upside it's an exciting new adventure every week. :rolleyes:

I've only watched first 2 episodes of the series so i can't compare :p

He he....just you wait!!!!

There are so many vampire books. Years ago I read all the Anna Rice ones but when I tried to re-read them recently I just couldn't get into them. I guess you change between 18 and 42 hey!!!!

OK I take it back about the saucy bit... well they are quite but I just started reading the Black dagger Brotherhood series and that is just blush makingly rude :giggle:

Back