What book are you reading?

Hey hun

Im not sure who that author is, I don't read a lot and the stuff I do read on my iPad kindle hubby calls it "pervy stuff" lol.
i did a search on that author for you though and this came up which may help you decide on some other books your mum may like.

If You Like Maeve Binchy You Might Enjoy - Readers - Multnomah County Library

I have noticed on amazon kindle when you order books it also comes up with "other recommendations" to what you have purchased so it might be worth checking it out.

Amazon.co.uk: Kindle eBooks

It might be worth checking out the top free 100 kindle downloads, I've read some good freebies too.
Also take a look at the reviews of that author your mum likes as you may find people recommending other books to try too.

I hope this helps.

Stacey xxx

There are some good authors on that list :))) You should def be able to find something there x

Maeve Binchy is not too racy and writes nice gentle (usually) romantic type novels. Sadly she's passed away now. The thing is do you think your Mum would prefer to read about people at about her age or dies that not matter? Recently I have realised that reading books about people in their late 20's or early 30's just doesn't do it for me unless they are married with 2 kids ;-)) the books need to have something I can relate to.

On the other hand I'll read that vampire nonsense and crime stuff without a backward glance. Well, unless all the lights are off and I hear a noise....

Will look into Maeve Binchy alternatives for you. Does she like mysteries or crime or anything? X

Hiya, thanks for your help :) I know she's read twilight series coz she got them given to her, I know she watches stuff like midsomer murders & not blood thirsty murder stuff as she calls it lol not sure about the age thing to be honest... She's mid 50s, married 30+ years with 1 kid & 3 grand kids :D x

I went to see the first part of "The Hobbit" trilogy last night and it was fantastic! It got me really excited - I'm going to hunt out my book and re-read that :)

I'm reading The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert. I loved the tv adaptation that was on the other week and downloaded the book to my Kindle. I've now added lots more James Herbert books to my wishlist!

My mad, fat teenage diary :) thought the program starting on channel 4 in January looked good so thought I'd read the book before it started!

Edited: Finished this last night & also read the christmas bake-off (free kindle book) only took 15-20 minutes but was readable. My mad,fat diary was good but just seemed to finish without a sequel or anything to say what happened so that was a little disappointing :(

Hubby downloaded some books for my kindle for Xmas so I've now got:

* Harry potter 1-7
* twilight series (4 I think?!)
* hunger games trilogy (have read first one)
* lord of the rings & the hobbit
* casual vacancy - j k Rowling
* girl with the dragon tattoo books
* vampire diaries?

& a few freebie books he thought looked ok, so that should keep me going for a while...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the last one of an Anne Bennett trio, A Mothers Spirit. I have a kindle but borrowed this set from a work friend. There's a 4th one too apparently so ill read that next.

the last books that I read on the kindle were the fifty shades, which I enjoyed but didn't think we're worth the hype they got

Just finished reading a family affair was free d/l on my kindle I enjoyed it and worth a read. Next on my list is Victoria Pendleton autobiography that I had for my bday last week in paper format this one :)

A street cat named bob looks good its my kinda reading.

got kindle for Xmas so have bought Gypsy Boy and am reading that and downloaded a few free ones too,next I want to buy is street cat named Bob.

We got the paperback version of a street cat named bob from the in-laws and it looks like a fab book, if a bit of a tearjerker!

I'm gonna start Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe tonight, it's 1 for Christmas. The one before is Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe..there's loads of recipes included too and they're done in a funny way. Really nice! :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have just downloaded & started reading 'beautiful creatures' after seeing the film trailer on tv earlier :D can't wait to see it Feb 2013!

i have just read a book called 'beyond evil' which i think was about 20p on my kindle, not sure what i am going to read next, i have a few crime and thrillers so will be one of those.
just before christmas i read all of the books by cathy glass, they are amazing and i cried through every one of them x

Have just downloaded & started reading 'beautiful creatures' after seeing the film trailer on tv earlier :D can't wait to see it Feb 2013!

Haha I have just downloaded it too after seeing trailer at cinema, kindle is charging tho booo

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love it when you see a trailer and you check if there is a book, also saw immortal series, city of bones advertised which took my fancy x

Ill have a look at them, cheers :) I did the same with my mad, fat diary because series is starting on E4 on 14th jan X

Back