What can I try?

Have you tried Hummous ? You can get low fat versions in the supermarkets which might have a syn value or you can make your own with chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic etc. I think there is a recipe on the SW website.
You can have it with celery, carrot sticks etc.
Lx

What about Butternut Squash if you're not already a fan? Different seafood or fish? Jerusalum artichokes?

Lychees are absolutely delicious - I ate 1lb of them a day when I was travelling in India! Tinned ones won't count as free food.

Yey another lychee lover!! Love India too!!

Have you tried quorn burgers??

Taz remember my BNS story......and its still in my kitchen untouched ;) although nannyjax did have a few suggestions for me ;)

Ruthyxxxx

since melons are super speed i have been trying different varieties to snack on.

Sushi? Marks & sparks do a veggie one and its 1 syn and yum

This week: [strike]Chickpea dahl[/strike] will get again
01/06/08: Lychees
08/06/08: Spinach
15/06/08: Butternut squash
22/06/08: Hummous
29/06/08:

Taz your doing great

You can eat the skin on BNS - I cut it in half scrape the seeds out and cut it into small chunks. Then mix some coriander, cumin, oregano, chilli, garlic, salt, pepper with a tablespoon olive oil (HEX) then coat the BNS in spice mix (easiest way is to put it all in a plastic freezer bag and squish together) and roast in the oven for 35-45 mins until soft. Absolutely yummy! You can serve it with chicken or put it in a risotto (my favourite)

Well done on trying new things - what about celeriac? Either peel and chop into chunks and braise it in a little stock (or water) with some thyme and garlic or another great dish is celeriac coleslaw - grate it and mix with grated carrot, chopped spring onion, some 0% fat greek yogurt, a little wine vinegar, a tspn grain mustard, garlic salt and pepper and a spoonful of Hellmans Extra Low Fat Mayo. Really tasty and low syn.

Good luck on your culinary journey!!

Carol x

I have no idea what celeriac is but I will give it a go!

This week: Chickpea dahl will get again

29/06/08: Celeriac

This week: Chickpea dahl-Heating up now
22/06/08:
29/06/08:
I knew you would'nt like chick pea dhal......... Try sweet potato wedges, you might like them.... That Ruthy is naughty she should have ate her BNS ages ago......... any advice she gives you now, just nod, pretend to agree .......lol:)

I knew you would'nt like chick pea dhal......... Try sweet potato wedges, you might like them.... That Ruthy is naughty she should have ate her BNS ages ago......... any advice she gives you now, just nod, pretend to agree .......lol:)
Ha ha naughty Ruthy!
I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. It was great for dipping my wedges in, loved that. I keep meaning to try sweet potatoes so they are going on the list

This week: [STRIKE]Chickpea dahl[/STRIKE] will get again
29/06/08: Celeriac
06/07/08: Sweet potato

Back