What can keep me motivated

amber

Keep falling off the wagon don't know y yet I don't feel hungry its just that I want to eat something

Think of the reasons you're doing this, whether its for an event, for your health, or to make you feel happier about yourself.

I find that thinking about my wedding dress helps me, and how much more confident I'll be when I've got rid of the excess baggage. Sonera people find motivational pictures help x

Supersize vs Superskinny keeps me motivated :) Oh and the river island website.. :p xx

hi amber, im starting tomorrow and im worried about this exact same thing, sinead has a great tip of watching that programme super size and super skinny it really does put things in perspective, what im hoping to do to keep my self at it, is to tell my self to wise up and imagine myself in another year if i dont keep at it, visualise myself in the mirror another year older and even heavier again and imagine what my face will be like that and how sad ill look, and then i try to imagine myself my goal weight and what ill be doing, scooping my kids up into my arms and playing with them . so im just gonna keep focusing on end goal. i am the worst!!! for giving up on diets so i just pray i can stick to this so, i really understand pet,if you ever want to chat or try and motivate one and other give me a shout anytime xxxxxx

I just ask myself if i'll feel any better for eating the food. The answer is no.....its a short term craving and if you get up and go and do something to take your mind of it, it usually goes away. Good luck :)

I keep a list of reasons on my Laptop so when I feel down about it, I can look at that list, I go on clothing shops I'd like to shop at and add everything I'd love to wear to my bag and then before you know it half an hours gone and you feel motivated again!

The River Island website is a good motivation as well ;).. x

Stick a fat picture of you on the fridge and a pic or note of the reason why you want to lose the weight, I have fat pic and next to it a pic of my hotel booked for July on the beach. Also the weight you lose put that amount in a bag and watch it grow. Your be amazed at how heavy that bag will become. I also look at summer clothes on the Internet. Good luck. X Lindsey

Tomorrow morning Lindsey - i posted 2 pics of me somewhere in the forum and people can notice a difference in my face already!! xx

Well that's great I'll have. Look, if that is only in week one I bet you have lost inches else where. X I would say good luck tomorrow but you don't need it ur doing well.

Thanks Lindsey :) Fingers crossed for 9lb, anything less i'll be a little bit upset lol x x

cathy2009 said:
hi amber, im starting tomorrow and im worried about this exact same thing, sinead has a great tip of watching that programme super size and super skinny it really does put things in perspective, what im hoping to do to keep my self at it, is to tell my self to wise up and imagine myself in another year if i dont keep at it, visualise myself in the mirror another year older and even heavier again and imagine what my face will be like that and how sad ill look, and then i try to imagine myself my goal weight and what ill be doing, scooping my kids up into my arms and playing with them . so im just gonna keep focusing on end goal. i am the worst!!! for giving up on diets so i just pray i can stick to this so, i really understand pet,if you ever want to chat or try and motivate one and other give me a shout anytime xxxxxx

Thanks hunni I'm feeling much better now

Thanks everyone for your help I'm always starting an stopping but this time I want to stick to it an want it to be my last time to diet an always keep it off an look healthier

Back