What did your LO eat today (weaning)

I'll try some of them organic puffs. Amelia 6 months tomorrow wahoooo!!!!!
Is that the next check up norm 7 months?made Amelia's homemade meals today and froze them. I did
Sweet potto and carrot
Carrot and potato and baby gravy
Carrot and parsnip
Parsnip and potato and baby gravy
Broccoli and cauliflower
Broccoli cauliflower potato and baby gravy
Sweet potato and parsnip

Do you just give her fruit and veg becca?

They normally do them at 8-9 months here but I was taking Jesse anyway cus his height has dropped off and they want to refer him to paediatrics now. We were hanging round waiting for Stuart so she did it, she was pleased with him, sitting up, rolling, grabbing stuff and making noises and trying to crawl and he was sat eating a rice cake while she was doing Jesse lol.
he weighs 17lb 1oz lol x
I'm gunna make teddy some stuff this weekend just going to mash it he eats loads of lumps now so I don't think I'll get much use from a blender!

No I just wondered its upto you how you do it, how old is she now?
I started introducing meat, dairy, fish, pasta etc about 6 months so it seems ages ago now (only a month though) but other people like to do it more slowly. Only thing I haven't tried him with yet is eggs because Jesse used to have reactions to them x

Today teddy had

B - 7oz, 1/2 slice cheese on toast

L - 7oz, 1/2 Heinz apple and pork casserole

D - 2 pumpkin seed oat cakes spread with organic hummus, Ella's banana and raisin flapjack thing and 4 strawberries, little stars yoghurt

Will have another 7oz at bedtime!

Last edited:
Do you get your heniz jars from Aldis? Hollie had that one for yesterdays dinner. Today Hollie's had 8.30-5oz, 12.30 fruity baby cereal and carrot puffs, 3.00 -5oz 6.00- mince beef, potato, carrots, cauliflower and peas mashed and I gave her some carrots and potato to eat herself, she probably have another 5-6 oz later. Hope it went well for Jesse yesterday xx

No from asda 10 for £6 and last ages cus he only has 1/2 a jar a time, and having less and less spoon feeds now
Got loads of bits for him today, unsalted butter, sugar free jam, hummus, cream cheese, oatcakes, loads different rice cakes, raspberry wheats cereal to soak in milk, loads of fruit and some other bits. He really enjoys feeding himself I love watching him! x

Yeah she is on stage 2 now, like you already said it actually works out cheaper than stage one as you can get 2 meals out of them for the time being, stage 2 are 45p and stage one are 40p in aldi's so if I pop in there I always grab a few as their great for that price, I still buy the hipps and cow gate when I do normal shopping, the asda deal is quite good with the 10 for 6 quid as you can have a mixture of brands and flavours. I'm going to do a big shop later so I'm going pick up a few baby bits like the rice cakes, baby pasta, gravy, fruit, carrot puffs, might have a look for sugar free jam too x

It's called st dalfour I think the one I got, it's sweetened with grape juice instead of sugar, looks good!
Couldn't believe how much teddy loved hoummus last night, gunna give him it on a sandwich for lunch I think lol x

Just after a lil bit advice really, I have been feedin Amelia solids for around two months. She has baby porridge for breakfast , homemade veg for dinner and homemade veg for tea and lil petis filous yoghurt or pudding . I started doing then slightly more lumpy over the last few weeks and she is great with it. She has half a rusk as finger food now and again and lil crust off toast.
I feel I need to move on a lil bit with her food but don't know what's best to move onto or what to introduce next
Can anyone help with a lil bit of advice ???

I'd offer different finger foods, soft fruit, toast or small sandwiches with diff fillings, rice cakes, oatcakes, crackers, flapjack, pitta bread, veg sticks, cheese sticks/baby bell, hard boiled eggs, strips of meat, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato wedges, even fish fingers or potato waffles are fine x
Different flavours in her meals, add in new meats or veg she hasn't tried or had before and you can put herbs in now too, make some pasta meals, or mild curry with coconut milk,

I know it's hard but just let her get on with it, theres a huge difference between gagging and choking, babies have a naturally very sensitive gag reflex and it's quite far forward in the mouth, no where near the point they would choke! Gagging is loud and obvious, choking you wouldn't really notice until she can't breath. Just watch carefully and stay calm, and let her do it on her own, don't stick your fingers in you could push the food further back and make it worse! If she's gagging just don't react, just smile at her and don't let her know your panicking cus that will make her panic x

Back