1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What can you drink on Exante

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Starlight, 1 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I think the most common question on here is what drinks can we have - its been asked about a dozen times today :giggle:

SOOOO how bout we make a list

If you have anything else to add copy and paste the most recent list and add yours

Rule of thumb when it comes to soft drinks is anything with NO citric acid...
    and, so it would seem, NO lactic acid

Tea
    Coffee
    Coke Zero
    Asda Diet Coke
    Dr Pepper Zero
    Bouillon
    Green Tea
    Peppermint Tea
    tescos own strawberry water
    Sainsburys strawberry and kiwi sparkling water

Asda Cola Zero (No Citric Acid and even better no aspartame)
    Sainsbury's Flavoured Still Water (Raspberry & Cranberry, Peach, Apple & Blackberry)
    Sainsbury's Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
    Sainsbury's Classic Diet Cola (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)
    Sainsbury's Classic Zero (No Citric Acid or Aspartame)

Last edited: 12 July 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Mumbles

Mumbles Well-Known Member

hi,
    ASDA Cream Soda is OK? Great news, I love it. I asked once before and was told no. Can't remember at the moment which acid is in it, I know it's not citric. Are we sure that this is OK>

4. Starlight

You know, Im not convinced about lactic acid, 2 people have posted today about it and said they believe its ok but I cant find anything online about it. Hmmm personally id be reluctant to chance it unless I knew for sure....

Id prefer to stick with things that have malic acid, since I know for sure thats ok

5. Emmajoyce

Emmajoyce Will be a skinny mini!

thank you :)

6. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

"Lactic acid fermentation is a biological process by which sugars such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose, are converted into cellular energy and the metabolic byproduct lactate." (wikipedia)

glucose and sucrose will definitely throw you out of ketosis

7. shona1968

shona1968 Well-Known Member

yo have have green and peppermint teayoo and Boullion

8. Sammeh

Sammeh Well-Known Member

I think the idea of one post listing all drinks that are ok is a fabulous one as I get really bored drinking the same thing and have already hit my limit on coffee intake for the day and it is only 9am!

Tea
    Coffee
    Coke Zero
    Asda Diet Coke
    Dr Pepper Zero

Bouillon
    Green Tea
    Peppermint Tea

Are there any safe flavoured waters - I have seen various posts about those but some are ok and some not (my mum is struggling with plain water intake so want to give her a shopping list of alternatives for when she goes to the supermarket later today!).

9. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

I picked up some of tescos own strawberry water, its got malic acid which is okay :)

and the multipack cans of coke zero are bogof! (tesco)

10. halster78

halster78 Member

Hi,

I noticed today while in Tesco's that their Own brand Apple water has the same ingredients as their strawberry water. Contains Malic acid not citric acid.

Anyone seen this? Assume its OK if strawberry one is?

Just trying to prepare as starting TS on Monday. Packs arrived today....

Cheers
    Al

11. debs78

debs78 Well-Known Member

Asda sell Perfectly Clear red apple sparkling water and this has Malic acid in it. 95p a bottle

12. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

I only mentioned the strawb cause it was the only one I checked... :p If its malic acid (no citric acid!) then its ok. Good luck with Exante, Al xx

13. Starlight

Tea
    Coffee
    Coke Zero
    Asda Diet Coke
    Dr Pepper Zero
    Bouillon
    Green Tea
    Peppermint Tea
    Perfectly Clear red apple sparkling water
    tescos own strawberry water

14. Little-Miss-Perfect

Little-Miss-Perfect Doing it exante style :)

How much flavoured water can u drink?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

15. Starlight

I dont think theres a limit. I have all my water with water flavouring in it

16. Divster

Divster Banned

This whole citric acid thing, there is no real research about it, and more likely to stop children that were put on the diets for medical reasons to stop them drinking loads of pop!

17. Little-Miss-Perfect

Little-Miss-Perfect Doing it exante style :)

Thank god for that :) I drank a whole 1.5 litre bottle of the peach one then thought oooops am I supposed to have all that lol
    Thank x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

18. Starlight

I just wouldnt want to take the chance personally. Not when ALL the VLCD companies are totally unanimous in saying to avoid it. There must be some reason behind it. IMO its just not worth taking the risk of getting knocked out of ketosis for something like a can of coke when there are so many other alternatives.

19. Divster

Divster Banned

My water flavouring arrived, it taste like aspirin! :cry:

20. Starlight

Ewwww what did you get?

21. Divster

Divster Banned

Its the berry one, and its just like dissolvable aspirin!