what book is best to get

ksmiuk

Gold Member
thinking of starting low carb and wondered whether or not to buy a book, any advice appreciated x

I would always advise to buy a book. The "bible" is Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution and, if you want to do "traditional" low carb, that's the one to go for in my humble opinion, although I have heard good things about "Protein Power" by Michael Eades. "Neanderthin" is another good one. Really depends what sort of eating you want to do (if that makes sense) - Atkins is probably the "strictest" at least in the Induction phase. Dr Atkins is the "daddy" of low carb really tho.

I'm (mostly) veggie so do the Rose Elliot Vegetarian Low Carb - she has a recipe book as well. It's slightly higher in carb allowance than Atkins and I think Protein Power and Neanderthin are as well.

Other people I'm sure will point you in the direction of books they like.

just want to lose weight lol and not getting anywhere with other plans i have pcos and have been told low carb is better for that, think i will try and get atkins book thanks x

I used the '72 version of Atkins. I think it's the best. You'll find it on Amazon I reckon.

thanks jim i have ordered the original atkins not sure what the date is for this also ordered the atkins cook book cant wait for them to arrive planning on starting on monday x

Katie,

If you planning to start on Monday, you'd better do your prep this weekend, start writing out daily menu's and stuff and having them checked on this board the day before. :)

Welcome Katie, hope it works for you :) tomorrow is my 4th weigh-in and I'm loving it so far. x

Welcome Katie, hope it works for you :) tomorrow is my 4th weigh-in and I'm loving it so far. x
good luck for tomorrow rela xx may you get a big fat whooooshie :)

thanks jim i have ordered the original atkins not sure what the date is for this also ordered the atkins cook book cant wait for them to arrive planning on starting on monday x

Hi ... katie isn't it! Remember me sweetie??? Get yourself on Atkins .. Its fab!

xx

Back