• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

what day am i having???? RED OR EE??

so i have started again today. and my menu was as follows

Breakfast
2 weetabix (HEXB )with milk (HEXA)

Snack
Carrot stick
Grapes

Lunch
Left over lamb, boiled egg & large salad
Satsuma

snack
muller light and satsuma

Tea
Pork chop,
New pots (HEXB)
loads of veg
and gravy.

now intentionally i have opted for the Red day..... but this could also be a Extra Easy day if i allowed myself more new potatoes.

or am i not getting this?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
its a good red day but for ee you are only allowed one he a and b choice and i think its only recomended that a 3rd of your plate is superfree not compulsory altho there seems to be some diff on opinion depending on classes

*angie*

loves food and cooking
So far, the day could be red or easy.

If you are planning on another A choice, then you would need to keep it red.
If you fancy more pots for tea, then it becomes 'easy'.

biggirl/candy - the potatoes become free on EE, so gonabslim would still be oK with the easy plan, as (s)he will have only had 1 B choice.

Ideally on EE, your superfree food should account for 1/3 of your food - doesn't have to, but you will get a better loss if it does. That said - lunch was prob 1/3 sf (egg, salad, fruit), and tea could be if you have loadsa veg :)

I think you have the hang of this plan completely :D

No-one's ever mentioned this 'one third rule' for EE with our group, and we're all still losing weight. Is it a remnant of belief from Mix to Max?

I would have that day as a EE day (that's all I do) since you can have as much as you like of everything, but red would be fine too!

So far, the day could be red or easy.

If you are planning on another A choice, then you would need to keep it red.
If you fancy more pots for tea, then it becomes 'easy'.

biggirl/candy - the potatoes become free on EE, so gonabslim would still be oK with the easy plan, as (s)he will have only had 1 B choice.

Ideally on EE, your superfree food should account for 1/3 of your food - doesn't have to, but you will get a better loss if it does. That said - lunch was prob 1/3 sf (egg, salad, fruit), and tea could be if you have loadsa veg :)

I think you have the hang of this plan completely :D
suddenly things were clear their for a minute never thought of it like that i have so much to learn and im nearly one wk in :)

*angie*

loves food and cooking
The 'one third rule' is written in the EE booklet you should have been given.

On p5 it says 'Choose superfree for superfast success'
<snip> by filling one third of your plate with superfree foods each mealtime you're naturally limiting your energy intake without counting a single calorie <snip>

Ahh, didn't see that bit. I think our consultant doesn't push for 'superfast success' - I personally am much happier losing weight more slowly and so are a lot of other people at my group - so perhaps that's why we don't talk about it at my group...

So if I have chilli con carne with rice and nothing else, would that not count as Extra Easy and be heavily synned either as a red day or green day? Normally I would have fruit for dessert afterwards, but last week I had half a curly wurly cake which I counted as 5 syns.

*angie*

loves food and cooking
So if I have chilli con carne with rice and nothing else, would that not count as Extra Easy and be heavily synned either as a red day or green day? Normally I would have fruit for dessert afterwards, but last week I had half a curly wurly cake which I counted as 5 syns.
Chilli and rice does count as EE.

The 1/3 superfree is only a *recommendation* to speed up what could become a slower rate of loss than on the other plans.

Thanks for that Angie. I'm doing a mix of red, green and extra easy days. Extra easy is by far the easiest to do but I think my weight loss is best with red days. I love rice and pasta so I probably have too much and that is why my losses slow right down. I'll try to remember to have a superfree desert after an ee dinner to balance it out a bit.